» Online Users: 1,041
1 members and 1,040 guests
John

Old 03-31-2008, 01:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemistoxi View Post
sometimes it's hard in a college setting to be "faithful."
No it's not. It's not hard in any setting, at least it isn't for some people.

ETA: If it's hard for him/her to be faithful in a college setting, then it would be hard for him/her to be faithful in any setting.

Last edited by PrettyBoy; 03-31-2008 at 01:40 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemistoxi View Post
And also, to touch on the topic about numbers, I think if every one knew # we'd all be disgusted with our partners. Somethings are just better left unsaid, especially if you and her are in love, and you are having a successful relationship, why let something as small as the past ruin your future together?
I would have a hard time spending my present and future together with a loose woman.

ETA: I wouldn't.

Last edited by PrettyBoy; 03-31-2008 at 01:37 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thru_da_wire View Post
their were times when I really developed deep feeling for a couple of past females, but the high numbers straight CRUSHED me...
------------>We're here<------------
Old 03-31-2008, 01:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen1ne View Post
Also the last time I checked hoe and woman don't belong together.
I agree. Men who refer to themselves as "players" are hoes too.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

DSTChaos,

The reason that I personally have a problem with it is b/c it doesn't strike me as suitable to call any woman a derogatory term. I just don't think that it's good for our community to continue that kind of madness. This is why I have a problem with it. The title just doesn't strike me as something that is of the caliber to be on the Alpha Phi Alpha page and, appears at least to me, to disrespect all women. I was surprised to see it on the Alpha page.

SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post
This is an old thread so maybe I'm forgetting how it started. Isn't the title in reference to "hoes" and not to "women?"

Perhaps the title can be changed to "promiscuous women (and men)." Would that really change the meaning beyond removing the catch phrase?

The discussion in this thread already addressed the subjectivity of the term "hoe."
Old 03-31-2008, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerChild View Post
DSTChaos,

The reason that I personally have a problem with it is b/c it doesn't strike me as suitable to call any woman a derogatory term. I just don't think that it's good for our community to continue that kind of madness. This is why I have a problem with it. The title just doesn't strike me as something that is of the caliber to be on the Alpha Phi Alpha page and, appears at least to me, to disrespect all women. I was surprised to see it on the Alpha page.

SC
Hoes are hoes. There are male hoes, female hoes, black hoes, white hoes, Asian hoes, educated hoes, dumb hoes......

This is an old thread. Have you been surprised for all these years?
Old 03-31-2008, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Frat,

I am surprised that it was started by a woman. But then again, in some ways, I unfortunately am not as many have become desensitized to this as well.

Ok, so if that term and the term "woman" don't belong together. What are we saying by using it? So now it's ok to disrespect some women? Is that what we are teaching the next generation?

SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen1ne View Post
Although this thread is on our message board, it was actually started by a woman. Also the last time I checked hoe and woman don't belong together.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
What are we saying by using it?

That there are hoes.

Feminism doesn't remove the hoe label. Feminism means that the hoe label should be used for males and females, who fit whatever subjective criteria there is, equally.

Now if the person is a "sex worker" then he or she has rights and a labor union that backs them (no pun intended). That's a profession whereas being a HOE is not.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Actually, I don't come to this board very often but I have noticed it off and on for a while. It just struck me that I have been noticing it off and on for awhile and to just say something. But, as you know, the fact that it is an old thread doesn't have any relevance towards the point of my post.

SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post
Hoes are hoes. There are male hoes, female hoes, black hoes, white hoes, Asian hoes, educated hoes, dumb hoes......

This is an old thread. Have you been surprised for all these years?
Old 03-31-2008, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
the fact that it is an old thread doesn't have any relevance towards the point of my post.

SC
It actually does have relevance. But instead of helping to keep this 7 year old thread on top, maybe you can take your plea to an Alpha moderator via PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:46 PM
GreekChat Member

interesting

I just wanted to add my little bit. On the topic that started the post, I have a friend who has done this exact thing- and I haven't disowned her yet. Why? Because we have a mutual understanding that we view sex differently which I think is what this whole thing boils down to. She has her sexcapades and I disagree with them but that doesn't change the fact that she is my homie. Besides, discretion is the name of her game. Everyone involved knows that talking can bring a good thing to an end. Just because she likes to do the do doesn't make her any less of a good person. The guys aren't saints and their behavior can't be passed off as boys beings boys because they're just as dirty as she supposedly is if not more considering they have alot of this ocurring daily.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but at the end of the day it boils down to minding ur own darn business. Every promiscuous girl is not that way bc she's lost or wants attention. Believe it or not some girls like sex with no strings attached too-it's not only ok for the "men to "experiment" or "test the waters." If you don't like what someone is doing-don't concern urself with it. If it is forced upon u, let it be known that you're not interested-whether it be someone's sex life, probs with parents, class, what color shirt they're wearing to a party. It's life-and people are different. You don't like what someone is doing, show them how you feel by doing what you feel is right. Other than that-live ur life. Do you. Don't be concerned with the girl going through a row of frat brothers because if she feels it's wrong, she will deal with herself later.
In my opinion it looks worse for the frat bros bc people often associate them with their org. How about telling them to cut it out or slow it down? But people don't like to do that. Blame it on the woman..oh boy.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbm View Post
In my opinion it looks worse for the frat bros bc people often associate them with their org. How about telling them to cut it out or slow it down? But people don't like to do that. Blame it on the woman..oh boy.
It does look bad for frat brothers to sleep with the same woman. I don't see how someone would over look that or try to point the blame on the female or try to ruin her character. They are in the same boat as far as morals go. Also, a lot of times people think that a woman is going through a whole fraternity and that might not even be the case. She might have just talked to one or two of them and some of the other Frat brother's might have approached her unknowingly. Especially if the woman is attractive, she might get approached by many men on the campus but that doesn't mean that she is running through a fraternity of guys. Anyway, the fraternity members need to just set some guidelines or standards in the way they conduct themselves. They should have an unspoken rule not to talk to a woman that another frat member has talked to. That way they don't have to ever worry about ruining a woman's character or theirs. There is definitely a double standard thing going on here. If you are sleeping with someone that isn't your husband/wife that is far too many. That applies to everyone: Male and Female. There's no difference!
Old 06-14-2008, 01:22 AM
GreekChat Member

I read through these new posts. As far as fraternity brothers discussing with each other who they've screwed or how many jokers in the fraternity she's screwed, rather they're having formal meetings about the garbage or whatever....blah blah blah. To me that's just pointless discussions. Fraternity member, regular joker, gdi joker, or whatever, as long as a man or woman sleeps with more than one person at a time without a monogomous relationship and refuses to stay with one person, is a skank. Man or woman. It doesn't matter.

I wouldn't even get into a pointless azz discussion with a Nupe, Alpha, Que, Sigma, Iota, gdi or or whoever, who can't keep his d*** in his pants. And I damn sure wouldn't associate myself with a whoremongering, no good, skank azz woman who can't keep her legs closed.

To me, jokers like this are all skank snakes who don't love or respect themselves. Period.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
I read through these new posts. As far as fraternity brothers discussing with each other who they've screwed or how many jokers in the fraternity she's screwed, rather they're having formal meetings about the garbage or whatever....blah blah blah. To me that's just pointless discussions. Fraternity member, regular joker, gdi joker, or whatever, as long as a man or woman sleeps with more than one person at a time without a monogomous relationship and refuses to stay with one person, is a skank. Man or woman. It doesn't matter.

I wouldn't even get into a pointless azz discussion with a Nupe, Alpha, Que, Sigma, Iota, gdi or or whoever, who can't keep his d*** in his pants. And I damn sure wouldn't associate myself with a whoremongering, no good, skank azz woman who can't keep her legs closed.

To me, jokers like this are all skank snakes who don't love or respect themselves. Period.
I don't know if you were replying to my post or just talking in general. Anyway, I wasn't meaning that men should discuss personal things as who they have slept with. For one thing, that is very personal and shouldn't be discussed with anyone. When you become grown that is your personal business and shouldn't be broadcast to anyone. What I was meaning with Fraternity members, is that they shouldn't go and talk to a woman that another frat brother talked to or dated. They don't have to know if the frat brother slept with the woman or not. All they need to know is another frat member was interested in her and dated her, and there should be a boundary that they shouldn't cross! That right there will keep things under wrap and prevent a bunch of mess.

Also, by reading your statements above you shouldn't be so judgmental. Everyone has a past and there is not one thing that God can't forgive people for. If you have ever slept with someone outside of marriage, you are a whoremonger according to God's word. There is no big or little sin, and you are no different from the people that are very sexual promiscuous. Anyway, I'm not trying to offend. I'm just given a different perspective from a biblical standpoint.

Last edited by smc112; 06-14-2008 at 10:45 AM.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc112 View Post
Also, by reading your statements above you shouldn't be so judgmental. Everyone has a past and there is not one thing that God can't forgive people for. If you have ever slept with someone outside of marriage, you are a whoremonger according to God's word. There is no big or little sin, and you are no different from the people that are very sexual promiscuous. Anyway, I'm not trying to offend. I'm just given a different perspective from a biblical standpoint.
I didn't take offense to your post. I agree with it. smc112 there are certain people we like to be around and certain people we don't like to be around. That's not being judgemental to me. I don't like being around people like that. When I said whoremonger, in my eyes I'm talking about the opposite. I'm talking about courtship. I'm talking about when you begin to date ONE person exclusively, frequently, and with the purpose of determining if this is the person with whom you truly want to spend the rest of your life. This thread, or most of the posts that I've read on here are about people sleeping around. Yes, I agree with you 100%. Anyone who engages in sex outside of marriage is violating God's law. I'm not judging, because that's not my place to do so, but IMO it's a form of some type of disfunctional behavior when people start having sexual relatations with multiple people. To me, a relationship begins with a decision to date only ONE person and ends in a formal engagement or a difinitive dissolution of the relationship. I don't take the multiple partner thing lightly. IMO, courtship either ends in an engagement or a breakup, not when you're involved with 2 and 3 jokers at the same time.

I'm glad to see you've included the bible in this discussion. When you get a chance read Solomon 2:8-3:5.