GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,162
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, Duece464
» Online Users: 763
0 members and 763 guests
No Members online

Old 01-07-2009, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nikki1920 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1920
Dear me:

NICE job on the chili from last night!! Yay Slow Cooker/Crock Pot!!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 9dstpm
Dear Nikki 1920:

Can I come over for some chili?

Thank you,

9dstpm
Old 01-07-2009, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9dstpm View Post
Dear Nikki 1920:

Thank you,

9dstpm
^^^Can I come too? I'll bring cornbread & crackers!

To whom it may concern:
I really need the money for school. I am dead broke and I can't afford to cover my school expenses or my medical expenses. My last script was going to cost me $250 if the insurance people didnt pay for it. I think the pharm. knew when I looked my mom in the eyes and told her "I'll deal with the pain because I wont let you pay that much for some pills" that I was really in pain and I really couldnt afford the meds. I didnt see a doctor after four months of pain because I couldn't afford it even with insurance. $40 office visit co-pay + $500 deductatble on all scripts means that going to the doctor is going to cost way more than the $4 I have. So, I'm asking that you remedy this situation. I just dont get it. 2 jobs, a scholarship, federal loan, money from my mom and I'm still unable to pay tuition & room & board! Right now Im burning my candle at both ends and in the middle too. I need help! I know marriage is usually not the solution to financial problems, but I'm seriously considering it.
Thanks,
Me

Last edited by I.A.S.K.; 01-07-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Dear E.,

I'm really worried about you. Your email this morning disturbed me a little. I don't know what ticked you off, but I think I may have a good idea. When you feel like you're up to talking about it, you know how to reach me. I'll be waiting...((((hug))))
Life Member Fall 2008
Be a Leader, Be a Friend, Be of Service
Old 01-07-2009, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1920 View Post
Dear me:

NICE job on the chili from last night!! Yay Slow Cooker/Crock Pot!!
Dear nikki1920,

Last night must've been chili night, because we made chili too!
Life Member Fall 2008
Be a Leader, Be a Friend, Be of Service
Old 01-08-2009, 10:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Dear Losing coach of last night's game, (Melanie?)

I'm sorry your Lady Hoopsters lost -- actually yall's offense was pretty bad and it was not a fun game to do. But, it was not a total waste. It was a pleasure watching you on the bench, in all of your foineness. As your team got behind by 5, 10, and then 15 points, you sat there with that pretty smile, taking it all in. If they gave points for "coaching cuteness," yall probably would have only lost by 20 instead of the 28,30 points yall lost by.

Never have I had so much fun watching a coach during time outs. (I would have even let you argue a few calls with me....for a little while, anyway.) I'd advise you get some new plays for your team, but as long as you on the bench, I'm more than happy to officiate any game you are a part of.
~ Luke 19:10
Old 01-08-2009, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB06 View Post
Dear Losing coach of last night's game, (Melanie?)

I'm sorry your Lady Hoopsters lost -- actually yall's offense was pretty bad and it was not a fun game to do. But, it was not a total waste. It was a pleasure watching you on the bench, in all of your foineness. As your team got behind by 5, 10, and then 15 points, you sat there with that pretty smile, taking it all in. If they gave points for "coaching cuteness," yall probably would have only lost by 20 instead of the 28,30 points yall lost by.

Never have I had so much fun watching a coach during time outs. (I would have even let you argue a few calls with me....for a little while, anyway.) I'd advise you get some new plays for your team, but as long as you on the bench, I'm more than happy to officiate any game you are a part of.
Tony,

Ask her does she need an assistant.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9dstpm View Post
Dear Nikki 1920:

Thank you,

9dstpm
Dear Dennis' favorite fan:

I'll have to make more of it b/c lilnikki and I ate all of it.
But yeah, come on over. Bring the fam!!!

You're welcome,
nikki1920

IASK:
you can't go to your school's student health clinic? Imma need you to handle that with the quickness, 4 months in pain is not good. Does your school offern insurance for students?

Yes, you can come over!!

With concern,
me

Dear sleep center of my brain:
I dunno what gear you are in, but kindly return to the one that shuts all operations down at approximately 11:30 pm? This up-till-4am isht is NOT working. My temper is already short this week!

Tiredly,
the sleepy mom
Old 01-08-2009, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1920 View Post

IASK:
you can't go to your school's student health clinic? Imma need you to handle that with the quickness, 4 months in pain is not good. Does your school offern insurance for students?

Yes, you can come over!!

With concern,
me

Dear sleep center of my brain:
I dunno what gear you are in, but kindly return to the one that shuts all operations down at approximately 11:30 pm? This up-till-8am isht is NOT working. My temper is already short this week!

Tiredly,
the sleepy mom
Dear Nikki:
Thanks for the concern! I have insurance through my school and outside insurance. Been there done that as far as the student clinic goes. They referred me to a neurologist (who I called in Nov. and couldn't get an appointment with until Jan.). The bolded above is one of my problems. I haven't been to sleep before 7/8 am in months. Its only getting worse because its starting to be a psyc stressor because people around me just dont get it. Everyone keeps saying "why dont you just go to sleep?" or "you just need to lay down at a decent hour and dont get up then you'll fall asleep" or my mom (who takes the cake) "you just have to promise yourself that you wont sleep between the hours of 8am and 8pm" I just want to scream "WTF if that worked we wouldnt be having this conversation!" UGH! But hopefully between the blood work my doctor at home did and whatever this neurologist says when I go see him they'll figure it out.

Thanks for the invite! When will the Chilli be ready? I will be early fyi. Cant stand it when people beat me to the food. LOL.

Anticipating Chilli,
Me
Old 01-11-2009, 02:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Dear LIG,

I am a bit frustrated with you right now. I am frustrated because I know that I and my efforts are better than the return that I am seeing right now. I know that I deserve more than what I am getting, on several different levels.

Thing is, I can not figure out how to make the returns match my efforts, and that is frustrating to me because I feel like I should know that by now. Additionally, I don't know whether I should be trying alternative paths, and that is frustrating, because I also believe I should have figured that out already.

Here's the thing though, LIG, I am going to keep on doing what I am doing. I am even going to step my game up in 2009. I know that if I keep working at it, I am going to eventually see my due rewards.

Frustrated, but still hopeful,

Little32
Old 01-11-2009, 05:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Dear Idina,

I think you're wonderful. It takes a lot of heart to admit you wish for your "chocolatey babies" to see themselves reflected in their president. Black women across America have said that repeatedly, but for a white woman to say it is just...acceptance at a level I haven't seen thus far. I don't even think that's the word I'm looking for, but it's as close as I can get. Those kids are really going to come into a home full of strength and love with parents who want them to embrace their total identity without having to "choose sides." Thank you, that made my day.

P.S. With a husband like yours, your future kids will be some beautiful little beings. Make them babies, girl.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 01-14-2009, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Dear CG:
thank you for that picture of Dr. Sam Whats-his-face from Private Practice. I thought Taye would always be Winston, then Marcus from Best Man, then Kevin Hill, and now he's finally matured into Sam. And he's still chocolatey....

Love,
a Private Practice fan.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Dear showboating client in the lobby:
Please understand that this is a place of business and I am a professional. So with that in mind, let me share this:

1. I have a headache. I function very poorly when I have a headache. In layman's terms, I get an attitude.
2. It's that time of the month so I'm a lil crispy (i.e. b*tchy) today. As my coworker says, don't come for me, k?
3. I don't really give a flying flip if you want to call the "regional director" to complain about me. First of freakin all, there is no regional director for this county agency. Learn the damn terminology. Second of all, I still have four days to process this report. Slow your roll, homegirl. Making a scene in the lobby only shows me that you have plenty of free time, and that, like a child throwing a tantrum, you expect attention to equal faster service. I don't respond to child-like behavior from a grown woman. So, instead of me being proactive, which I would normally do, your case will sit until my supervisor can get to it. When that will be, I have no idea. Next time, use your nice girl voice and that will get your stuff to you faster.

And to the coworker trying to run interference:
um, you are not a supervisor. Stop trying to pretend that you are one. Stop trying to placate to these tantrum throwing clients and act like you have some sense. Ever wonder why no one will assist you? That condescending attitude is why. Someone will tell your linebacker-looking azz off if you aren't careful. I hope it won't be me b/c I'm scared you'd tackle me and I'd break a bone. Then I'd have to file assault charges. .

Today is not the dayum day, ok?

Nikki1920

Last edited by CrimsonTide4; 01-15-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:40 PM
GreekChat Member

((((hugs to Nikki1920)

*secretly slides can of whoopazz to her.Use as directed.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BlessedOne04 Send a message via Yahoo to BlessedOne04
Dear School District,
Thank you for the snow day!!!

Blessed