GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,200
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,179
0 members and 1,179 guests
No Members online

Old 08-22-2024, 05:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
Did Kamala’s husband have an affair on his first wife? That’s what I’ve been hearing. I don’t know how true it is though. I guess I can google it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
I heard he boned their nanny, got her pregnant, and then paid for the abortion. I think it’s true.
I knew he hit it, but I didn’t know he filled the belly up too. It is factual info though. I found it on YouTube.
https://youtu.be/D9knJvAL6zA?si=lQjHN6N1d6pzlF9v
Old 08-22-2024, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
I heard he boned their nanny, got her pregnant, and then paid for the abortion. I think it’s true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
I knew he hit it, but I didn’t know he filled the belly up too. It is factual info though. I found it on YouTube.
https://youtu.be/D9knJvAL6zA?si=lQjHN6N1d6pzlF9v
Wow! He was trifling. I hope he isn’t that way now. I guess it’d come out if he was.
Old 08-22-2024, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Wow! He was trifling. I hope he isn’t that way now. I guess it’d come out if he was.
Nah, he went black, he ain’t going back Lol!
Old 08-22-2024, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

The DNC was so awesome tonight. And VP Harris put together a wonderful speech!

HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 08-22-2024, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

People can be married two or three times as widows/widowers. It’s not always divorce.
Old 08-22-2024, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
People can be married two or three times as widows/widowers. It’s not always divorce.
True, but I was talking about divorce.
Old 08-24-2024, 06:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I’m watching a Bonnie & Clyde documentary. It’s pretty good. I’ve known about Bonnie & Clyde since I can remember, but only knew about Frank Lucas after I saw the movie American Gangster. Never heard of him before that. He made Al Capone and Bonnie & Clyde look like welfare cases put together. I enjoy gangster documentaries.
Old 08-25-2024, 09:29 AM
GreekChat Member

My practice partner text me this, hilarious! I don’t know who a few of them are, but for the ones I do know about, that’s like a really hard pick.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 08-25-2024, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post

My practice partner text me this, hilarious! I don’t know who a few of them are, but for the ones I do know about, that’s like a really hard pick.
I’d stand Lol. If I couldn’t stand, I’d pick any of them because the first one who tried to start a conversation with me, I’d immediately tell them to STFU and leave me alone. Who would you pick, CG? And who’d your practice partner pick?
Old 08-25-2024, 05:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

I'd choose number ten, and inquire of Senator Graham how it is the city of Charleston (in his SC homestate) continues to experience severe, yearly rainy weather events yet always receives government monies to rebuild. And rebuild. And rebuild yet again.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 08-25-2024, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Ok, so thinking first off, I need to be like comfortable on a long flight which means I need an aisle seat. That means the options are 2, 4, 8, and 10. 2 is out because he smells, and he’s a rapist, so I couldn’t comfortably close my eyes on the flight. And then, 8 is out for part of the same reason I wouldn’t sit next to 2. 10 is out because he seems like a talker and I wouldn’t want to talk to him. So that leaves 4, because although he lied about the Sandy Hook shooting, they sued him, so I would be like really surprised he could afford a flight anyway. And then too, I can just shoot him some really mean looks that will make him freeze in place for 8 hours without talking to me.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 08-25-2024, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I’m watching a Bonnie & Clyde documentary. It’s pretty good. I’ve known about Bonnie & Clyde since I can remember, but only knew about Frank Lucas after I saw the movie American Gangster. Never heard of him before that. He made Al Capone and Bonnie & Clyde look like welfare cases put together. I enjoy gangster documentaries.
I have a model/replica of one of their getaway cars — Bonnie and Clyde. Black gangsters really weren’t publicized. That’s why you didn’t know about Frank Lucas until the movie came out. I think he was pocketing around $400,000/month or some crazy number like that. He didn’t have a middleman. He’d get his product directly from the source. The mafia didn’t know he was black for a long time.

With Bonnie and Clyde, if you study that era of American history, there were a lot of white lawbreakers (Baby Face Nelson, Ma Barker, etc.) that were cheered on and helped, because of the depression. Folks were mad at the government during that time, so that’s one reason for the support of those criminals.

On the flip side of that, black people are a communitarian culture, so back then, we’d generally band together and help each other. Also, we were used to doing more with a little. Plus, the jobs we did during the depression were still needed, like picking cotton. So, you’re not going to hear a lot about successful black gangsters, although there were quite a bit.

Clyde was poor — very poor. But, he thought he was entitled to be rich. Bonnie actually tried to talk him into making an honest living while he was in prison.
Old 08-26-2024, 10:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I have a model/replica of one of their getaway cars — Bonnie and Clyde. Black gangsters really weren’t publicized. That’s why you didn’t know about Frank Lucas until the movie came out. I think he was pocketing around $400,000/month or some crazy number like that. He didn’t have a middleman. He’d get his product directly from the source. The mafia didn’t know he was black for a long time.

With Bonnie and Clyde, if you study that era of American history, there were a lot of white lawbreakers (Baby Face Nelson, Ma Barker, etc.) that were cheered on and helped, because of the depression. Folks were mad at the government during that time, so that’s one reason for the support of those criminals.

On the flip side of that, black people are a communitarian culture, so back then, we’d generally band together and help each other. Also, we were used to doing more with a little. Plus, the jobs we did during the depression were still needed, like picking cotton. So, you’re not going to hear a lot about successful black gangsters, although there were quite a bit.

Clyde was poor — very poor. But, he thought he was entitled to be rich. Bonnie actually tried to talk him into making an honest living while he was in prison.
Damn dude! Is there a model you don’t have? Where do you find these? I’ve never heard of a hobby like yours. I’ll bet you’re the only D9 member that does this hobby. In fact, I’ll put money on it Lol.

Yeah, Lucas was crazy though. He had family in Vietnam sending the product back to the US in body bags. Then, when it wasn’t coming over fast enough, he went over to Vietnam himself in the middle of a war to help push it through.

Yeah, the documentary was talking about how broke Clyde was. They didn’t get a whole lot of money though, compared to some of the higher profile gangsters like Capone.

I’m not surprised at Lucas not being publicized. Mafia started trippin when they found out he was black Lol.
Old 08-27-2024, 12:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Damn dude! Is there a model you don’t have? Where do you find these? I’ve never heard of a hobby like yours. I’ll bet you’re the only D9 member that does this hobby. In fact, I’ll put money on it Lol.

Yeah, Lucas was crazy though. He had family in Vietnam sending the product back to the US in body bags. Then, when it wasn’t coming over fast enough, he went over to Vietnam himself in the middle of a war to help push it through.

Yeah, the documentary was talking about how broke Clyde was. They didn’t get a whole lot of money though, compared to some of the higher profile gangsters like Capone.

I’m not surprised at Lucas not being publicized. Mafia started trippin when they found out he was black Lol.
Hobby stores, eBay, fairgrounds, classic car museums, any place that I can find them — ones that are detailed enough for my collection. Sometimes, I travel to different automotive museums across the country to buy them. It just depends. You name any classic car, I probably have it. Trucks, too. Actually, I’ve met D9 members that are into cars. Not to the level I am to where they’ve made a career out of it though, like I have. I’m a pure petrolhead, brother.

With gangsters, for the record, they’re all thugs, to me. But, here’s an interesting clip about Frank Lucas.

https://youtu.be/hgDm6iseEhA?si=v8EuP0NNXRUF94C7
Old 08-27-2024, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
[COLOR="DarkRed"]With Bonnie and Clyde, if you study that era of American history, there were a lot of white lawbreakers (Baby Face Nelson, Ma Barker, etc.) that were cheered on and helped, because of the depression. Folks were mad at the government during that time, so that’s one reason for the support of those criminals./COLOR]
LOL....Baby Face Nelson is buried a few rows over from my great-grandparents. I was in Chicago in June and I stopped by the cemetery to place flowers for my family. I remembered that Baby Face Nelson was supposedly nearby so I glanced at the various markers as I walked back to my car. Well I found him. As it happens, I had parked my car directly in front of his grave. LOL

If you're into gangsters, Baby Face Nelson is buried at Saint Joseph's Cemetery in River Grove, IL ("Chicago"). His name is actually Lester Gillis, which is what his grave marker reads. He's on the very south end of section C, pretty close the the roadway and near the triangular intersection.

True and Constant