GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Up & Coming National GLOs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Up & Coming National GLOs This area is for discussion of issues affecting GLOs which are larger than a local, yet are still growing into a national GLO.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,187
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,489
1 members and 1,488 guests
KEGirl01

Old 12-29-2006, 12:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Going NPC?

I tried doing a search, so I apologize if someone has started a thread about this.

How would a non-NPC sorority go about joining NPC? Does NPC have to have the "opening" available? Do they have to have a certain number of chapters? Do the chapters have to be in different states?

Can the non-NPC sororities HQ's have to approach NPC about joining or does NPC have to approach them?

Thanks

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 12-29-2006, 12:34 PM
GreekChat Member

There's a min. number of chapters, and the youngest chapter has to be at least X amount of years old. (I know this question has been answered several times, but I can't remember the answer.) I don't think NPC has a limit to the amount of groups they will include, and a group could approach NPC for membership.

HOWEVER - going into NPC with only the min. requirement would be STUPID.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I believe that for a sorority to petition full NPC membership, they have to have at least 15 chapters with the youngest chapter being at least 2 years old. However, joining the NPC with only 15 chapters would not be very wise.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
per the "green" book ...

Requirements for Membership

A Women's fraternity must have been established in its national character for a minimum of 13 years; all of its collegiate chapters must be established in senior colleges and universities authorized to confer bachelor degrees and recognized by the appropriate regional association of colleges and universities; and it must have at least 14 chapters, of which the latest established is at least two years old.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

The basic NPC membership requirements:

NPC Associate Membership -- The sorority must have 12 collegiate chapters and an established national character for 9 years. National character is like a National Council/Board that oversees the chapters.

NPC Active Membership -- The sorority must be NPC associate member for 4 years, with an established national character for 13 years; and have a minimum of 14 collegiate chapters, with the 14th chapter being at least 2 years old.

Some previous threads on joining NPC:

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=78789
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...t=69836&page=2
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=26038

Phi Sigma Rho considered the option of NPC associate membership several years ago, but decided not to apply due to NPC views on extension. I believe my sorority is looking into starting another women's conference with a more similar view on extension like the NIC.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

how exactly do you become a part of NIC? i did not see any requirements listed on their site.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyedButrfly View Post
how exactly do you become a part of NIC? i did not see any requirements listed on their site.
The NIC is for [I]men's[I] fraternities.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:02 PM
GreekChat Member

LOL thanks for clearing that up for me. I was SO confused when I was clicking through their list (which says sororities/fraternities) and each link brought me to a fraternity page, LOL.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BootyKBG
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiRhoSister View Post

Phi Sigma Rho considered the option of NPC associate membership several years ago, but decided not to apply due to NPC views on extension. I believe my sorority is looking into starting another women's conference with a more similar view on extension like the NIC.

Has this gone anywhere? We recieved an e-mail last summer I believe asking about interest in this, but were reorganizing at the time. I haven't been able to get a response since then from the person that contacted us.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Megahurtz
Would love to hear more on this....

My name is Alysia Rourke and I am the CEO of Kappa Delta Phi National Affiliated Sorority (www.kappadeltaphinas.org) We are a non-panhellenic national sorority and I have been researching other organizations such as ours in hopes of forming an umbrella group which is geared toward smaller national organizations who do not fit the criteria or wish to join NPC.

If anyone could either provide me with contact information for your national board of directors or pass along my contact information to them, I would appreciate it. I can be reached at alysia@kappadeltaphinas.org.

Thank you for your assistance,

Alysia
Old 05-08-2007, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax
There are at least two organizations geared towards Latino oriented groups and one (possibly two) geared toward multicultural organizations.

One of the Latino orgs is NALFO. I think the MC org is NMCGC (National Multicultural Greek Council)?

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTrax View Post
There are at least two organizations geared towards Latino oriented groups and one (possibly two) geared toward multicultural organizations.

One of the Latino orgs is NALFO. I think the MC org is NMCGC (National Multicultural Greek Council)?
Unfortunately, my organization falls under neither description.....as we are not culturally bases. Kappa Delta Phi NAS is based on philanthropic ideals. I am aware of both NALFO & NMCGC though our contacts within AFA (Association of Fraternal Advisors) as well as our association with Kappa Delta Phi National Fraternity and their membership to NIC.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Megahurtz, BootyKBG,
Sent you a PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-AlphaXi View Post
per the "green" book ...

Requirements for Membership

A Women's fraternity must have been established in its national character for a minimum of 13 years; all of its collegiate chapters must be established in senior colleges and universities authorized to confer bachelor degrees and recognized by the appropriate regional association of colleges and universities; and it must have at least 14 chapters, of which the latest established is at least two years old.
Question for the green book experts...Let's say you have 14 chapters that are over 2 years old, and one that is brand new. Do you meet the requirements?
Old 05-09-2007, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
Question for the green book experts...Let's say you have 14 chapters that are over 2 years old, and one that is brand new. Do you meet the requirements?
Question would stand as to how long the organization has had a national board of directors (or equivalent)......