GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,392
0 members and 1,392 guests
No Members online

Old 03-15-2006, 02:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JonInKC
What video games are you playing?

In this here thread we talk about video games we've been playing lately.

The most recent games for me are (all PS2 except Ys)

The Warriors
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Final Fantasy X-2
Smackdown vs. Raw 2006
Def Jam: Fight for NY
Ys Book 1 (downloaded onto my phone)

p a w e a since 1899
Old 03-15-2006, 11:48 AM
GreekChat Member

I have a bunch of games that I have yet to play at home. I'm one of those people who run out and buy the new game systems and buy games for them just to let them sit. I am looking forward to PS3 though.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:59 AM
GreekChat Member

The most recent game I've played was Zelda: Majora's Mask, and before that it was Ocarina of time, and before that the Super Nintendo version and before that the regular nintendo version. In fact, my best friend told me that when Nintendo makes a new system, he'll mail me his gamecube so I don't have to buy one for the sole purpose of playing Wind Waker. (I have a Zelda thing, if you can't tell - I haven't found any other games I much care for)
Old 03-15-2006, 12:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
I'm going old school!

Yesterday I brought out the old NES and played a little Mario 3!!!

Last weekend my boyfriend bought thins controller and it stores 76,000 games! (although the games actually repeat themselves so it's really more like 30). We've been playing Mario 1 and Tetris.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Pi Phi

Last weekend my boyfriend bought thins controller and it stores 76,000 games! (although the games actually repeat themselves so it's really more like 30). We've been playing Mario 1 and Tetris.
I had one of those once - it was pretty cool. (It's not Zelda though )
Old 03-15-2006, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I pulled out the sega genesis recently and have been playing some classics like Joe Montana football and games like that.

Lately I have been playing the newest Tiger Woods golf game and ESPN football 05. I'm not sold on the new MLB game so I think I will reorder the rosters on last years MVP game and do another season on there.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
I'm hooked on the Golden Tee Golf machines that you see everywhere now. Lots of fun -- plus, I score better than in real golf!
Old 03-23-2006, 11:24 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to nonchalant
If this thread is successful, this will be one of my favorites. I love video games. The last game I played and beat was Final Fantasy X-2. The one before that was Final Fantasy X. I love the FF series. The next game I plan on playing will be Max Payne. I started it awhile ago and never continued it. I have most systems that have come out. I don't have the new X-Box 360. My favorite genres are fighting, RPGs, puzzle, action/adventure, and horror. I pretty much play everything except sports. I'm so excited!
Old 03-23-2006, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm a World of Warcraft addict.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

My husband used to manage a Gamestop. So he is "on the pulse" of the video game industry - even now that he is long out of it. We are currently playing on the xbox 360 - I am addicted to Bejeweled and he plays all kinds of things - Tiger Woods, Ghost Recon, and something that he just got this week where he kills trolls. And we also do a little online poker.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by NutBrnHair
I'm hooked on the Golden Tee Golf machines that you see everywhere now. Lots of fun -- plus, I score better than in real golf!
We play that all the time when we go to the bar.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JonInKC
Quote:
Originally posted by nonchalant
If this thread is successful, this will be one of my favorites. I love video games. The last game I played and beat was Final Fantasy X-2. The one before that was Final Fantasy X. I love the FF series. The next game I plan on playing will be Max Payne. I started it awhile ago and never continued it. I have most systems that have come out. I don't have the new X-Box 360. My favorite genres are fighting, RPGs, puzzle, action/adventure, and horror. I pretty much play everything except sports. I'm so excited!
Yeah, not too long ago I got back into FFX-2...I'm at this part where you go underground, fight Shiva, then these three bug looking people but they are kicking my ass. It's not quite as good as FFX. I still think FF7 is the best.

I think I'm going to have to buy Guitar Hero and especially Beat Mania since it's out now (you might have seen it in the arcade, it had some buttons like piano keys and a turntable.

p a w e a since 1899
Old 03-23-2006, 06:58 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to nonchalant
Quote:
Originally posted by JonInKC
Yeah, not too long ago I got back into FFX-2...I'm at this part where you go underground, fight Shiva, then these three bug looking people but they are kicking my ass. It's not quite as good as FFX. I still think FF7 is the best.

I think I'm going to have to buy Guitar Hero and especially Beat Mania since it's out now (you might have seen it in the arcade, it had some buttons like piano keys and a turntable.
Yes, I think FFVII is the best too. Has the best story line and various different ways to go through the game depending upon answers to questions and choices made. The 3 sisters are the bug ladies you are fighting. They were aeons in FFX. It took me awhile to beat them too. Once I found out how to beat them, I was made because it was real easy. You just have to know how to accessorize.

I have the slightest clue what those other games are. They sound interesting though. Haven't been to an arcade in years.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

GTA: San Andreas
Winning Eleven 9...forget FIFA, Winning Eleven is where it's at
Old 03-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Banned

Over the past couple of weeks, i have really been into amped 3 -- there is nothing better than a good snowboarding game especially with a psychedelic twist. Good times -- anyone played?