GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,545
2 members and 1,543 guests
Cookiez17, Xidelt

Old 03-07-2006, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Excessive punishment for sex act?

What do you think? Is the punishment excessive?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Outrage After Teen Gets 10 Years for Oral Sex With Girl
Georgia Reconsiders Law That Imprisoned High School Senior

Feb. 7, 2006 — A wild New Year's Eve two years ago has landed a Georgia teen in prison for 10 years on charges of child molestation in a case that has state legislators reworking the strict law that put him behind bars.

Genarlow Wilson and a group of friends had the kind of bash no parent would want their teenager to attend. Crime scene investigators combing the room in a Days Inn in the small town of Douglasville, Ga., found evidence of drinking, as well as condoms and wrappers littered all over. Plus, there was a video camera.

Read The Rest Here
Old 03-07-2006, 06:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OhioCentaur Send a message via Yahoo to OhioCentaur
Extremely excessive...
Old 03-07-2006, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to smlwonderdst Send a message via Yahoo to smlwonderdst
WOW ... extremely excessive. In my opinion there was no crime committed. They all need their tails kicked for that party, but the parents could have easily done that.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

The "victim" must've been white.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:30 PM
MsSweetness

Quote:
Originally posted by SKEEphistAKAte
The "victim" must've been white.
yep
Old 03-07-2006, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Why did I know the victim was white? Excessive is an understatement. So I guess the so-called 'victim' doesn't bear any responsibility in this? If you don't use your head and put yourself in the wrong type of situations it doesn't make sense for you to be hollering foul or rather rape.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

"Racism is still alive... they just be (doing a POOR job at) concealing it..." ~ Kanye

AKA
Old 03-07-2006, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Toujours_Jolie
This is deja vu. Someone needs to teach young black men that getting sexually involved with white women/girls can be dangerous.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:04 PM
GreekChat Member

That is a crying out shame. I hope he gets aquitted, but in the mean time I hope parents use that case as an example. Especially to teach our young brothers what could easily happen when you deal with ( ) the victim
Old 03-07-2006, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Please forgive me for crashing, and also for not being completely able to put myself in your (collective) shoes.

IMHO, with the current age of children having sex at an average of 12 years old, the age of consent has to be changed. The video clearly seems to show that there's no lack of consent, just that the law - as it stands - was broken.

This young man has everything going for him - except that he had sex with a girl (of whatever color) who was underage. This is also a travesty.

Instead of letting Genarlow Wilson get an education and get into the work force, he will be getting a criminal education, so that he can end up in jail or on probation for the rest of his life. This is using the law for the worst of excuses if ever I've seen it.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:04 AM
GreekChat Member

I am absolutely certain that something exactly like this happened about 2(?) years ago in Georgia(?).

Young 18 male athelete had consensual sex with a white 16 year old. He had college prospects and all. I believe that guy got like 10 years.

No one cares it is sex with two blacks or even if the male was white. This racism is so blatant, you can smell it.

AWFUL
Old 03-08-2006, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Teena, i do believe you are right. I remember that case now, also in Georgia the same circumstances. I was upset than and even more mad now that it has happen again.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by teena
I am absolutely certain that something exactly like this happened about 2(?) years ago in Georgia(?).

Young 18 male athelete had consensual sex with a white 16 year old. He had college prospects and all. I believe that guy got like 10 years.

No one cares it is sex with two blacks or even if the male was white. This racism is so blatant, you can smell it.

AWFUL
This may or may not be racism, I don't know. Do we know that the 15 year old in this case was indeed white or are we speculating? I did not see that anywhere. Oh...just saw that MsSweetness said she was white. Was that information in the article?

Anyway, the legistator that sponsored this bill orginally is a black man, so I don't think the genesis of the law was racist.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Eclipse
This may or may not be racism, I don't know. Do we know that the 15 year old in this case was indeed white or are we speculating? I did not see that anywhere. Oh...just saw that MsSweetness said she was white. Was that information in the article?

Anyway, the legistator that sponsored this bill orginally is a black man, so I don't think the genesis of the law was racist.
I dont know if the 15 year old is white.

The genesis may not have been racist, but the interpretation of the law can go anyway the interpretor wants it to go.

Last edited by teena; 03-12-2006 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by teena

I may be thinking about another case, but I think after a petition drive that young man was pardoned.

ETA: I see that his charge was reduced to statuatory rape upon appeal, and his sentenced reduced to the time already served--15 months.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!

Last edited by ladygreek; 03-08-2006 at 06:00 PM.