GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,190
0 members and 1,190 guests
No Members online

Old 06-13-2001, 02:24 PM
Unregistered-

Smile

LOL, I picked up People Mag too!

I feel sorry for Jenna and Barbara, because it's open season on the Bushes and the twins are prime targets. Shame on the guy at Chuy's for CALLING 911!

I got busted at 18 for trying to use a fake ID at a club, but the worst that happened was just being asked to leave and suffering embarassment.

Still...I wonder what went on at Camp David....?
Old 06-13-2001, 03:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sue_XO Send a message via Yahoo to Sue_XO
Smile

I know what you mean... another interesting fact - I found this on a XO website...

"Chi Omega has a long history with the University of Evansville, dating back even before UE! The Chi Epsilon Chapter of Chi Omega began on March 4, 1854 at Moores Hill College. It was at that time a local group called the Sigournean Literary Society. In 1871, the society became the Gamma chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority. However, the college passed an anti-fraternity and sorority act banning all groups on the Moores Hill campus so the Gamma chapter dropped out. The members continued as the Sigournean Literary Society and through the years picked up the nickname of "Sigs." Moores Hill College closed and re-opened in 1919 as Evansville College. The Sigs followed and in 1929 became known as Gamma Epsilon Sigma sorority. Finally, on September 8, 1951 the "Sigs" became Chi Epsilon chapter of Chi Omega fraternity. In January of 1967, Evansville College became the University of Evansville.

I guess at this school- we all started out together!! Sue
Old 06-14-2001, 12:11 AM

Cool Laura Bush

Hi- I just read people magazine and learned that not only is Laura Bush (who I truly admire)but also her daughter --are Kappa Alpha Theta's!!! Is that true? - If so- how awesome! I think Laura Bush is total class and I don't care about the troubles the twins have gone thru- they seem beautiful, down to earth and well loved by all. That is what counts! Good luck to you all!
Sue
Old 06-22-2001, 03:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Our Chapter has posted all the fabulous clippings on the Bush Family's affliations with Theta. Lynn Cheney is also a Theta, along with 3 other top government wives!We are mentioned as the 'elite' sorority, and I just love it! I just wish the press could just lay off the Bush girls and let them be normal college girls.
Old 06-22-2001, 01:24 PM

Me too!