GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Delta Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,289
3 members and 1,286 guests
Cookiez17, Zach

Old 04-20-2004, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry Fines

I love Tri Delt but I'm getting really fed up with all the fines! Do all the other chapters have fines like crazy as well??? Because we get fined for the stupidest things and not everyone has parents that pay for them...some people have to work to be in it, and when work makes you miss a Delta's Only...should we really be forced to pay $25????? I was just wondering if we were the only chapter that gets fine happy?[/
Old 04-20-2004, 02:34 AM
GreekChat Member

that sounds ALOT like a chapter problem.

i would say 80% of our girls work, and they have things worked out with standards...myself included.

talk to standards about your fustration, because they would be the only people who could help
Old 07-09-2004, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to piphimaggie
I'm obviously not a Delta, but my chapter had a problem with fines as well. Many years ago everything kind of blew up in our chapter because our treasurer had no choice but to report a recent alum with several outstanding fines to Nationals....and she was deactivated. I personally think it's an annoying necessity...there are chapter requirements for attendance for rush events and although everyone has lives outside the sorority (despite the formulaic stereotypes), it is a serious commitment...with serious ramifications if you fail to live up to it.
I found that as long as I submitted an excuse to the secretary soon after the missed event, I was spared the fine...just my two cents
Old 08-09-2004, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

As a member of Standards for my chapter, I know that for Gamma Nu notice of an absence from a mandatory event should be submitted 24 hours before the event...but our Standards board also offers to work with members with legitimate reasons or special circumstances to design a work-off (usually work for another upcoming event or for the officer whose event the fined member missed). For our chapter, only our three days of recruitment cannot be worked off...mostly because those dates are known months in advance. The exceptions are there, of course, for sickness, etc. but Standards tries to keep people from abusing the forgiveness for absences as well.

Talk to your Standards committee is the only thing I can suggest, maybe suggest to your advisors that a revision to your fines policy should be looked into.