GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,172
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,309
3 members and 1,306 guests
Xidelt

Old 12-04-2003, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Retreat

I am thinking about planning a retreat for my chapter. We have only had lock-ins at members' houses but this time I want to look into going away for a night or two to do it. I would want it to incorporate team building, leadership training and/or officer transitioning. Places with an outdoor activity course would be a plus! My chapter is in Brooklyn and has approx. 20 actives so if anyone knows places for something like this in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut or Pennsylvania it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-05-2003, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

im far off

i am from oklahoma and what we do is take a float trip down a local river. its a blast everyone has a blast and then after all the fun we get down to business and have our goal setting retreat. it keeps us going strong and has become a tradition that has been passed down for like 30 years or so.
Old 12-05-2003, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Retreat

Quote:
Originally posted by AEPhiSierra
I am thinking about planning a retreat for my chapter. We have only had lock-ins at members' houses but this time I want to look into going away for a night or two to do it. I would want it to incorporate team building, leadership training and/or officer transitioning. Places with an outdoor activity course would be a plus! My chapter is in Brooklyn and has approx. 20 actives so if anyone knows places for something like this in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut or Pennsylvania it would be greatly appreciated.
what about a ski trip/retreat? in the Poconos or someplace in northwest jersey in the mountains? We did that one semester, it was fun. It was voluntary, so people didnt complain about the cost.
Old 12-07-2003, 03:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
I wish my chapter was big enough to do something that we could get group rates for...it makes it hard when most of us don't have money and we can't get group rates because we are small

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 12-07-2003, 04:23 AM
Super Moderator

Re: im far off

Quote:
Originally posted by mattpike
i am from oklahoma and what we do is take a float trip down a local river. its a blast everyone has a blast and then after all the fun we get down to business and have our goal setting retreat. it keeps us going strong and has become a tradition that has been passed down for like 30 years or so.
Do y'all float the Illinois?
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 12-07-2003, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
My Alpha Phi Omega chapter would go to a Boy Scout Camp that's near IU. We'd do a service project (clean up the camp or something like that), then do our chapter planning, review and goal setting things, then do all sorts of fun camp stuff. It was nice to get away from campus and have flashbacks to younger days, and it didn't cost big bucks like a hotel would.

If there is a scout camp near NYC you might want to look into it.