GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,145
Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, lopezsae
» Online Users: 1,536
1 members and 1,535 guests
KatieKate1244

Old 08-30-2003, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Proactiv??? Help!

Hey! I was in the mall recently and found a stand selling Proactiv. I've seen the info commercials, but the lady really impressed.

Has anybody tried it? Was it good or bad? I'm sick of acne flareups!!!! So any help would be great!
Old 08-30-2003, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Expensive but it does work. There are also sellers on Ebay who sell ProActiv just be careful of expiration dates.
Old 08-30-2003, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Gina1201
Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
Expensive but it does work. There are also sellers on Ebay who sell ProActiv just be careful of expiration dates.
I agree with what CT4 said. I use Proactiv and it has REALLY helped. I bought my set off of eBay with no problems. Please make sure that you do check the expiration dates, or ask if the seller does not include it in the auction.

Cause even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an 'S' on my chest
Oh yes, I'm a SUPERWOMAN
Old 08-30-2003, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I started using Proactive 2 years ago b/c of some annoying adult onset acne. It was awesome...but you have to keep using it...fortunately, I can get away with only using it once a day, whereas they suggest using it twice a day (I did that in the beginning).

My story isn't that impressive, but I have 16 year old brother who used to be on prescriptions for his acne, it was so bad...a year ago, I gave him some of mine and it has really worked miracles on his poor adolescent face...now he only gets pimples if he slacks off & forgets to use it for a few days....

Anyway-I guess you could say I highly recommend it. He found a web-site that sells it a little cheaper than eBay and the actual Proactiv site, but the bottles are all in Russian...still works the same though.

On a related note - don't the have a shampoo? Has anyone tried it?
Old 08-30-2003, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

You saved his life.
Old 08-30-2003, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

aw man in 8th grade i wish i had a big sister
Old 08-30-2003, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

yay, i have 4,000 posts.

yay.
Old 08-31-2003, 12:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
It works extremely well. My only problem is that shipments take so long to reach Canada that I often run out before my next shipment arrives. It gives my skin a chance to break out all over again!
Old 08-31-2003, 12:54 AM
GreekChat Member

I ordered proactive and it worked well. Due to costs and the fact I always run out and forget to order I now go to the grocery store and buy acne wash there. I think it is all benzyl peroxide just different percentages. I now use Oxy Acne wash which is 10% B.P., I think Pro Active is 2.5% B.P.
Old 08-31-2003, 01:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Question...

Has anyone tried Proactiv to treat hormonal adult acne?
Old 08-31-2003, 01:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Well-I never sought a diagnosis, but I assume it was hormonal...I never had a problem with acne until I was about 30.... and it worked for me.
Old 08-31-2003, 03:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
Quote:
Originally posted by Honeykiss1974
Question...

Has anyone tried Proactiv to treat hormonal adult acne?
Yes, and it worked beautifully for me - but like I said in another post, if you have to go off it, it comes back.
Old 08-31-2003, 04:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks

Thanks for all of your help!!! I think I'm going to get some. Yay for whatever helps get rid of acne!
Old 08-31-2003, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Proactiv!!

I have Adult-Onset Acne. Once I turned 29, my skin went ballistic! I've been using it for about 4 months and I kick myself every time I think about how long it took me to buy this stuff! I was desperate after getting no lasting results with prescription meds and after Doxycycline kept making me sick. My skin basically laughed at anything over-the-counter!

Proactiv made me able to show my face and be happy again! I rarely wear face powder or foundation anymore. I still get minor monthly breakouts but instead of the blemishes never going away, they are gone in a couple of days. I get the automatic ship, and if you register on their website after you receive your 1st couple of shipments, you can adjust the frequency and contents of what comes in your kit, plus order other products that are only available to Proactiv members at a discount.

Instead of getting a new kit every 8 weeks, I now get one every 10 weeks. It is a little costly, but it's definitely worth it! Give it a try!
Old 09-01-2003, 03:58 AM
GreekChat Member

I found a knockoff brand of Proactiv at Walgreens called "Kleer Action" and it works great! It's only $20 for the set. Plus, you don't have to wait for shipping. Just go to walgreens and buy another set. I noticed that Wal-Mart had a similar product, too.

I've been using it for about 3 weeks and it works well. When I stopped, things flared up again. Hurts like hell for a few minutes, but its overall pretty easy.

Just a caveat: IT WILL BLEACH THINGS. I put the lotion on, and apparently didn't wipe my hands well enough because now we have hand towels with yellowed bleached-looking spots on them.