GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Alpha Epsilon
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,189
2 members and 1,187 guests
John, Xidelt

Old 06-23-2003, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

SAE's at LSU

The newspaper ran a story a few days ago that kind of deals with all this. The article has a picture of the boarded up, former SAE house, but incorrectly identifies it as the Delta Chi house. The real DX house is next to Kappa Alpha Theta and is also abandoned. The article says that Pi Kappa Alpha wants to buy the former DX house, and that the Sigma Alpha agriculture sorority wants to move into the old Pike house. Given that the picture was incorrectly captioned, the writer probably carried his error over to the story, and the house the Pikes want to purchase is the former SAE house. The SAE house is one of the best on Frat row, and even the current Pike house is in a much better location than the actual DX house.

That said, new occupants in the former SAE house will knock off any chance of their returning to campus for some time. The DX house is in the middle of sorority row, and suposedly LSU is lobbying hard for Alpha Chi Omega to colonize there instead. There is empty land behind KA and a great spot next to TKE where the ATO house once was, but its doubtful the SAE's will shell out the money to build. The LSU incident with Wynne was a national sensation, and both the school and fraternity are probably happy to have just parted ways for good
Old 06-23-2003, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

The article wasn't incorrect. The former SAE house is ALSO the former Delta Chi house. Of course, DX was only in there for less than a year before they got kicked out. My boyfriend preffed DX during recruitment last fall (but bid a different group) and was happy it had been the former SAE house, since his father is an SAE.

Last edited by Moxie; 06-23-2003 at 08:19 PM.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

thanks for the correction. Has your BF's dad heard anything about the SAE's trying to come back anytime soon?
Old 06-25-2003, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

not that i know of. i know he tried calling a couple of years back, but he got the distinct impression from whoever he talked to that it would be hopeless. at this point, though, it's been so long since the incident and with all of the bad things that have happened in the past, all the greeks at LSU are really trying to shape up. most of them did pretty well in the 2003 greek assessment, from what i understand.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:14 PM
GreekChat Member

To SAE's From LSU

I want to tell you not to lose hope. I am a Pike from Florida State, and we were kicked off for ten years. When we came back in 2000, we went right back to the top again within a year or so. You have that ability too. I read the post about SAE and LSU "parting ways for good." That would be tragic given the history of SAE there. The SAE's here got kicked off right after we came back, and now our alumni along with alumni from the other fraternities are working now to convince your National Office to come back to FSU as soon as possible.
I know what it feels like to lose your chapter, and to not know if there's any way back. Keep trying. There are always changes in administration, and alumni strength to count on. All my best wishes to you.