GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,172
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,494
4 members and 1,490 guests
chi-o_cat, UVASquirrel, willTic, Zach

Old 05-15-2003, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
Talking Straight, but not narrow...

My three little introduced me to that phrase, and I love it. It so describes me! Most of my male friends and some of my female are gay and/or bisexual and it does not bother me. I am all about gay rights and am willing to stand up for them at all times...

what are your feelings?

*****DO NOT BASH PEOPLE WHO MAY COMMENT TO THIS THREAD!!!!!! DONT BASH ME FOR MY OPINION OR SOMEONE ELSE FOR THEIRS, A NICE ANSWER IS ALL I WANT*****
Old 05-15-2003, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Funny you started this thread!

Ok, this may be off topic but....

today at work I was asked by one of my coworkers who is VERY open about her bisexualality if I liked girls, I mean "like girls" ....she wanted to know if I wanted to join her and her man in some "fun"..... She is a very pretty gal and her man is hot, but that is BESIDE the point. She had always thought I was into girls cause I have gay friends and I can be a lil wild at times....I was like "Whaaaaa?" ....I was a little floored....actually A LOT FLOORED! I do have gay friends, but they are not my friends because they are gay. They are cause I like them.

After I picked up my jaw off the floor....I was like "um, no thanks. I don't share (forced grin)" It didn't bother me or make me feel uncomfortable. Weird, eh? I wasn't insulted by it....I'm just glad it is my last week there

I am all for gay rights, even if I do not choose that path myself. I believe EVERYone should have rights, whether you are gay, straight, a killer, white, yellow, red, purple, midget, Tony the tiger, melty cheese...LMAO...blah. You get the point..
Old 05-15-2003, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Funny, I am Straight, but one of my best Friends who is a Brother and is on GC, is gay!

We talk LD almost every night about Badges and Fraternity!

So if he would ask me if I wanted to do what ever, I would say no and that would be it. Gays are like that if you did not know!

Now, Bio, that is a horse of a differnet shade!

Kinky is well, AAAAHHHH no way! WEEEEELL Maybe,? NAAAWWW!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 05-16-2003, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I had a binder sticker that said "Straight but not narrow" in HS. So, yeah...I totally agree with that sentiment, and I wish more people did.
Old 05-16-2003, 01:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaGamDiva Send a message via Yahoo to AlphaGamDiva
omg.....melty cheese has RIGHTS?!?! are you suuuuuuuuuurrrrrrre?

yeah, being a theatre bitch in hs and a theatre major for 3 yrs, it's kind of a given i have mucho gay friends. i love them for who they are, not for what they do, and i wish everyone was like that. life should be about acceptance and "loving thy neighbor" and not about judging ppl b/c you don't like/agree with what they participate in. i mean, i don't want someone shunning me, giving me dirty looks, denying me BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS b/c i may do/be something they think is wrong....everyone makes their own choices in life. deal with it. you never know who you can be keeping from being a complete blessing to your life by being close-minded.

i would like to add as well that i don't agree with homosexuality/bisexuality..........there's just some things i see as right and wrong......but i think that only emphasizes my point to be accepting of others and loving them for their personalities and for who they are, NOT WHAT THEY DO ON THEIR OWN TIME.

one of the main reasons i have been testy/emotional this week (if you have seen my venting posts or chatted with me) is b/c i'm having to deal with the recent knowledge of my best friend's coming out. it's more complicated than him just being gay and having a boyfriend, and i won't get into it, but i have to be supportive of him just for the simple fact that i LOVE him and would do anything for him. i am one of two ppl who know in our hometown, and i am glad that he felt comfortable trusting me with this part of his life. it's just sad that when we hung out while he was here, he THANKED me for hangin out with him. the fact he thought it necessary to THANK ME was ridiculous.....i would never not be his friend b/c of his sexuality. it's none of my business in the first place, and i am the last person who needs to judge someone based on their bedroom activity.

-sigh- long story short.......and i've said this on here before.....judge not lest ye be judged........and GAY PPL ARE 100% FUN, anyway!

My Facebook
Old 05-16-2003, 01:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
i am a guy's best friend. girls are good for certain things, but i would prefer just a night out with my guy friends.

some of my guy friends have a feminine side to them. I have one that has worked at the gap for years and owns more pairs of jeans than i do. some people have commented on his sexuality but he is engaged to be married to a great girl in the fall. he is ADORABLE!

One of my ex's also came out of the closet recently. And many people think my last ex is still questioning his sexuality. I mean, if it is your thing, then go for it. It's just kinda interesting that I have had an ex, possibly two, turn out to be gay.

I do agree tho... they can be tons of fun. There is a local gay bar around here that many of my friends head out to once in a while as a big group and they are all straight. People are just more fun there and the music is groovy.

I have nothing wrong with it. Like i said, if it's your thing, it's your thing.