GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,549
1 members and 1,548 guests
Mooch279

Old 06-18-2001, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Post Greek alumni Everywhere!

How supportive are the alumni of each of your greek organizations? I am supportive of my fraternity and will always keep in contact with my brothers. I am not gun-ho about it like i used to though. I used to get mad when others talked trash now i just laugh. What a joke. Guess age matured me. The TKE alumn association in Atlanta is one of the biggest in the country for TKE at least. ALWAYS Love your GLO and you will reap the benifits throughout your life.

------------------
Tekes raise hell!
Old 06-18-2001, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

To answer to two theards, TKE is no longer on our campus at Pitt st u. They had a habit of pinning alot of Freshman and getting thier money and then booting them out. It is a shame as when I started the local at Pitt St. they helped as I new many of them and they were great guys! They had done so many silly things that thier Alum would not back them. One Being Gene Bicknell who is Pres of NPHC. He owns more Pizza Huts than Pepsico does. He lives in Pittsburg!
Not to really bad mouth TKE but I heard stories and it is a shame as there is a stong National there in place, but I do not know haw they work from their national!
All Greek Orgs have their problem chapters as we do and I do not condone some of the things they or we do. If they deserve to be booted so be it! that is mine or yours! We have lost 2 major NPC and one Local since I graduated in 1967. ADP and KD! Kd just this last year and I for one hate to see any Greeks off of campus by the school or National. I talked to the Greek Advisor for the school Fri. last and it was the KD National that pulled the Charter. I Hope they and ADP come back soon and fight to get back on even though it is a tuff Campi!

------------------
Tom Earp LX Z#1
Pittsburg State U. (Kansas)
Old 06-19-2001, 12:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Dear Frater, Nicholls State, Mu Zeta Chapter of TKE is getting stronger, but we still have bridges to build cause lots where burned in the early 90s, YITB Blaise Pezold MZ#894
Old 06-19-2001, 01:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to Sue_XO Send a message via Yahoo to Sue_XO
I feel we have a strong alumni base- we have reunions all the time - we are in constant contact- and donations are at a high.

What I want is a house! The Sigma Kappa's and Alpha Sigma Alpha's both have houses - no other one does (Terre Haute had the whole "red light district/brothel law in effect too) - So I really admire those two sororities for getting a house! I really hope my alum sisters start a campaign to get a house!!!
Old 06-19-2001, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm really active in my alum group...there arent any chapters in the state, and I don't get back to IL often enough to do anything w/ my old chapter. It's a great way to meet people from across the country.
Old 06-23-2001, 04:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Our Alums are VERY active in their Collegiate chapters. They help us buy our houses, and serve on House Corp to furnish our rooms and apartments. Our advisor is one of our Chapter founders. Our local alumni groups hosts the annual Senior Banquet and other social events. They award scholaship to our girls, along with other support. From my experience, I think our Alums are fabulous! I e-mailed an Alumni group to help me find housing in Sacramento, where my internship is, and within a day, I had a ton of offers to house me, for free!! I am staying with a fabulous alum all summer, she has welcomed me into her home, all on just being a Theta, talk about sisterhood!
Old 06-25-2001, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Please do not believe everything you hear. National KD did not "pull" any of her charters this year, in fact National KD doesn't do so. It is up to the chapter to vote and decide if they can sustain at the campus.

What I understand is that the school in question has lost not only KD, maybe the campus cannot sustain more NPC groups, it may be up to the limit with the amount of Greeks on campus currently.

KD has 482 alumnae associations that are very active with chapter assistaince. I have just gotten back from Convention and we learned just how much we depend on our alumnae. We have some of the most dedicated ladies I have ever seen, I was amazed and taken aback by our council and other national officers!

I sit as President on my chapter's House Corp and President of my area's alumnae association. KD feels very strongly about being a KD for life! We have 124 chapters who recive alumae support which comes in MANY forms, from money, foundation donations, or actual events sponsored by the alumnae.

My chapter is currently looking for housing, how exactly would that happen without alum? I do think it is strange that many active members do not realize what an asset it is to have active alumnae, they don't realize the role of alum in an organization.

I feel that no national organization could survive without alum support and no alum should just walk away and never give back to an organization that gave so much to them.