Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,563
2 members and 1,561 guests
Cookiez17, John

Old 10-30-2008, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

need advice about lost pin/badge

Hello Sisters,

I've looked everywhere for my pin ( we never called it a badge). Last time I saw it was at my parents house in my old jewelry box. I am very proud of being a member of the Zeta Chapter at the University of Tennessee Knoxville and even had the chapter guard in pearls so it would stand out more when I wore it. My pin was pearl and sapphires and I would really like to replace it. Of course, it is now referred to as " vintage" kind of like me

My question is should I contact HQ about badges that are turned in, or look on ebay? I'm hesitant about buying off ebay, maybe I shouldn't be. I emailed the seller who said she was a Zeta in her ad. but she did not reply. If I can't find mine, I would like to buy a similar badge.
Thanks for any input.

ZLAM,

Anne
Old 10-30-2008, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I've been doing some research after this post and I've seen quite a few badges for sale on several different sites. The badge shown on the I/O site is just like mine! People describe their badges for sale as being
" Vintage" vs the new ones. Does anyone know if there really is a difference?
Old 10-31-2008, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

i think the "vintage" ones are better quality. there was a time about 10 years ago that greek badges in general were of lesser quality and did not hold up well-zta badges included.

when i was initiated i could not make up my mind what badge i wanted, so i chose the plain gold badge. my taste changed as i grew older and i preferred silver jewelry and i had had an epiphany(20 years later) about why a senior member of my chapter had a silver badge with turquiose stones( yes, i must be a bit slow!) i bid on a turquiose/silver badge on ebay and was dropped by the seller because it was my first participation on ebay. a zeta sister told me to call i.o. to see if they had any returned badges like the one i wanted-low and behold, they did. i bought my dream badge, and returned the plain, gold badge to i.o. now my daughter has decided that she wants a similar badge, so i am once again in the market for a turqoise/silver badge.

if you can buy the badge from i.o., it will be less money than you will spend buying it from a seller on ebay.

good luck-your badge sounds lovely!

Last edited by FSUZeta; 10-31-2008 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
i think the "vintage" ones are better quality. there was a time about 10 years ago that greek badges in general were of lesser quality and did not hold up well-zta badges included.

when i was initiated i could not make up my mind what badge i wanted, so i chose the plain gold badge. my taste changed as i grew older and i preferred silver jewelry and i had had an epiphany(20 years later) about why a senior member of my chapter had a silver badge with turquiose stones( yes, i must be a bit slow!) i bid on a turquiose/silver badge on ebay and was dropped by the seller because it was my first participation on ebay. a zeta sister told me to call i.o. to see if they had any returned badges like the one i wanted-low and behold, they did. i bought my dream badge, and returned the plain, gold badge to i.o. now my daughter has decided that she wants a similar badge, so i am once again in the market for a turqoise/silver badge.

if you can buy the badge from i.o., it will be less money than you will spend buying it from a seller on ebay.

good luck-your badge sounds lovely!
I'm a bit slow too - I only recently decided against getting my birthstone (emerald) and opting for turquoise instead. DUH! If you happen to find a source with more than one, let me know! ZLAM!
Old 11-07-2008, 06:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to radioZTA Send a message via Yahoo to radioZTA
Best bet is to give I/O a call every once in a while to see what has been returned.