GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,200
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,248
3 members and 1,245 guests
Cookiez17, PhoenixAttain

Old 01-05-2004, 01:34 AM

Send a message via AIM to Johnnybsigtau Send a message via Yahoo to Johnnybsigtau
Red face OU Lost!

i just want to vent my frustration with OU losing the national title! We had so many opportunities to win that game, LSU was very tired in the 4th quarter. Are their any OU fans in here, or god forbid Tiger fans??
Old 01-05-2004, 01:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry

I grew up in New Orleans went to Ole miss for two years and am now back in new orleans and hate LSu with a passion. White sucked tonight
Old 01-05-2004, 02:08 AM
GreekChat Member

I graduated from THE college of the true national champs -- the University of Southern California!
My beloved Trojans would have creamed LSU tonight! Just look at the stats: Matt Leinart had nearly triple the passing yards as Mauck and Colbert had double the receiving yards...

...sigh...I just bought a tee shirt on Ebay that says the BCS sucks!
Old 01-05-2004, 02:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to APhiRattlerGal Send a message via Yahoo to APhiRattlerGal
Quote:
Originally posted by GPhiBLtColonel
THE college of the true national champs -- the University of Southern California!

Amen sister!!!
Old 01-05-2004, 02:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to Johnnybsigtau Send a message via Yahoo to Johnnybsigtau
USC didn't deserve national title game

I'm sorry but I'm very happy with the BCS way of life. I mean yes it does have flaws, but for the most part it does a really good job of what it is supposed to do. USC didn't deserve to play for the national title this year, justice was def. done with LSU and OU playing in the national title game.
Old 01-05-2004, 02:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: USC didn't deserve national title game

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnnybsigtau
I'm sorry but I'm very happy with the BCS way of life. I mean yes it does have flaws, but for the most part it does a really good job of what it is supposed to do. USC didn't deserve to play for the national title this year, justice was def. done with LSU and OU playing in the national title game.
Think this thread should move to Chit Chat. Not much Greek Life in here. Perhaps one of the mods will move it there.

In any event, I'm not a huge BSC fan, but thought many of the coachs involved said it best: The system isn't perfect. This year, and extra game would have been better, but the following year, who knows?

As the OU coach said, "We all agreed to this before the season. Just tell us the rules and we will play by them."

There's the bottom line.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 01-05-2004, 02:48 AM

Ok, I hope this doesn't get moved to chit chat, b/c it seems like everyone of my post(s) end up getting moved over there. No one really post on that board, thats why it's better for this post to stay on greek life. A lot of greeks are OU fan's and LSU fan's alike so this post deserves to stay in greek life, b/c it deals with greek's perception on the national title football game. If I wanted to post this in chit chat I would've, but I wanted the greek's perception on this.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Quote:
Ok, I hope this doesn't get moved to chit chat, b/c it seems like everyone of my post(s) end up getting moved over there. No one really post on that board, thats why it's better for this post to stay on greek life. A lot of greeks are OU fan's and LSU fan's alike so this post deserves to stay in greek life, b/c it deals with greek's perception on the national title football game. If I wanted to post this in chit chat I would've, but I wanted the greek's perception on this.
People post on the CC boards all the time. Maybe even more than this forum.

Last edited by breathesgelatin; 01-05-2004 at 03:11 AM.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to queequek
Re: Re: USC didn't deserve national title game

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltAlum
Think this thread should move to Chit Chat. Not much Greek Life in here. Perhaps one of the mods will move it there.
Second.
You can argue that everything of course will be linked to Greek Life anyway. (i.e. lots of Greeks like handbag), so there is a guideline that Greek Life needs to be THE Greek Life (that is directly linked to fraternal living).
Old 01-05-2004, 04:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: having a sit sit while lusting after Olympic swimmers
lol, i saw a sooner fan in the crowed at the game wearing a red shirt that said "theta" on it - does that make this thread worthy of greek life

this totally belongs in chit chat/entertainment!

at any rate, i'm glad OU lost/LSU won and i really hope some changes are in store for the BCS
Old 01-05-2004, 05:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AOII*Azra-elle
Re: USC didn't deserve national title game

Quote:
USC didn't deserve to play for the national title this year, justice was def. done with LSU and OU playing in the national title game.
I'll admit the game was good and I'm glad LSU won, but they should have played USC! OU couldn't even win their conference title, they shouldn't have played for the national title!

BTW, I saw that girl in the theta shirt too! *l*
I know that she'll be there if ever I need her.
I know that our friendship is true.
Old 01-05-2004, 05:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: USC didn't deserve national title game

Quote:
Originally posted by AOII*Azra-elle
OU couldn't even win their conference title, they shouldn't have played for the national title!

I think this is BS, but I wanna say it before anyone else does, as to not give them the satisfaction:

But USC won their Conference Title Game, right?

Oops

I just didn't want USC because I like UCLA.
Old 01-05-2004, 06:11 AM
GreekChat Member

If ANYONE belonged in the game it was OU. To me the toss up was USC or LSU, and LSU had the strenghth of schedule...

And congrats again to the ONE TRUE national championship team, the LSU Tigers...

(P.S. This thread should be in Chit Chat)
Old 01-05-2004, 12:52 PM
cutiepatootie

Quote:
Originally posted by GPhiBLtColonel
I graduated from THE college of the true national champs -- the University of Southern California!
My beloved Trojans would have creamed LSU tonight! Just look at the stats: Matt Leinart had nearly triple the passing yards as Mauck and Colbert had double the receiving yards...

...sigh...I just bought a tee shirt on Ebay that says the BCS sucks!

USC are the true national champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and USC would of slaughtered LSU. This coming from a grad from the SEC.

THough it does my heart good that my ex husbands alma mater OU LOST BADLY! hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

laura
Old 01-05-2004, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mullet81
lol, i saw a sooner fan in the crowed at the game wearing a red shirt that said "theta" on it - does that make this thread worthy of greek life

this totally belongs in chit chat/entertainment!

at any rate, i'm glad OU lost/LSU won and i really hope some changes are in store for the BCS
I saw the Theta girl too!

GO SEC!