Welcome to our newest member, lopezsae
» Online Users: 1,511
2 members and 1,509 guests
Cookiez17, PrettyBoy

Old 11-28-2006, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Could I get some advice?

Hello all.

I am trying to learn more about the alumni initiation process. I have a specific sorority in mind. I feel that the philanthropy and ideals of this group are reflected in my life. I had a slightly personal connection in college. Although, I never rushed. I was stupid and listened to my boyfriend/ex-fiance who convinced me that I wanted nothing to do with sorority life.

I know there are a lot of people who seek alumni initiation. I don't know many who make it into their desired group, though.

Any encouragement or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you so very much.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

What is up with people crawling out of the woodwork to AI?
Old 11-28-2006, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I hope that your personal connection with the GLO is through a person still involved. If you've showed an interest to those you know & they haven't invited you to AI then I'd say you aren't a good candidate for AI.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Lisa_ View Post
I hope that your personal connection with the GLO is through a person still involved. If you've showed an interest to those you know & they haven't invited you to AI then I'd say you aren't a good candidate for AI.
My connection was that I went through and was offered a bid from a group. I turned it down because of my ex's opinion on sorority life. I just want to be a part of this group. I knew it from the moment I met them. I have only been out of school for two years. But, I have since met some women in my field that are in this group and they reinforced the opinion I have of them as a whole.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

In your first post you say that you never rushed. In your second you say that you were offered a bid. This makes me think that you are not a good candidate for AI. It actually makes me quite glad that locals don't do AI.

Last edited by PenguinTrax; 11-29-2006 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLPDaisy View Post
In your first post you say that you never rushed. In your second you say that you were offered a bid. This makes me think that you are not a good candidate for AI. It actually makes me quite glad that locals don't do AI.
I never rushed. I went to a party and met the girls. I then was offered a bid at the end of the party. I did not go through rush.

Thanks for being so helpful. Gheesh. Is everyone on here so nice?

Last edited by PenguinTrax; 11-29-2006 at 11:28 AM.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelily View Post
I never rushed. I went to a party and met the girls. I then was offered a bid at the end of the party. I did not go through rush.

Sorry, we're all just a little jaded and sensitive over the subject lately. I hope you dug around in this forum to figure out why, it's become no man's land of late.
Any hints on your almer mater?

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 11-28-2006, 11:41 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:

ALWAYS.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur532 View Post
Sorry, we're all just a little jaded and sensitive over the subject lately. I hope you dug around in this forum to figure out why, it's become no man's land of late.
Any hints on your almer mater?
I prefer to keep my alma mater a secret. I have been advised to remain fairly discreet.

I will say that nobility is an important aspect of the group I so admire.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I prefer to keep my alma mater a secret. I have been advised to remain fairly discreet.

I will say that nobility is an important aspect of the group I so admire.
So that narrows it down to Kappa or ZTA. Yup, you're being very discreet here.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
ALWAYS.
I just don't understand the anomosity I am getting on here. Some have warned me. But, all I am trying to do is get some advice on the process. I am not out to destroy greek life. I am just here to seek some help.

Please don't bring your anger into this thread.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
AI is a touchy subject. Very touchy.

You say you have some colleagues who are in this organization. My suggestion would be to talk to them about AI. Some organizations encourage it and do it regularly, some do it rarely to never, but women who are members will either know or be able to get the information that you need about your opportunities better than a bunch of strangers on the internet who may or may not be familiar with the AI process of this group.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I just don't understand the anomosity I am getting on here. Some have warned me. But, all I am trying to do is get some advice on the process. I am not out to destroy greek life. I am just here to seek some help.

Please don't bring your anger into this thread.
Did you not read and comprehend what I told you? Read the forum some more, look at the locked threads. Don't expect sunshine and roses here, I'm just saying. You seriously would be better off PMing a member of the org you're looking at.

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 11-29-2006, 01:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
My connection was that I went through and was offered a bid from a group. I turned it down because of my ex's opinion on sorority life. I just want to be a part of this group. I knew it from the moment I met them. I have only been out of school for two years. But, I have since met some women in my field that are in this group and they reinforced the opinion I have of them as a whole.
If those women wanted you to be part of their GLO they would have approached you about it-AI is not something that you should pursue just because you feel like you missed an opportunity in college.

Are you a respected member of your community? Have you donated lots of time or money to the GLO's philanthropy? No one is saying that you aren't a good person, but a lot of GLO's seek their AI's, not the other way around.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Hello all.

I am trying to learn more about the alumni initiation process. I have a specific sorority in mind. I feel that the philanthropy and ideals of this group are reflected in my life. I had a slightly personal connection in college. Although, I never rushed. I was stupid and listened to my boyfriend/ex-fiance who convinced me that I wanted nothing to do with sorority life.

I know there are a lot of people who seek alumni initiation. I don't know many who make it into their desired group, though.

Any encouragement or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you so very much.

Welcome. Have you read the thread titled "NPC Alumnae Intiation - Read This First"?

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/an...ment.php?f=208

I'm curious, you mentioned that some people warned you about this forum. Is this to say that you've already been getting personal advice about AI from others? If so, I'm not sure why you're posting here asking for advice. What kind of "advice" were you hoping to receive?

If you wanted to ask something that you can't seem to find the answer for (that wasn't already covered by the thread linked above or by the other threads posted here), by all means, ask away. I just find it hard to help since your posts seem a little bit ambiguous.

.....Kelly

True and Constant