GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,145
Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, lopezsae
» Online Users: 1,380
1 members and 1,379 guests
velesymaarley58

Old 01-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

i agree with ztangel

it appears that this post was started to just get something started! it also appears that cashmoney may have been spurred on by a recent viewing of "barbershop" and is loosely quoting eddie when referring to rosa parks, jesse jackson and mlk. the only difference is it was funny in the movie!
Old 01-17-2005, 05:29 PM
Banned

Man, its late in the day and I'm ready go. I've been fired up all day long. I still have to go home and grill out for my roomates and I tonight. I ate publix sushi for lunch and I'm still hungry. I'm sorry if I sounded insensitive to any of you.

Last edited by cashmoney; 01-17-2005 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cashmoney
I'm so hungry I could eat 10 pink tacos at time while being sober. o
that in itself is pretty insensitive, but whatever....i'll let it slide.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

it's okay,

he's just trying to stir the pot.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:43 PM
Banned

FSUZeta-

I'm just pissed because I've had to deal with this all day. One client of mine, in particular, has a commercial account with me. Well, he couldn't come down here to pay his premium because all his employees (who are all black) left their job to go to the parade at 10am and never returned. Well, that ment he couldnt get down here and pay the 10,000$ he owes for his insurance. So, inorder for me not to lose him as a client, I have to take the heat from the insurance company as to why he's going to be late on his payment. It makes me look bad as if I got some rag tag shit going on. And its all because of the holiday. Stuff like this has been going on all day.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

poor, poor you!!
Old 01-17-2005, 05:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by IrishPhiSig
poor, poor you!!

I know, right.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

i feel for ya

insurance companies are bears when the think their payments are late!
Old 01-17-2005, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Things that piss you off about MLK day

Quote:
If I was colored I'd be furious. What are some of your thoughts?
i THOUGHT that EVERYONE knew that this term is offensive!!!!!!! are you serious????

I Stay Woke!!
Old 01-17-2005, 07:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sugar and spice
You're generalizing.

The MLK Blvd. in Madison runs from the capitol building to the Frank Lloyd Wright-designed lakeside convention center. In between, it has a number of high-rent office buildings, a few city government buildings, and definitely no crackheads.

I can't imagine we're the ONLY city in the nation with a road named after King that isn't in "the hood."
We have one in that other big city in Wisconsin that a lot of money has been spent on revitalizing...and to think, they call us segregated.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhirlwindTNX
Quote:
Originally posted by preciousjeni
"Things that piss me off about MLK day" are:

(For those who have the day off)
1) More people don't use the time to give back to the community.
2) More people don't use the time to learn about MLK, Jr. and other great leaders.

What she said....
Old 01-17-2005, 07:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Pittsburgh Public schools always got Yom Kippur and Rosh Hashanna (sp?) off. We also got MLK day off. Oddly enough, we always got the first day of deer hunting season off which is ridiculous.

At Otterbein, we always get Columbus day off...don't know why, might be the whole living in columbus thing ,but I think it's a pretty stupid holiday to have off.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by IrishPhiSig
poor, poor you!!
For someone relatively new to GC you're coming off a bit punchy. Take a look at some of cashmoney's posts in the past (no offense, cash) but he can be a bit controversial to put it lightly. Take a deep breath, and maybe don't be so quick to respond to some of the posts. Just an idea.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Things that piss you off about MLK day

Quote:
Let me start out by saying I'm not in bad mood or anything and I'm not racist, so dont take this the wrong way.

I dont understand why banks are closed, the post office is closed, schools are closed and many insurance companies are closed today for MLK day. I don't think its right that everything shuts down for this guy when we get nothing for George Washington's birthday or Lincoln's birthday and FDR's birthday. We don't even get anything for Kennedy's birthday. What has this guy actually done that gives him the honor of having half the nation close down for him? Yes, what he stood and fought for was a noble cause....but Abe Lincoln, who abolished slavery, doesnt even get a day of his own. Lincoln was killed just like MLK. I just think MLK day puts the good Dr. King above many great leaders who did a lot more for this country than MLK did. If its all about civil rights leadership and those who pioneered it, why not give Malcom X, Dr. King and Medgar Evans a day for all three and not just MLK day? When you go to an all black neighborhood you dont find a Malcom Blvd or Evans drive, but you always see a road called MLK. If I was colored I'd be furious. What are some of your thoughts?

There's no need to comment on your comments. However, who is Medgar Evans? I don't recall hearing of his contributions to the Civil Rights Movement. What did he do? Just curious.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RUgreek
Oh I remember him, from the movie Ghosts of the Past. I remember when Byron De La Beckwith finally died in prison, fucking freak should of hanged years ago...

Here's a weird and most likely insensitive question to pose. I know the term colored is offensive, but back in elementary school we learned that the color black is the absent of color, so why didn't call them non-colored. It's a really stupid and pointless question, but this post made me think of stupid things...