GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,392
0 members and 1,392 guests
No Members online

Old 05-21-2003, 08:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to steelepike Send a message via Yahoo to steelepike
Quote:
Originally posted by kddani
Putting someone in danger of life and limb certainly is hazing, as you state with your story about jumping off a 3rd story with a mattress. I think that's even a pretty extreme example.

But bragging about being hazed really isn't the best idea here. Chances are that there's someone from Pike HQ on GC and i'm sure they would not be thrilled with what you're saying. There are forms of hazing that aren't quite jumping off a building with a mattress

I'm not sure when you graduated, but if it's 10 years ago, a lot has changed since then.

Bottom line, regardless of what YOU consider hazing, Sigma Chi Omega violated the University's rules on hazing and have pretty much embarassed greeks everywhere who care about the reputation of greek life as a whole.

Would you not consider the hazing incident in Ill. to be hazing then? Just a question.

Allow me to clarify NO i am not bragging about being hazed as i stated i was NEVER hazed. AND the example i put down happened ten years ago and yes actions were taken to change the traditions of my chapter. The house got cleaned out and reduced from a strong 100 man house to 13 by nationals pulling pins and such. Furthermore i am trying to clear that up, i do think hazing on a whole such as beating people and forcing things to be eaten and such is wrong but letting a group of people know they are messing up isn't hazing, maybe pushups and all isn't the answer but if you let a person not take things seriously during pledgeship and skate by you won't want them nor do they deserve to be initiated thats when you let them know you are "blacking" them if you will. I hope that clarifies things. if not email me or something sorry if i was unclear once again

1. i am not bragging about being hazed
2. That happened ten years ago anyways
3. actually still in school