GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,172
Threads: 115,577
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,458
3 members and 1,455 guests
John, Xidelt

Old Today, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
Clearly, it is a ruse. He literally sent a fundraising email out within minutes of the “attempt.” Furthermore, the only shots that were fired were shot by the secret service. Can’t stop a con from trying to con.
I think so too. I don’t know how he was able to cover it up tho. Both of them. Definitely fake, without a doubt.
Old Today, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Well, that’s good news. How often does Googlebot do that? Often, or was it just something that was pretty recent?
Not really sure. I actually stumbled upon that info while doing some programming & analyzing logs looking into the cause of the site slowdown a few days ago.

My guess is that Googlebot is on GC often, but not sure if it always crawls so many pages in a single day.

I've been doing a lot of work on GC & think some of the changes were detected by Google, resulting in more Googlebots here to crawl GC pages.

Quote:
I feel so dumb.

I was thinking it was the new software you were telling us about and that it automatically went through a bunch of posts on a thread and archived most of them away like you did with this thread. Computers are not my friends, lol.
Lol, I wasn't describing regular computer use stuff. You're doing just fine even trying to understand most of what I posted about that.
Old Today, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
I think so too. I don’t know how he was able to cover it up tho. Both of them. Definitely fake, without a doubt.
He’s a former president. He can cover up anything.
Old Today, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
We met at a small town a little west of Lansing- Portland. We met at a park called Two Rivers park. We walked along a trail there and talked and chatted, then walked to an Italian restaurant along one of the rivers and had dinner on the patio over looking the river. Then went back to the park and talked and walked and talked and walked. We're trying to figure out when we can see each other again.

Today, I made him a card and wrote in it- a kind of throw back to our early days when we were long distance and had to write letters as our main communication. I'm going to mail it tomorrow.
So romantic! Walking and talking, and just spending quality time together, it just doesn’t get any better than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Lol, I wasn't describing regular computer use stuff. You're doing just fine even trying to understand most of what I posted about that.
lol
Well, I’m glad you think I’m doing better with it than I think I am.

It’s probably easier than I think. I think it’s the terminology that makes it complicated. Kinda like a foreign language? I’ll bet if I understood the language and how everything relates to the other, then I’d probably be like… “Ohhhhh, I get it now!” lol.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old Today, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
So romantic! Walking and talking, and just spending quality time together, it just doesn’t get any better than that.
Exactly. This weekend we're meeting in Birmingham for the Birmingham art fair.
Old Today, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Exactly. This weekend we're meeting in Birmingham for the Birmingham art fair.
Dee, that sounds like SO much fun! You two are making up for so much lost time. But now, I think the timing is right.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old Today, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

WIFLSRN: Looks like Cincinnati is gonna be 0-3 tonight, lol.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024