Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,602
1 members and 1,601 guests
Xidelt

Old 11-30-2013, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I'm not saying he's innocent either. "Not guilty" and "innocent" are not one in the same. Folks still talk as if they know he's for sure guilty. What we know is he, like many Americans owns and carries guns. We also know he's been accused of domestic violence. That's still kind of key, I don't believe he's committed any acts of domestic violence, but his ex-wife might have a pecuniary interest in accusing him and the ex-girlfriend could just be looking to cash in on her association with him to to talk to 60 Minutes about what kind of person George Zimmerman is. You just don't know.

Shooting Martin may have been a perfectly reasonable and even responsible thing to do under the circumstances. I'm not saying that it was or that it's even very likely, just that we don't really know one way or the other.
Nope. Nope. Nope. If he had kept his sorry ass at home or in his car and allowed the police to handle the situation, then he would not be threatened now. For argument's sake, let's say that Trayvon was looking to break in and steal stuff (wasn't that Zimmerman's concern?). It's just stuff. I own nothing that I believe is worth ANY other human's life, including a thief's. Do you own things that you'd be willing for someone else to die in order to protect the things?
Old 11-30-2013, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
Nope. Nope. Nope. If he had kept his sorry ass at home or in his car and allowed the police to handle the situation, then he would not be threatened now. For argument's sake, let's say that Trayvon was looking to break in and steal stuff (wasn't that Zimmerman's concern?). It's just stuff. I own nothing that I believe is worth ANY other human's life, including a thief's. Do you own things that you'd be willing for someone else to die in order to protect the things?
That's pretty much a condemnation of all neighborhood security personnel, neighborhood watchmen, etc.

You really don't know (nor do I) what happened between those two. Yes, Zimmerman was clearly pursuing him as I would hope any security person in a neighborhood to do. The next thing you had was 911 calls about two people fighting. Zimmerman had every right to follow Martin--and I would agree if you are going to suggest that this leads to a real issue with some of our gun laws in that Martin would have probably been well within his rights to shoot Zimmerman as it may not be unreasonable for him to have feared for his life at some point during the encounter.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 11-30-2013, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
That's pretty much a condemnation of all neighborhood security personnel, neighborhood watchmen, etc.

You really don't know (nor do I) what happened between those two. Yes, Zimmerman was clearly pursuing him as I would hope any security person in a neighborhood to do. The next thing you had was 911 calls about two people fighting. Zimmerman had every right to follow Martin--and I would agree if you are going to suggest that this leads to a real issue with some of our gun laws in that Martin would have probably been well within his rights to shoot Zimmerman as it may not be unreasonable for him to have feared for his life at some point during the encounter.
You didn't answer my question about things being worth a life.

Zimmerman was the neighborhood watch coordinator, not a paid neighborhood security guard. The function of a neighborhood watch is to watch and call the police.

You're right that I don't know what happened between them once Zimmerman got out of his car after following an unarmed teen, but It doesnt take a rocket scientist to know that if he had stayed in his car and let the police handle the situation, none of it would have happened.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
You didn't answer my question about things being worth a life.
We don't know whether Zimmerman got out of the car and thought to himself "I'm gonna shoot this son-b." Usually, say, 9999/10,000, that decision doesn't lead to someone being dead.

Quote:
Zimmerman was the neighborhood watch coordinator, not a paid neighborhood security guard. The function of a neighborhood watch is to watch and call the police.
He may have stepped outside the bounds (I'm thinking he probably did) of what the program suggests. Again, that's a call which almost all of the time doesn't result in someone being killed.

Quote:
You're right that I don't know what happened between them once Zimmerman got out of his car after following an unarmed teen, but It doesnt take a rocket scientist to know that if he had stayed in his car and let the police handle the situation, none of it would have happened.
But you keep casting this as Zimmerman choosing life vs. stuff and that's not what these sorts of encounters are all about. You are free to ask some young kid in your neighborhood what they are doing there. That doesn't mean you're valuing stuff vs. a life because it's not fair to assume that a life is even in jeopardy at that point.

--of course is Zimmerman publishes a "How I Got Away With It" memoir and states he was out to kill that evening, I'll stand corrected. Until then, no one knows.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:32 PM
Banned

Ooookay.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/gi...inst-zimmerman
Old 12-10-2013, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah... what's up with this happy couple we'll probably never know.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Remember, He had the right to have that many guns! 1-100 + is legal.

He was cleared of all charges in the Trayvon case.
While he acts stupid many times it is still his right to be stupid until he breaks a law to become a felon. He seems to get out of it some how like his "Girl" friend drops charges.
He is a friggen jerk off but he is clear of any wrong doing until proven guilty, am I right Kevin?

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 12-10-2013, 04:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Earp View Post
...he is clear of any wrong doing until proven guilty, am I right Kevin?
Water is wet.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:59 PM
GreekChat Member

This dude must have the magic stick for all these women to be so willing to forgive him.

Of course, there's also the possibility that these women are in fact victims of domestic violence and are in the FOG...
Old 12-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
This dude must have the magic stick for all these women to be so willing to forgive him.

Of course, there's also the possibility that these women are in fact victims of domestic violence and are in the FOG...
Or they could be angling for cash to appear on the Dr. Phil show discussing the cycle of violence. We can all speculate.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Water is wet.

True, but the Law is clear. Has he broken any Major Laws since other than being stupid/ignorant,dumb ass?

He is going to dig his own grave and I hope no one gets hurt.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 12-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Banned

"Water is wet" means that point has been made many times and some people think it goes without saying.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
"Water is wet" means that point has been made many times and some people think it goes without saying.

OOps, sory, not used to your lingo!

But I agree, I know what you mean! The guy is a douch and will always be that way, Zebra and Stipes, correct?

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 12-18-2013, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Or they could be angling for cash to appear on the Dr. Phil show discussing the cycle of violence. We can all speculate.
Well isn't Charles Manson getting married? Some people are just attracted to the notoriety of people like them.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA2001 View Post
Well isn't Charles Manson getting married? Some people are just attracted to the notoriety of people like them.
Maybe?

My only point here is that none of us has the first clue as to what the real story is, so to sit out the sidelines and state that Zimmerman has mental issues or something to that effect is not supported by any facts I've been made aware of. This could be about getting bucks from Maury Povich or whatever... we just don't know.