Members: 326,146
Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,493
3 members and 1,490 guests
Cookiez17, willTic

Old 07-26-2002, 07:59 PM
Banned

most of these ideas flat out suck, you must go to a crapy school because here you would get last place for crap like Grease
Old 07-26-2002, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

We won ours this last semester. Our theme was loosely centered around the 80's. It was a bunch of individual pieces bound together by a reproduction of 80's MTV... We did stuff like New Kids on the Block, Poison, etc.

It was actually some pretty complex stuff.. We had instrumentals, people doing flips on stage, etc... I think the time limit was like 8 minutes.

I'll have to say we'd have never done it without the Sigma Kappas though.. It was lots of fun. Their chapter here at UCO is great.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 03-04-2010, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

2nd place performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ev6yfcQTX0

Our rules seem a little different than most. Greek sing is only singing and then there is an air band competition that is dancing. Fraternities and Sororities are not paired together here but are judged separately. For greek sing our feet cannot move or we are disqualified so our 'dance moves' are limited.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

At University of Tennessee (called All Sing), DG and PMA did "Annie Get Your Gun", and we won 2nd place (1st place Greek). Annie Get Your Gun was great. We did "No Business Like Show Business," "Can't Get a Man with a Gun," "Old-Fashioned Wedding," "Anything You Can Do," "Moonshine Lullaby," and reprised "No Business."
Costuming was easy (guys in cowboy clothes and boots, girls in shabby clothes).
People eat it up, as long as you play it up.
"It is a truism that as long as man loves but himself and his art he can never attain to the full measure of manhood or reach the sublimest heights of his art. He must seek to love men as brothers and art, not for the sake of art itself, but art as a means toward bringing all men up to that verdant plateau where their souls may be fed in very rejoicing in all that is true, beautiful, and abiding." - Percy Jewett Burrell

Last edited by crusse10; 04-12-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

My freshman year we did a fun "Muppets" show. That was very entertaining, and also won 2nd place overall. Songs like the theme, Mahna Mahna, It's Not Easy Being Green, and if you have a drummer, Wipeout. Very fun, and the audience loves it.
"It is a truism that as long as man loves but himself and his art he can never attain to the full measure of manhood or reach the sublimest heights of his art. He must seek to love men as brothers and art, not for the sake of art itself, but art as a means toward bringing all men up to that verdant plateau where their souls may be fed in very rejoicing in all that is true, beautiful, and abiding." - Percy Jewett Burrell
Old 04-14-2010, 08:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Our's is called Sing Song and like most have already said it is the BIGGEST deal at my school. There are three categories for the competition, women's (all the clubs), men's (all the clubs), and mixed (which includes all the class acts). This year we did our show with another club and were predicted to get 2nd place overall, but placed last in every single category. I think it's more of a popularity contest than anything, but it's so much fun!

The group's that won were cupcakes (women's), Luke Skywalker/Star Wars (men's), and British Royal Guard (freshmen). My act were the cards from Alice in Wonderland and we killed the Queen of Hearts and were very pro-anarchy. :P

BUT our show is COMPLETELY different from any other university in the country. And that's not a joke. It's all acapella and crazy moves, but well worth it because it's so much fun.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Sing! at Baylor is advertised as the largest amateur off-broadway production in the world. I have to say, I really like the way we do it. The winners from this year (KOT) did a fantastic job! This is a taste of what Sing! is like over here: Kappa Omega Tau: The Toys Are Back in Town.
-GKC