GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,497
0 members and 1,497 guests
No Members online

Old 08-06-2001, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Post Greek Life Jobs?

I know this may be an odd question and I'm not sure if anyone can help me out, but I figure that it can't hurt to ask...
So I am part of a local sorority and although I am now an alumni, I am still interested in being involved with or working for Greek life... Since I am part of a local, there isn't a national headquarters (obviously) that I can work for.
So I was wondering if any of you knew about organizations/groups/companies that set up events/conventions/etc for Greeks. It is something that I am really interested in, but am not sure companies like this exist out there. If anyone has any information I would love to know about it. Thanks so much!

------------------
"Once a Kappa, Always a Kappa" ...Kappa Gamma Chi
Emerson College Boston, MA
Old 05-06-2002, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Delta_theta Send a message via AIM to Delta_theta
One thing you can try to do is work for a school, and become an advisor for a house/group of houses, and try to work with the greek life/residential life office.

I'd offer more ideas, but the only other things I can think of would work off of having a HQ. You could try and work for the HQ of another greek organization for certain events. Sigma Nu hired a couple people from other greek orginzations to work at College of Chapters.

M.
Old 05-16-2002, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Greek Life Jobs?

Theta Delta Chi (men's ) Fraternity is headquartered in Boston, and you don't have to be a TDX to work there. Obviously you wouldn't be able to have access to the ritual equipement but you could help out in other areas, administration, fund raising, etc.

When I was in Boston, I went to their headquarters and the guy there was really nice, he gave me a tour and everything. Check it out....you will never know!

Also, my friend (a DG) is doing some studies at Bowling Green...it's a Masters of Student Administration or something like that...basically you learn how to deal with administrative matters pertaining to students and since Greeks are students, that would carry over as well.
Old 05-16-2002, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

There are tons of other threads on this. Myself and I believe Navane and a few others actually work in Greek Life, which requires a Masters Degree in Higher Education Administration (or a similar degree). Do a search and you'll find a few threads on this exact topic.