Welcome to our newest member, Aliciasmith
» Online Users: 930
1 members and 929 guests
Cookiez17

Old 07-01-2008, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to gpb1874
Sad news - death of Alabama sister

I heard about this yesterday because I am one of the volunteer leaders for region 3, but wanted to await the official word from IH:

Re: Mourning The Loss of a Sister
Date: July 1, 2008

Today, our Sorority is saddened by the loss of a sister. This past Sunday morning, June 29th, Lauren Brue, a member of our Epsilon Lambda chapter, lost her life in a plane crash in Jasper, Alabama. A sophomore at the University of Alabama, Lauren was from West Des Moines, IA.

The tragic crash also claimed the lives of her boyfriend, Matthew Krump, a member of Alpha Kappa Lambda Fraternity and his parents.

Gamma Phi Beta volunteer leaders are in contact with chapter officers to offer support and ensure members have access to grief counseling services.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Lauren's family and chapter sisters, as well as the family of Matthew and his parents.

I left out the mailing addresses for the chapter (it's the president's since it's summer and no one is living at the house) and the parents. If you did not receive this message and would like to send your sympathies, please PM me and I will give that information to you.

IH is sending an arrangement to the funeral and our region is sending cards. I'll keep you posted if anything else comes up. It's so sad that we found out about this just after Convention, where we met many from the chapter and were celebrating our sisterhood.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for posting. I had been checking here to see if anyone had posted this, but was also waiting for the official ok to post on a public forum. We actually received the news about the crash on our way home from convention. I'm the HCB president for the EL chapter, and would also be happy to collect any cards, etc. so that the chapter's mailbox doesn't get overwhelmed until they gather back at school in August. If you need any information, feel free to PM me. I know the chapter advisor is also a GC member, but she may be too overwhelmed with other things to think about posting right now.

There is a facebook group called In Loving Memory of Lauren Brue if any of you are facebook members and would like to post something there. There are many chapter members and alumnae who are a part of this group. I know the chapter would appreciate everyone's support at this time.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw this new posted on the main board. If you could PM me the contact information, I'd be appreciative.

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Old 07-01-2008, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey guys, I'm here. Things have been a bit overwhelming...I am trying to facilitate a number of things for the chapter while being very busy at work... I'm also a member of the media, so I'm constantly surrounded by the latest news on Lauren's plane crash, which certainly doesn't make it any easier.

The chapter has gotten overwhelming support from IH and condolences from many Gamma Phis throughout the nation. Thank you all for your support, thoughts and prayers.