GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 928
3 members and 925 guests
ggforever, Low D Flat, Phrozen Sands

Old 02-27-2008, 02:57 AM
GreekChat Member

The "What would you do" game

Has anyone watched this show? I saw it last night, and it was pretty good. For those of you who haven't watched it, it's a show about different situations, and the viewer has to decide what he/she would do in that given situation. I thought it would be fun to turn it into a GC game to play. I'll go 1st and I'll start by using one of the scenarios from the t.v. show.

I'll ask the question, and the person below me will answer....and so on. Ready? o.k.

"What would you do" if you were ready to move to the next level in your career (a promotion), but you had a boss who had extremely bad breath. Whenever he/she would talk to you, he/she would get close enough to you to the point where you could smell it, and it was really hard for you to take the smell. Would you just deal with it, in fear of not getting the promotion? Would you tell your boss about his/her breath? Offer him/her a breath mint? "What would you do?"
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 02-27-2008, 10:15 AM
GreekChat Member

I would offer some juicy fruit?

What would you do if your were sick? Like really sick, throwing up 5-8 times every 45 mins or so and then you notice blood. Would you call an ambulence? Your friend/brother/parents for ride to hospital??? Would you just try to get some sleep?

What would you do???
Old 02-27-2008, 12:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Probably make hubby take me to the hospital just to be safe.

What would you do if you caught someone in your close family (mother, father, sister, brother) getting credit cards in your name?

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I would ask why they would do that without at least telling me about it 1st. I would cancel the credit card(s) unless it was something seriously wrong.

"What would you do" if your best friend passed away, and her/his bf/gf was a hottie and also a really good person. About a year after your best friend passed away, you found out that his/her significant other started having feelings for you. Would you get involved with him/her, or would you feel guilty even though your best friend was long gone? "What would you do?"
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 02-27-2008, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

if it was years down the line, i would get involved with them. if i had feelings back, id be a little hesitant, but still yes. i mean it was my best friend's man - that means her taste in men and friends are awesome, why not put it together?

(for any of you booking my greyhound ticket to hell, i like the window seat please and thanks.)

ok what would you do if your BOSS died... would you step up for the promotion or wait it out?

Last edited by tld221; 02-27-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm a "wait it out" kinda person.

What would you do if you knew someone in your family had committed crimes and still had criminal tendencies (the kind that could physically harm people) but the crimes they committed were beyond the statute of limitations? Would you keep an eye on them or let it go?

Old 02-27-2008, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sageofages
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Anne View Post
I'm a "wait it out" kinda person.

What would you do if you knew someone in your family had committed crimes and still had criminal tendencies (the kind that could physically harm people) but the crimes they committed were beyond the statute of limitations? Would you keep an eye on them or let it go?
It would really depend on the crime. If it was murder, rape, armed robbery or something that threatens physical harm, their @ss would be sitting in jail in a heartbeat. Let the prosecutors etc work it out.

Theft etc, I would keep a strong eye on them.

What would you do if a family member is mad at another family member and everytime there is a family function, someone is not coming because of the object of their feud is going to be there?
Old 02-27-2008, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sageofages View Post
It would really depend on the crime. If it was murder, rape, armed robbery or something that threatens physical harm, their @ss would be sitting in jail in a heartbeat. Let the prosecutors etc work it out.

Theft etc, I would keep a strong eye on them.

What would you do if a family member is mad at another family member and everytime there is a family function, someone is not coming because of the object of their feud is going to be there?
sounds like my family - eh, theyre adults, let them figure it out, and keep the party going.

what would you do if you found out a family member was perping your letters?
Old 02-27-2008, 07:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Post a story about them in one the of he gc threads about people who perp letters. . . oh and demand my stuff back. . .

What would you do if your brother or sister got married and didnt ask you to be in the wedding but ahd a HUGE wedding party with other siblings just not you???
Old 02-27-2008, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't answer that one. I'm an only child.

"What would you do" if your spouse lied to you, and after 5 years of marriage he/she told you he/she cheated on you several times with a close friend before you were married, but during the marriage there was no cheating. "What would you do?"
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 02-27-2008, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
ok what would you do if your BOSS died... would you step up for the promotion or wait it out?
[out of turn]My boss died on January 20. I got a 15 percent raise on February 22. Still working on the promotion.[/out of turn]
Old 02-27-2008, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
"What would you do" if your spouse lied to you, and after 5 years of marriage he/she told you he/she cheated on you several times with a close friend before you were married, but during the marriage there was no cheating. "What would you do?"
Someone answer this question? lol. I wanna read the response.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 02-27-2008, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
That's a tough one. I don't think I would leave him, but it'd probably take me a looooooong time to trust him again. Maybe marital counseling or something. I couldn't just go on living like I didn't know.

What would you do if you found out that your aunt was really your mom and your mom was really your aunt and all those people you call brother and sister were actually your cousins?? What would you do?
Old 02-28-2008, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

omg lol. Wow, I would be one screwed up individual. I would ask why? I think I would just go on living my life, of course with some extreme counseling.

What would you do if there was a supervisor position open, and you knew a close friend and co-worker of yours wanted the position, and even mentioned it before the position was ever opened, but the director of that department came to you and asked you to apply for the position. He/she also mentioned that he/she wanted you for the position, but you still had to follow procedure and apply 1st. Would you apply for it, knowing that the pay and experience was exactly what you needed, or would you turn it down, because of your friend? What would you do?
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 02-28-2008, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

i think that it would depend on how long i'd known the person, if it was good for my career path and the otherperson wouldn't have been good at it then yes, i suppose

what would you do if you were still sick, but felt a little better so came into work anyway because you knew you had to make the deposit and handle the genral journal entries plus you wanted to pick up your paycheck but you did all that, and you will probably leave around 2, and you have to go to your parents (which is closer to work than your apt.) to get fresh sheets so you won't re-infect yourself, would you take a nap there or would you get your sheets and get on home, and just sleep in untill spongebob comes on?