GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,309
2 members and 1,307 guests
JayhawkAOII, Xidelt

Old 11-20-2007, 07:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Bachelor Brad

I don't think I saw any threads on this latest season of The Bachelor, but I wondered if anybody else was watching and what they thought of last night's finale. Me? I'm pretty shocked. I thought he was really into BOTH of them and really wasn't sure who was he going to pick, but also really thought it was going to work out no matter which one he picked because I liked him and both girls who were left. I'm pretty stunned at his choice and will definitely be watching the Final Rose show to see what he has to say. How can you say how much your heart will be broken by saying goodbye to either one of them and then say goodbye to both? Weird!
Old 11-20-2007, 09:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Now, I didn't watch the entire season, I just turned on the last 30 minutes last night. I too was shocked by the outcome. I never expected him to say goodbye to both women. That was definately a first in bachelor history. The stupid thing is, I can recall so many bachelors who weren't quite "in love" with the women but there was one that they just wanted to continue seeing and see what developed from it. I don't get why he didn't want to continue seeing the second one (I don't know her name). I mean he was saying that he deeply cared about her, then why did he "break up" with her. Why didn't he just say I want to continue dating you and see what develops. I'm sure that would have made her a little hurt (because she wanted the ring) but I'm sure she would have been happy to continue the relationship.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 11-20-2007, 10:30 AM
GreekChat Member

There was a thread at the beginning of the season--I don't know where it went.

Anyway--I was not suprised last night. During "The Women Tell All" show last week there was something odd about how Chris asked Brad if he was happy and then with Brad's response. No mention of a woman, no mention of finding the one, and Brad's answer almost sounded like he was trying to convince Chris that he "really is happy". That with the whole, "the most shocking ending yet" (which I know they always say, but it was weird this time), it seemed pretty telegraphed to me that he was going to pick neither. Of course, I was waiting to be surprised that he did actually pick one of them.

I think Brad is holding on to some romantic notion that the love of your life is perfect. Married love is not perfect and it is rarely even romantic. I think you need to find someone who you love enough to stay together through the tough times and someone you like enough to enjoy your life together. I think he's looking for something he may never find. That said, very happy that he didn't just go through the motions--it shows he takes love and marriage seriously (although, maybe too serious).

Anyway--I too will look forward to next week to watch Jennie unravel some more...
Old 11-20-2007, 10:49 AM
GreekChat Member

It's not next week, it's tonight (the After the Final Rose show), so I hope you see this before then!

I didn't see the Women Tell All show so that would explain why I didn't pick up any of those clues.. also didn't see any trailers leading into it. I thought maybe one of the women was going to say no and he would propose to the other one or something like that. He really seemed to like both of them so much. Maybe that's what threw him too? He figured if one of them was "the one" that he wouldn't have such strong feelings for the other one too?
Old 11-20-2007, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Ah yes--it is tonight.

I wonder when Jenni knew that he didn't pick DeAnna either? Do you think they told her right away or that they made her wait for the Final Rose taping?

I am sure both women are just so embarrassed right now. I would feel a little like the show committed some kind of fraud, too--I mean, why can't they pick a bachelor that really is ready to get married, not just someone who is "the sexiest bachelor yet?"
Old 11-20-2007, 11:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPIDelta View Post
I think Brad is holding on to some romantic notion that the love of your life is perfect.
I completely agree with you. He also seems a bit skeezy to me for the fact that he is a bar-owner....I can't help it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post
The stupid thing is, I can recall so many bachelors who weren't quite "in love" with the women but there was one that they just wanted to continue seeing and see what developed from it. ....Why didn't he just say I want to continue dating you and see what develops.
I can't remember all of the seasons, but I'm pretty sure that that's what Alex did (B#1), Aaron did (B#2) and most of the others. The only bachelors that I remember actually proposing was Andrew Firestone (which belly flopped) and also Creepy Byron the Sport Fisherman proposing to Mary-The-Desperate. Maybe Andy the Navy Triathlete did too, but I blocked that boring experience from my memory.

Last edited by CutiePie2000; 11-20-2007 at 11:17 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:11 AM
GreekChat Member

I guess he can't help the fact that he didn't fall in love with anybody from the show. It does however seem like he lead DeAnna to believe that he was actually in love with her.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:12 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't understand why he went out and bought an engagement ring if he knew he wasn't going to propose to either one of them. Also I'm surprised that he wasn't under contract with ABC to pick a girl at the end of the show.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteASAbug View Post
I don't understand why he went out and bought an engagement ring if he knew he wasn't going to propose to either one of them. Also I'm surprised that he wasn't under contract with ABC to pick a girl at the end of the show.
The show is underway right now in my time zone. I think that he and everyone else got a bit "caught up" in the fabrication of the show. When you have high adrenaline dates, a small population of people who are more attractive than the average, alcohol, and perfect hair and makeup, I think that's a part of feelings getting created that maybe have no basis or foundation (or maybe just horniness?)

Jen Schefft turfed both guys (although she turfed Jerry "After the Rose), so maybe ABC can't really "force" the bachelor or bachelorette to pick someone (even if not necessarily engaged).
Old 11-21-2007, 10:00 AM
GreekChat Member

The more I think about it, I just don't believe Brad was really looking for love or ready for love. They probably talked him into doing the show--they saw a millionaire cutie from a good family and did what they do to get him on the show. And then when you look at some of the women he kept around throughout the show--the ones who were taking things off and getting drunk and just being foolish.

He obviously felt something for DeAnna and Jenni--can he not realize that when you are dating 23 other women its going to be confusing? To not even give it a chance at the time when he isn't dating other women just seems weird to me. I just don't think he was really ready...