GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,299
0 members and 1,299 guests
No Members online

Old 11-15-2000, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down WORST MOVIE

I didn't want to post this under the "Fav Movie" since I had to already add the "hate" column to the perfume poll But what are the worst movies you've ever seen and why?

Mine is a tie between Fallen and The Cable Guy -

Fallen could have been AWESOME if they would have worked that whole demon storyline thing instead of just having Denzel run around watching the spirit sing to him from one body to the next. More than anything it turned out to be so boring - although, it did leave the door wide open for a sequel.

Cable Guy just never really brought the point to fruition. I understand the whole TV warps the mind theme, but the dysfunctional relationship was never really brought into that. Just stupid.

*As a side note, I am a HUGE movie buff. But my husband HATES watching movies with me because I analyze the he@# out of them (for example: 6th Sense - when he went to pull the files about that guy, he had them listed by name....okay this is impossible. Patients are given numbers - not names...on ANYTHING - least of which medical charts!) So I guess that's why I want to know what makes us love some movies, but hate others!

------------------
"Alpha Chi Omega - If you only had 2 wishes, what would your second one be?"
Old 11-15-2000, 03:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay well i know that some people, mainly guys, will disagree with me on one of the movies i am going to post as WORST movie i have ever seen, but just remember its MY OPINION okay, well now that i have mentioned that... i hate The Postman, i almost fell asleep in the theatre, and it was so dang long!!! Another was The Matrix, i didnt understand and was very bored- almost fell asleep in the theatre again, i actually wanted to walk out! My brother has it so i have the option of watching it again and trying to understand it, but i really dont want to go through that anymore!! Remember, just my opinion!
Old 11-15-2000, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I absolutely hated Pulp Fiction. The way the scenes kept skipping around. In one scene someone is dead, but later on in the movie they're alive again. Then you couldn't tell what time period the movie was set in. Samuel L. Jackson was wearing a jheri curl and both he and John Travolta were wearing old looking clothes. Then the car they were driving looked old also, but all of the other cars on the road looked modern.

This movie just sucked, bottom line.
Old 11-15-2000, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

Thumbs down to The Blair Witch Project. I just hated that movie. I heard Blair Witch 2 is a Bomber.
Old 11-15-2000, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Anything with adam sandler. sorry folks, jut don't like his movies. I think he's a funny guy, but his movies suck! I hate the way he talks like a little boy. I think he's annoying. I do however, like some of his tapes and his stand up. I love that stuff, he just does a bad job trying act.

brady movies

country westerns

sci-fi (including star trek), but I have to note that I do like star wars

Old 11-15-2000, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to prospectiverushee
Thumbs down

The Cell w/h Jennifer "Sean Puffy Combs" Lopez sucked big time. I guess that movie was suppose to be scary,but I honestly thought about getting up and asking for my money back

How Stella Got Her Groove Back- The movie was so cheesy. I liked the book much more then the movie, but I think that books are much more better then the moives based upon them anyway
Old 11-15-2000, 07:02 PM

Thumbs down

I classify a bad movie as one that afterwards I say in dismay, "I spent two hours of my life on THIS?"

So under that terminology...hands down, the worst movie I've ever seen is Singles.
Old 11-15-2000, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

SPICE WORLD! Hands down!
Old 11-16-2000, 09:35 AM
GreekChat Member

All right, as long as you make it clear that you thought Spice World was a really bad movie, we'll forgive you for admitting that you saw it in the first place! : )

As for myself...The Pallbearer was really dumb. You'd think you can't go wrong with David Schwimmer and Gwyneth Paltrow in a romantic comedy, but they somehow found a way to muck it up.

I just rented Wes Craven's New Nightmare, since I've always been a fan of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies. WASTE O' MONEY.

I don't know if anyone remembers a movie called Blind Date, with Bruce Willis and Kim Basinger. That was pretty lame. Of course, the fact that I saw the movie on a blind date, and I wasn't too crazy about the girl that my friend set me up with, may have contributed to that.

I also rented Dr. Strangelove recently, since I had heard that it was one of the greatest movies ever made, and I turned it off less than a half hour into it because it was so boring.

And finally...Batman and Robin. Stupid, cheesy, ridiculous, lame characters, REALLY bad script, poor acting, stupid plot...I could go on and on.
Old 11-16-2000, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

The Fabulous Baker Boys - was very boring.
The English Patient - zzzzzzzz

I haven't seen Dr. T. and The Women but I know 2 people who did, and save your $$$, it is supposed to be a stinker.
Old 11-16-2000, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Being John Malkovich. I could not stand that movie. Funny as this one is, Superstar with Molly Shannon was a pain to get through too.
Old 11-16-2000, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tickledpink
Angry

LAKE PLACID! I was so angry at how God Awful that movie was I put my head down on purpose and went to sleep in the theater.
Old 11-16-2000, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

*Mission Impossible 2 - I left that movie
wishing for those 2+ hours of my life back.

*Titanic - Overacted, oversentimental, and
fake boobs - need I say more?

*Idle Hands - I felt dirty for days that that
disc even came *near* my DVD player

Old 11-17-2000, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Held Up, with Jamie Foxx and Nia Long. One scene (a convenience store) dragggggged on for 2 hours???? How much money could they have invested in this movie??? And when they read the script, what in the hell made them think "I WANT TO BE IN THIS ONE CAUSE ITS GONNA BE A WINNER!?" From Soul Food to Fish Food - this movie was FOUL!

If anyone knows the ending please let me know...
Old 11-22-2000, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by juniorgrrl:
*Mission Impossible 2 - I left that movie wishing for those 2+ hours of my life back.
Yes, that movie MI:2 was a stinker! That movie makes me want to sing:
"Face On!" (clap! clap!)
"Face Off!" (clap! clap!)
(to be sung to the tune of "The Clapper", from that TV infomercial)