Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,239
0 members and 1,239 guests
No Members online

Old 07-29-2007, 04:11 PM
GreekChat Member

need help Phi Mu-ing a song for recruitment!

For Philanthropy/House tour day, we have a pirate theme (Phi Mu of the Caribbean), and instead of doing the normal, boring chants and songs that we do when dropping the PNMs off after the party, we want to rewrite the words to "Yo ho, a Pirate's Life for me" to make it "Yo ho, a Phi Mu's life for me". The task has been mostly laid on my hands, but I've been reaching out to different sisters for their creative input -- so, if anyone could think up a cute way to incorporate Phi Mu into the song, can write a stanza, or anything, PM me or just post it on here (ESPECIALLY if you can write something that mentions Children's Miracle Network, since it's philanthropy day...I can't get it to fit in without resorting to "CMN" -- and when you sing that, it sounds like, well, semen. gross)! any help would be greatly appreaciated!
Old 07-29-2007, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrphimu View Post
For Philanthropy/House tour day, we have a pirate theme (Phi Mu of the Caribbean), and instead of doing the normal, boring chants and songs that we do when dropping the PNMs off after the party, we want to rewrite the words to "Yo ho, a Pirate's Life for me" to make it "Yo ho, a Phi Mu's life for me". The task has been mostly laid on my hands, but I've been reaching out to different sisters for their creative input -- so, if anyone could think up a cute way to incorporate Phi Mu into the song, can write a stanza, or anything, PM me or just post it on here (ESPECIALLY if you can write something that mentions Children's Miracle Network, since it's philanthropy day...I can't get it to fit in without resorting to "CMN" -- and when you sing that, it sounds like, well, semen. gross)! any help would be greatly appreaciated!
Oy, the idea of singing "yo, ho" at rush doesn't quite do it for me.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
Oy, the idea of singing "yo, ho" at rush doesn't quite do it for me.
Lol hilarious!

KLTC
Old 07-29-2007, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
What school is this? Why don't you try the song sung at the beginning of POTCAWE? It's sad, but if you sing it faster you can liven it up and make it more positive than the somber message of "never shall we die". Just a suggestion cos the Yo-ho ain't working for me neither...
Old 07-29-2007, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

haha...it works, trust me...most chapters at our school do something similar -- i know our theta chapter's house tour day is rock star themed, so they have some rock anthems re-written to include theta.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrphimu View Post
haha...it works, trust me...most chapters at our school do something similar -- i know our theta chapter's house tour day is rock star themed, so they have some rock anthems re-written to include theta.
Right, we were talking about the specifics of singing yo-ho. Like, yo, ho(oker)!
Old 07-30-2007, 04:01 AM
GreekChat Member

I wouldn't mind helping if you can tell me a bit about the CMN and what you do for it. I did it for my chapter and for fun online. I don't know if I'm any good, but i could at least give you some ideas.