GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,159
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,437
1 members and 1,436 guests
No Members online

Old 06-30-2007, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Love VLC

Hey all, I just wanted to write a little note to all my sisters. I was only able to physically say hi to Ms. Drive the bus lady... I still think shirts about recruitment being the most fun would be the best shirt ever.

I'm sorry that I didn't get to say hi to Ms. Lowest without going over lady, but it was nice to put a name to your face.

Lynn, I tried to find you tonight after the meal but it just wasn't in the cards.

I look forward to seeing everyone at convention next year! I regret that there weren't more days to spend with yall.
arin
Each day has enough trouble of its own!" ~Matthew 6:34
Old 07-01-2007, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey, sorry I missed you too!!

Took me a moment about who you were talking out..Ms. Drive the Bus Lady.
I thought you meant your shuttle bus driver. The one the first day didn't figure out where to drop us off so we had to lug our luggage farther than we had to today to get on the shuttle to go to the airport.

(Not sure I understand who "The Lowest Without Going over Lady" is. The one on the stage? Or how you figured out which was me, lol.)

Okay, when every one got home, what was the first think you did...

1. Take a nap in a big bed with a soft mattress and nice pillow?
2. Take a shower without bugs?
3. Use the toilet without having to straddle the commode while trying to exit.
4. Eat something that was tasteful and had color?
4. Take a nap while standing in the shower?

Although there were some accommodation issues, that was out of Alpha Gam's control. I don't blame them. D was a beautiful campus and I loved the river next to it. I wish that I had had a car so that we could have explored more. I did think that I was grateful I didn't have to climb some of those "hills" in inclement weather.

I had a great time otherwise and glad I got to see those that I did. Unfortunately, weather around the country forced some to cancel.

Everyone I talked with plans on going to San Antonio next summer. I've already told my hubby about Jackie's comment about staying at the hotel a few days before and/or after Convention for a vacation. Since we haven't been back to SA since we left Texas in 1986, this would be a nice time to go.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
I didn't get as stranded in airports coming home as I did going... now it's time to go take that shower and nap in my nice, comfy bed.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I just walked in the door about an hour ago and as soon as I log off here, I am going to take a long hot shower and collapse in bed.

VLC was so much fun but I am glad to be home!
Old 07-01-2007, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Forgot to mention what I did, lol.

I wanted to take a shower first but the call of sleep was stronger so I slept for 2 hours, took a shower, watched the Braves lose and went to Red Lobster for dinner.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay.. so I wrote that last night on my pda at 12 midnight. I still don't know who you are Lynn!!! Were you on stage playing the game? Greeklawgirl was is Ms. Lowest without going over. Province 16 loves the driving the bus idea, but even more we LOVE Marie. You are so funny and make us all want to start recruitment tomorrow.

I could only figure out that there were four of us there... who else from here was in the Big P? I really want to put your gc name by your name on the who attended list.

As to what I did first... after traveling by car for 6 hours with a two hour stop at Ann Taylor Factory store and Pottery Barn... number 3 was my first (after kissing my hubby hello and asking him to unload the truck).

I didn't have any issues with flights, bags, or buses but I almost didn't get there because of my rental car company. I was suppose to leave home on Thursday around 10 and didn't leave the rental car place till 12:30. And if I hadn't finally asked about the truck just sitting outside... I don't know what I would have ended up driving to get there on time.)

And Lynn... I told my hubby about that also but it was more like... if we're going to do the baby thing this year, then next year you will have to go to take care of the baby. Or if I'm 6 to 9 months along, then you have to go because I'll need a driver... since I won't be able to fly then. But by God I will be at Convention 2008 (even if I have to deliver in Texas!)

Last edited by GtownGirl98; 07-01-2007 at 10:12 PM.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, this probably won't jog your memory, lol.

If you saw Maria at dinner, next to her (on the right) was the girl who stood up as the youngest volunteer (looked like she was about 16, lol, long blonde hair). Next to her was mu_agd and I was sitting next to mu_agd. I was wearing a lime green and white sundress with a lime green sweater. To my right was another very young volunteer (Jackie's dau).
Old 07-01-2007, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I missed y'all this weekend. I'm so sad

I'm afraid to make any travel plans anymore at this point. Convention 2004, I found out the night before we were leaving that Mom had been hospitalized. Last year, two weeks after Convention, Mom was hospitalized/in rehab for a total of 6 weeks and I had to cancel my trip to Florida with my kids (to see my dad). This year, the PA thing.

Last edited by AGDee; 07-01-2007 at 10:51 PM.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

MARIA, I SENT YOU AN EMAIL.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you!

Many thanks, sisters! I enjoyed seeing and /or meeting all of you and being able to put a face with a name. It was a GREAT week-end. Will someone start the count-down to Convebtion? I would, but I am toooo tired!!

Lynn, I carried around something for you all week-end. I am still... I'll catch -up with you soon!

Love the new siggie, Arin!
Old 07-02-2007, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

newbie...

Ok, y'all, I'm jumping in! My first GC post! My suitcase is still on the floor, virtually untouched--however, it DID make it home at the same time as I did UNLIKE its arrival in Pitt!
What did I do upon arrival? I put makeup on while on the shuttle from the airport to the car, then changed clothes and left 5 mins after arriving home for a family birthday dinner at Kobe. Not really relaxing. I don't remember much after I got home though my strongest drink was a Diet COKE (NOT Pepsi!)!

While at VLC got to meet some of the GC posters and put names with screen names and a few faces with both. Yep, Lynn, LOVE the lime green-just hang on to that cute purse!

This was a great kickoff to the new structure. I really look forward to being a part of it.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Lynn, I was so tired by that point that I don't remember who was where at dinner. I do remember that the two youngest were in the back of the room. But that doesn't help because you were in the back of the room and I was sitting up front near Jackie and the foundation board. Table 6 to be exact. We talked about have a little get together but we never did... I so wish that we had put little stickers on our name tags so that I could have spotted everyone.

Marie... I am so sorry if I seemed crazy when we met because I had had only 2 hours of sleep the night before. I wanted to speak with you again but never got a chance.

I agree with Nancy about the weekend... I just wish we had spent more time on our job specific training topics... an hour and half wasn't enough time for me. Also I wish that they had "sung" us in on Thursday night because it would have pumped me up after the day I'd had. Jackie could have lead us in rounds of "How I love those Alpha Gams... so deep deep so down down"!
Old 07-02-2007, 03:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Lynn, I got your email but I am at work and don't know off the top of my head. I'll go check the binder when I get home.

I really really REALLY hope that this becomes a biennial event. It was very helpful.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Nancy, were you the one that returned it to me? (I know I'd recognize your face ..just wasn't sure if your name was Nancy, lol.) FILL OUT THE ALPHA GAM ROLL CALL AT THE TOP! I swear I only had a Coke to drink that night,lol.

I think that I was at Table 17.

Marie, I wish I had 1/2 your energy. You are so special everyone wanted to talk to you, lol.

I heard that the other VLC choice was Vanderbilt. So maybe Convention after SA will be Nashville...then I can drive, lol.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
Marie - I told Maria at one point that I wanted to be your new best friend! She kind of laughed at me.

Nancy, if you are the Nancy I am thinking of, thanks so much for allowing me to have breakfast with you at the airport yesterday! It made my delays much easier this time around!