» Online Users: 1,176
1 members and 1,175 guests
No Members online

Old 01-10-2007, 02:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ImaDeeGee
Officers and Directors

Hi Sisters!!

I hope everyone has had a great beginning to their 2007!

I've posted a couple times before, and I have a new question to ask all of you...

I was recently elected to VP: Social Standards (so pumped!) and I was curious as to what positions you all have held in your chapters. So fill all of us in!!

Also, if there is anyone out there who has had some Social Standards experience, I'd love any little bits of wisdom or knowledge you may have!

ITB,
Katie
Old 01-10-2007, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

When I was in undergrad, I was:

Honor Board Member at Large
Honor Board Junior Member
Director of Social Awareness
Old 01-12-2007, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AritheDG
My freshman year, I was Director of Crews, last year I was Director of Social Events, and this year I am Director of Anchor Splash!
Old 01-12-2007, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
I was the Director of E-Communications for my chapter for two years. Won us a couple of convention awards too! (toot toot! That was my horn).
Old 01-15-2007, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

I am currently the Director of Ritual for our chapter. Our Director of Social Standards used to put a little etiquette tip on our agendas each week, or read out of a fun manners book--like "What Would Jackie Do"--to inform and entertain everyone. The tips were usually ones that college students and grads would need, such as interviewing etiquette, etc.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

My collegiate positions were:
VP: Member Education
VP: Membership
HB: Member-at-Large

I was also PR and President of Panhellenic. Currently I am the Membership Adviser for Gamma Epsilon at Kent State University.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

[So far] I've been
VP: Programming
Director of Internal Sisterhood
Director of E-Comm

Old 01-31-2007, 01:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to minDyG
What's the Director of Internal Sisterhood position? I've never heard of that one. What sort of responsibilities did you have? And which VP were you under?
Old 02-04-2007, 10:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ImaDeeGee
So I am into the swing of things as far as my office goes...but I honestly never realized all the work that goes into Delta Gamma "behind the scenes" per say. I am amazed at how much of ourselves our collegiate and alumnae sisters give to our Anchor Club to keep things running smoothly. It is a very organized and well orchestrated process!!

I absolutely love Social Standards...I am constantly learning something new and I always feel like I am able to help out my sisters, no matter what the issue is. I couldn't imagine myself doing anything else. It's a pretty awesome position!!

Thank you to everyone who replied with their offices...it's neat to hear about other DG's leadership roles!! I think I am off to purchase some dangles for my badge!!! LOL
Old 02-04-2007, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minDyG View Post
What's the Director of Internal Sisterhood position? I've never heard of that one. What sort of responsibilities did you have? And which VP were you under?
I was under VP programming, basically it was organizing little sisterhood events like movie nights, baking cookies to bring to fraternities, etc. Our VP programmings have tended to get pretty overworked and having someone to coordinate the "little things" can be really helpful. I don't know if it's technically an official director, but we treat it as one as far as CMT meetings are concerned.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:41 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm the director of crews in my chapter. This position was basically non-existent when I came into my office, so I'd love to hear how your chapter handles crews or your ideas to make crew meetings more fun.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
More "what is?" questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeDeltaG View Post
I'm the director of crews in my chapter. This position was basically non-existent when I came into my office, so I'd love to hear how your chapter handles crews or your ideas to make crew meetings more fun.

What is "crews"? And crew meetings?

I was Recording Secretary and President - but that was so long ago I don't remember much of either. We didn't have many of the offices I've seen listed here. Didn't even have a formal honor board, and Anchor Splash was a really new idea in the early 70s, so I'm having a hard time relating. When I see one that not only haven't I heard of, but I can't discern from the title, I'm curious.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGTess View Post
What is "crews"? And crew meetings?

I was Recording Secretary and President - but that was so long ago I don't remember much of either. We didn't have many of the offices I've seen listed here. Didn't even have a formal honor board, and Anchor Splash was a really new idea in the early 70s, so I'm having a hard time relating. When I see one that not only haven't I heard of, but I can't discern from the title, I'm curious.
Honor board issues then were handled by Exec. Recording Sec now is vp:communications. President is still president! Crews are committees. Each vp has a crew and maybe some directors, depending on chapter size and needs. (comes from now having an Advisory Team Chairman - team = crews - instead of Advisory Board Chairman or Chapter Advisor). CRew meetings are where they meet during chapter meeting to take care of whatever events they have in planning.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

This thread deserves a revival.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Since my last post, I've served as the vp: membership and vp: finance for one alumnae group (at the same time); and the president & vp: communications for another alumnae group (at different times)!

I am currently alumnae groupless (recently moved)! I need to get reconnected!

I am currently serving DG as the coordinator for the Official Delta Gamma Pinterest page though.