Members: 326,172
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,474
4 members and 1,470 guests
chi-o_cat, indygphib, UVASquirrel, willTic

Old 06-01-2001, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Que Love???????????????????????????????

Why is it that Deltas are made to feel obligated to show the bruhs love? My personal version of love is not the same as there's meaning I don't see the need to be felt up, licked, gnawed on etc. Please educate?
Old 06-01-2001, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I have always wondered the same thing Quest. Last I checked, I pledged DST not Q Psi Phi.
So why should I get all hyped when I see a Que?
And why does he feel that he has the right to feel me up?! Because of that "Coleman Luv"?
I just don't understand.

[This message has been edited by Melody13_1913 (edited June 01, 2001).]
Old 06-01-2001, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I decided to send these questions straight to the source.
Old 06-02-2001, 02:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Reds6 Send a message via Yahoo to Reds6
Please keep in mind that the bruhs are men first and they all have different personalities. I think its unfair to generalize the bruhs and say they all feel Sorors up, because this is not the case. Most bruhs that I have come into contact with have done nothing but treat me with respect and treat me like a sis. If I said it once i said it twice, the history between the bruhs and sorors is a rich one and if you don't understand it: 1) One you're not a soror or a bruh or 2)something went wrong in the learning process. I have nothin g but love for all my sorors and bruhs.
And that's my $19.13 worth.
Old 06-02-2001, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Reds6:
If I said it once i said it twice, the history between the bruhs and sorors is a rich one and if you don't understand it: 1) One you're not a soror or a bruh or 2)something went wrong in the learning process.
I agree with you whole heartedly Red6. If you can't understand the bond something must have been left out of your learning process. The history is thicker than Gumbo The Omega's I know keep it so real and do nothing but look out for the ladies of DST
and I have nothing but love for them. But I guess everyone is entititled to their own opinion and thats my $.13 cents

OOOOOOOP-ROOOOOOO

------------------
29 Jewels of N.V. # 1
Delta Delta Chapter
Old 06-04-2001, 10:46 AM
GreekChat Member

One thing that has been stressed over and over and over again in this forum is that the Bond may not exist for all people.
--Some sorors have had bad enough experiences that they don't hold Omega Psi Phi and its members in high esteem at all.
--Some sorors are so dead set on blocking out the HISTORICAL Omega-Delta relationship, that they refuse to acknowledge the Bond because there is no official, constitutional relationship between the orgs.
--Some sorors haven't seen a bruh on their campus in so long (if at all), that they probably wouldn't know what to do or how to act if they did!
--Likewise, some bruhs may have been shunned, dissed, and put down by sorors (namely those I've previously described) so much that they no longer care to uphold the Bond, and would rather gravitate towards AKAs or Q-Pearls.

Quest and Melody, I am sorry that your experiences have been negative ones, but I urge you to not judge the whole by the few. I too have been groped, licked, and even bitten, but those kinds of experiences are SO RARE for me, that I refuse to be anything less than excited when I see/meet an OMEGA MAN who does NOT disrespect the Black Woman, and especially not a DiSTinguished Delta Woman. He is the Omega Man who would quickly apologize for the actions of his fellow Dawg in a most sincere and gentlemanly fashion. He is the Omega Man to whom I will ALWAYS show and give COLEMAN LOVE because he is the one who deserves it.

Sometimes bruhs might want to use the Bond for the wrong reasons, but shamefully I admit that I am guilty of that, too. 'Cuz let me tell ya-- if I get anywhere close to Shaquille O'Neal, I will milk the Coleman Love thing dry just to get a hug from him! It has its advantages!

But on a serious note-- you don't have to do a cartwheel when you see a Brother of Omega Psi Phi. You aren't obligated to feel the Bond or give the love. But, try to keep an open mind if you can, and "judge not lest ye be judged." Some of our sorors aren't the friendliest most respectful at times, and while they may not be feeling the bruhs up, if they're turning their noses up to ANYONE, or "belittling" an entire org because of a few bad grapes, they are just as guilty because they aren't living up to our virtues and Christian principles as Delta Women.

And I'm Out.

the411

P.S. OOP-ROO!

------------------
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Pi Kappa, SP97
#3 of QUINTESSENCE

[This message has been edited by the411 (edited June 04, 2001).]
Old 06-04-2001, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

T is doing well, with the exception of some memory loss, he is pretty much back to his old self. Who are ya bruh?
Old 06-04-2001, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ace_que98:
T is doing well, with the exception of some memory loss, he is pretty much back to his old self. Who are ya bruh?
Check your email AceQue98.

Old 06-04-2001, 06:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Reds6 Send a message via Yahoo to Reds6
Quote:
I'm new to this room so excuse me if I re emphasize any previous points made. First of all I ask you not judge all the bruhz, based on the actions of a few. True Que-Delta Love doesn't give the right to disrespect you as a woman. So be mindful, that these are men first, and no matter what organization, be it QUE, kappa, alfa, whatever, he would probably treat you similar.

My advice is to simply avoid the people you dont wish to be around.

Secondly, to whomever asked why get hype with the bruhz.............that's mighty CAT.
I dont know who taught you, but there has been some serious miscommunication. While not true everywhere, Ques and Deltas share a special bond, love, and friendship unlike any other. Damn the constitutional stuff, the first fam, whuteva, I guarrantee you, they wont protect them the way we will protect you. When Atomic Dawg comes on, you should be right there settin it out. Que-DST love may not be always perfect, but when its real its damn near close.

Bottom line, BE OUT WITH DA QUES. Dont be CAT.
whats up bruh, first welcome to the house. Bruhs sorors are still setting it out with the bruhs. When atomic dog comes on my chapter sorors and I hop right along with the bruhs. if I'm by myself in my car I hop.
Much Coleman Luv! To experience it is to luv it!

Old 06-05-2001, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

I'm new to this room so excuse me if I re emphasize any previous points made. First of all I ask you not judge all the bruhz, based on the actions of a few. True Que-Delta Love doesn't give the right to disrespect you as a woman. So be mindful, that these are men first, and no matter what organization, be it QUE, kappa, alfa, whatever, he would probably treat you similar.

My advice is to simply avoid the people you dont wish to be around.

Secondly, to whomever asked why get hype with the bruhz.............that's mighty CAT.
I dont know who taught you, but there has been some serious miscommunication. While not true everywhere, Ques and Deltas share a special bond, love, and friendship unlike any other. Damn the constitutional stuff, the first fam, whuteva, I guarrantee you, they wont protect them the way we will protect you. When Atomic Dawg comes on, you should be right there settin it out. Que-DST love may not be always perfect, but when its real its damn near close.

Bottom line, BE OUT WITH DA QUES. Dont be CAT.
Old 06-05-2001, 12:29 AM
GreekChat Member

UndertaQUEr - Da Steppin' QUE
Nu Delta Delta Chapter
Texas A&M University
SPR'98
Old 06-05-2001, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
UndertaQUEr - Da Steppin' QUE
Nu Delta Delta Chapter
Texas A&M University
SPR'98

Good to see you here Dawg, from the Helta Skelta chapter. How is your chapter bruh that had the accident?. Please post often

DoggyStyle
The Dirty Deuce
Old 06-05-2001, 09:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Reds6:
if I'm by myself in my car I hop.

You too, Soror?!?!?!?

------------------
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Pi Kappa, SP97
#3 of QUINTESSENCE
Old 06-05-2001, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I am not judging the whole. I have met some very nice and loving bruhs that have treated me like a queen, HOWEVER, I have also had some very negative experiences(more negative than positive). I am not knocking anyone for their opinion but this one belongs to me and if you don't like it that would be too bad for you. I am a proud soror and have been for a few years and there is only so much I am going to tolerate from someone who has no respect for me or my body. Just because Delta's as you say hold the bruh's in such high esteem does not mean that we all have to and that is my $1,913.00 worth.

oh yeah, and last I checked I pledged Delta not Omega Psi Phi. I was never known as a lamp!!!!! So your right I am not a bruh and my process was fine.

[This message has been edited by Quest (edited June 05, 2001).]
Old 06-05-2001, 11:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DirectorDST99 Send a message via Yahoo to DirectorDST99
Quest, do you choose to remain anonymous? We all pretty much know who's who on GC and welcome you esp. to our [ Delta ] forum. Please identify yourself.

------------------
"Director" #2
LaMarque Alumnae Chapter
Spr 99