GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Sigma Sigma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,151
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,198
0 members and 1,198 guests
No Members online

Old 11-02-2006, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jadis96 Send a message via Yahoo to jadis96
Chapter shirts/ jackets?

I was just wondering, I know that Alpha has jumpers but do any other chapters have a tradition of wearing something exactly the same year after year?

For example when I was in college we all had purple pullovers with white letters on the pocket. I still pull mine out and wear it on rainy days some and it always gets a reaction.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:07 AM
GreekChat Member

My chapter ordered tote bags 3 years ago to give out on Bid Day. They were such a hit that active members wanted them too. So we ordered some for actives. Everyone liked them, so we order them in bulk to give to every new member.

Lakers Nation.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jadis96 Send a message via Yahoo to jadis96
Personally, I am a big fan of the tote bags. We had them but they were ordered for new member classes, so they changed every year. I ended up with a ton between willed ones and being a crew leader then mine too.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Tote bags sound so cute! I remember seeing a few at DLC, but not many. The only thing we did was get letters all in the same colour one year (navy blue shirt, white background with yellow letters - blue and gold were our uni's colours) to wear to sports games. No one had to get them, but it was always nice to show school spirit. I still have mine, in fact.

Cheers,
Laura
Old 10-10-2007, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to elephant0906
This is really old, but I just wanted to add my 2 cents. I'm a member of Alpha chapter so I am a proud owner of the purple jumper but I think what you're actually referring to is what we call "branding". Every sorority at Longwood wears jumpers, each sorority has "jumper days" (for example, we wore ours yesterday and were not the only sorority to do so since it was also the day of Lip Sync, it's just like days that the sorority picks to wear blocks, so everyone will be uniform). As for branding, what we want to do is to have a certain bag that we carry around so people will recognize us as Sigmas without us actually wearing our letters (these we can also carry to parties because it doesn't have letters). Another example of this is ADPi carries lion backpacks, so if we think of lions, we think of ADPi. We also have uniform blocks (although we're in the process of trying to get new ones).

I love the idea of the pullovers!