Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,544
0 members and 1,544 guests
No Members online

Old 10-24-2006, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BSPTXChicaTC Send a message via Yahoo to BSPTXChicaTC
Membership in another sorority as an alum?

Does anyone know if you have gone Alum from OPA if you can join another sorority - more specifically Beta Sigma Phi?

I mean, I guess they can't tell you no really, but I have a friend interested in joing BSP who is an OPA alum, so I was just wondering.

Thanks!
Old 10-24-2006, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, you can. OPhiA doesn't have any rules against it, and I have seen Beta Sigma Phi's who also have membership in APhiO as well as NPC sororities, so I'm going to assume they have no restrictions on it either
Old 10-24-2006, 11:18 PM
GreekChat Member

No restrictions what so ever. You cannot be in 2 NPC sororities or a NALFO or a Pan-Hellenic sorority. Once you chose a sorority that is the one you are with for life if you get initiated. Does that make sense to anyone but me? I'm in OPhiA, Alpha Delta Pi, and in Pi Lambda Theta (teaching honor society) so you can be in multiple.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BSPTXChicaTC Send a message via Yahoo to BSPTXChicaTC
Great! Thank you ladies!
Old 10-25-2006, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DreamfulSpirit
you probably ought to make sure first that the OPA chapter you're wanting to join isn't apart of a council first. I believe Rho chapter, Western Kentucky U, is in their panhellenic council, and Phi chapter, Arizona State, is an associate member of panhellenic there. Last semester at ASU, we had one girl who was pledging us and Delta Zeta, but because of our new membership in panhellenic, we had to let her know that because of both being in panhellenic she needed to choose one. I'm not sure which other chapters are in councils though, if they are in ones.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamfulSpirit View Post
you probably ought to make sure first that the OPA chapter you're wanting to join isn't apart of a council first. I believe Rho chapter, Western Kentucky U, is in their panhellenic council, and Phi chapter, Arizona State, is an associate member of panhellenic there. Last semester at ASU, we had one girl who was pledging us and Delta Zeta, but because of our new membership in panhellenic, we had to let her know that because of both being in panhellenic she needed to choose one. I'm not sure which other chapters are in councils though, if they are in ones.
Unless your chapter or the DZ chapter had chapter-level bylaws against it, it shouldn't matter that OPA is on the local campus PHC. Local participation in PHC doesn't equal NPC.