GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Lambda > Lambda Chi Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,475
2 members and 1,473 guests
John

Old 10-20-2006, 02:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Trey_P-I_47
Theta Kappa Nu and its history

I just finished reading an article in the Cross & Crescent about the Theta Kappa Nu ritual by Mike Raymond and have to say I was pretty impressed. It also got me thinking that more brothers of the younger generation just arent interested in our history as they should be. I mean just because TKN and LCA merged together doesnt mean that we should forget about them. Now we all know that we adopted some of their symbols, rituals, and mottos......but I think that all active brothers should know as much as they can gather. Its great to know where our AM ceremony was derived from, where our AM pin came from, where the escutheon came from, why the white rose is our fraternity flower; but how many active brothers actually know the colors, or the mottos, or the handshake, or even so much as know how their ritual room was arranged? I think its the duty of active brothers to find out where our heritage came from. There are plenty of "seasoned" (I tried not to use old Tom) brothers that are more than willing to help us out, and in reality they are just looking for the opportunity to share what they know so that Lambda Chi Alpha can grow to even greater heights. I believe that the saying goes something like this....

"If I have seen a liitle bit further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" ~Sir Isaac Newton~

So I think we should do our part as an active brother of Lambda Chi Alpha and "stand" on the shoulders of our "giants" so that we in turn will be able to pass on the information that we gather to the next generation, otherwise our heritage is just going to slip in to the dusty pages of the history books, and if we do our small part in learning a little bit of history we can make Lambda Chi Alpha into an even greater fraternity that what it already is.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:03 AM
GreekChat Member

No worries

After reading your message about your worries about passing down the knowledge and understanding of TKN, you can gain some peace by knowing that this information has not been lost. Here at Gamma Omicron (Michigan State), our Phi and Kappa educate the AM's on this information. I personally think the ritual is a bit basic, almost too freemason like, but non the less an interesting one, however to reiterate, there is no need to worry about this. TKN has not been lost, nor has a lot of the old history of LXA at Gamma Omicron.

In ZAX
Matthew A. Moose
High Rho
ro2140
Old 03-05-2007, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

TKN and LXA are truely intertwined since the merger as can be seen by our Coat of Arms, New Associate badge, Ritual, and wording in our Paedogogus.

A sage once said and I think it was on site, if History is lost, we will be doomed to repeat it.

The merger between LXA and TKN is still the largest in Greek Fraternal history to this day.

I hope that until the end of time, History will be remembered.

There was a question somewhere on this LXA thread about who was the Founder of TKN. There was no original Founder, but a group of Locals who decided to join together. Some were instrumental in working on the merger of I beleive 11 locals to become TKN.

Some who were instumental were:

Winslow Anderson, Otho McAtee, Don Lybarger, and Jerry Krenmyer for those who read LXA Paedagogus will see some of these names in them!

They became principles of LXA after the merger and very well known Brothers.

OOPs, I am not really that big a History nut compared to many on GC who really know History!

I am in the words of a neophyte of TKN compared to them.

LX Z # 1
Alumni