Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,145
1 members and 1,144 guests
John

Old 10-18-2006, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Things Other People Would Be Surprised To Know About You

The title is pretty self-explanatory. I thought this thread might be fun. In this thread, we post things about ourselves that others in the SK community (as well as guests) would be surprised to know. It can be anything big or little that you'd feel comfortable sharing.

I'll start.

I was a hardcore heavy metal stoner in high school. I listened (and still sometimes do) to bands like Slayer, Pantera, Anthrax, Sepultura, and Megadeth to name a few. I had my head shaved on the sides & the rest of my hair changed colors on a monthly basis. I went to concerts & clubs whenever I could sneak out of my moms eagle eyes. I used to enjoy Metallica but will now only listen to all their music that came out prior to the infamous Black album. I hate that one & all the subsequent crap they've put out.
I'd post pictures of myself back in this day but they are way too funky & embarassing.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

I suffer from dyscalculia, which is basically number dyslexia. This means that math has always been a huge struggle for me. I mix up 2s and 5s, and 7s and 9s all the time. 7s and 9s are the worst. So many wrong exits taken on highways :P

I used to be a hardcore christian during high school. Now I'm an atheist leaning towards buddhism.

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 10-19-2006, 08:40 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't have any idea what I'm doing in medical school. I don't think I even want to be a doctor. I'm just hoping to 'fake it until I make it', which is terrible, but I don't see any alternative.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigKapSweetie View Post
I don't have any idea what I'm doing in medical school. I don't think I even want to be a doctor. I'm just hoping to 'fake it until I make it', which is terrible, but I don't see any alternative.
Get your MBA after this and go into hospital adminstration?

I'm not an extrovert. Someone in my class made a comment about how I should present because I am so extroverted. I just looked at her like she had lost her mind. After years of presentations and group discussions, I've faked it til I made it I guess. But I still HATE talking in front of the class.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
I still HATE talking in front of the class.
Did this make formal recruitment hard on you? I had a sister who hated talking to PNMs - she and I worked it out so that she never had to recruit.

I like this thread; it's nice to get these things off my chest.

I'd never bought clothes from any 'popular' store in the mall until my junior year of HS. We weren't poor, exactly, but we didn't have any money to spare for frivolties and I didn't really know much about clothes until my junior year. I still have that first American Eagle shirt I bought - blue, with yellow and white stripes on the sleeves. It was $25, and I felt so guilty!

When my mom got a much more lucrative job at the end of my senior year of HS, we took her first paycheck to the mall and spent $700 on college/recruitment clothes at Contempo Casuals. I was blown away - I'd never even seen $700 before. Now, six years later, I wear Ralph Lauren polo shirts, Gap jeans, and pearls pretty much every day, and I don't even blink at spending hundreds of dollars on one shopping trip. I still have trouble buying things that are full price, though; my sorority sisters always joked with me about that. My good friends in the house know this story, but all the other girls would be surprised by it, and I doubt they would recognize the 'old' me!
Old 10-19-2006, 11:31 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm not a big shopper either. I don't like spending money and my body makes it hard to find clothes that fit at a decent price. That and there are no good stores around here.

I never recruited, I was computer chica. I knew all the PNMs on paper (and yes, facebook because I was bored) but not in person.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
The title is pretty self-explanatory. I thought this thread might be fun. In this thread, we post things about ourselves that others in the SK community (as well as guests) would be surprised to know. It can be anything big or little that you'd feel comfortable sharing.

I'll start.

I was a hardcore heavy metal stoner in high school. I listened (and still sometimes do) to bands like Slayer, Pantera, Anthrax, Sepultura, and Megadeth to name a few. I had my head shaved on the sides & the rest of my hair changed colors on a monthly basis. I went to concerts & clubs whenever I could sneak out of my moms eagle eyes. I used to enjoy Metallica but will now only listen to all their music that came out prior to the infamous Black album. I hate that one & all the subsequent crap they've put out.
I'd post pictures of myself back in this day but they are way too funky & embarassing.
Oh my god, NO WAY

I am a COMPLETE hardcore metalhead too. But Megadeth is a little light, isn`t it ? My idea of hardcore is like... Arch Enemy, Hypocrisy . But wooooow, that`s so cool xD. My boyfriend won`t let me drink, smoke, or do drugs because he`s a metalhead too , and he used to be addicted to all three, so he doesn`t want me to have to go through the same thing.

Mmmm... well, I`m just insane I guess, so I surprise people everyday xD ?

Well.. I`m a gamer girl as well... I played a lot of MMRPG games, RO, WoW, CS, SC, MS, etc etc. I also play stuff like super smash, soul calibar, etc etc.
Not only that, I script for games as well, in SQL, mostly for Ragnarok. That just means I create game things... characters, maps, storylines, etc.

I also used to be the hardcore church girl, perfect model goody two shoes... I`m a little looser now

Last edited by sophisticate; 10-19-2006 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophisticate View Post
Oh my god, NO WAY

I am a COMPLETE hardcore metalhead too. But Megadeth is a little light, isn`t it ? My idea of hardcore is like... Arch Enemy, Hypocrisy . But wooooow, that`s so cool xD. My boyfriend won`t let me drink, smoke, or do drugs because he`s a metalhead too , and he used to be addicted to all three, so he doesn`t want me to have to go through the same thing.

Mmmm... well, I`m just insane I guess, so I surprise people everyday xD ?

Well.. I`m a gamer girl as well... I played a lot of MMRPG games, RO, WoW, CS, SC, MS, etc etc. I also play stuff like super smash, soul calibar, etc etc.
Not only that, I script for games as well, in SQL, mostly for Ragnarok. That just means I create game things... characters, maps, storylines, etc.

I also used to be the hardcore church girl, perfect model goody two shoes... I`m a little looser now

I love it! I'm not as hardcore as you but I still love me some metal and some hardcore. I think my sisters would faint if they knew I went to a NiN concert this summer.
My boyf is really into WoW and I'm considering playing it just for more attention from him. I'm a total nerd over some things, like I can beat Lord of the Rings trivial pursuit in 30 minutes.

I also dressed goth for date party while I was a new member. That was awesome!

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 10-19-2006, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Woot for the gamers! Unfortunately for me, I don't have the time or the internet connection. I'm more of a console gamer (I want a Wii so bad you can't believe it) but my boyfriend got me hooked on Diablo II and as soon as I get an apartment I'll be looking at future purchases. (I'm not a very hardcore gamer though... mostly cause I'm broke)

No one would be surprised by my nerdiness though. I'd give you a run for your money at LOTR trivia though. And I won a game of 90's trivial pursuit for my friends, I got all the tech questions!

Last edited by Drolefille; 10-19-2006 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
And I won a game of 90's trivial pursuit for my friends, I got all the tech questions!
I love me some Trivial Pursuit!
Old 10-19-2006, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigKapSweetie View Post
I love me some Trivial Pursuit!
We need to have a national game of SK trivial pursuit. Because I consistently win Jeopardy, none of you stand a chance.
Oh yeah, something else you don't know. I watch jeopardy and I win every single night!

Old 10-19-2006, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur532 View Post
We need to have a national game of SK trivial pursuit. Because I consistently win Jeopardy, none of you stand a chance.
Oh yeah, something else you don't know. I watch jeopardy and I win every single night!
Uh huh, but you're still sitting here on GC and not lounging away your millions so to you.

I'll kick your butt!
Old 10-20-2006, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I watch jeopardy and I win every single night!
Me too! I play over the phone with my parents. My study group refuses to play with me anymore - they hate losing!
Old 10-20-2006, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Uh huh, but you're still sitting here on GC and not lounging away your millions so to you.

I'll kick your butt!
Hey, do you know how hard the entrance test for jeopardy is? The show questions are cake compared to it. I want to try for college jeopardy. I could nail that tourney with my hands behind my back!

Old 10-20-2006, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Hey, do you know how hard the entrance test for jeopardy is?
I tried out last year. Missed it by a question or two. Not like I don't have enough on my plate already!