Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,417
1 members and 1,416 guests
Cookiez17

Old 08-23-2006, 10:27 AM
GreekChat Member

ABC Chapter v. XYZ Chapter Beefs...

I have been noticing a lot that on the undergraduate level and even the graduate level, there are a lot of inter-chapter beefs, issues, grips, grudges in ALL ORGANIZATIONS. Whether its pledge process beefs on the undergraduate level, or fiscal and policy practices in the graduate arena, it seems a bit out of control.

1) Are culture and climate differences at institutions causing problems within our fraternities/sororities?
2) Do practices such as challenging another chapter, trading wood, or "pari snatching" acceptable or necessary?
3) IS IT JUST JUVENILE???
= Because you're a semester too late
= Because you love to imitate

Last edited by marquise1911; 08-23-2006 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jubilance1922 Send a message via Yahoo to jubilance1922
You mean "JUVENILE"
Old 08-23-2006, 12:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubilance1922
You mean "JUVENILE"
Thanx!
Old 08-23-2006, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquise1911
I have been noticing a lot that on the undergraduate level and even the graduate level, there are a lot of inter-chapter beefs, issues, grips, grudges in ALL ORGANIZATIONS. Whether its pledge process beefs on the undergraduate level, or fiscal and policy practices in the graduate arena, it seems a bit out of control.

1) Are culture and climate differences at institutions causing problems within our fraternities/sororities?
2) Do practices such as challenging another chapter, trading wood, or "pari snatching" acceptable or necessary?
3) IS IT JUST JUVENILE???
pledge process beefs happen on the graduate level as well, so i hear. and i think EVERY chapter, undergrad or grad/alumni, have fiscal problems

i've seen chapters and particular lines of chapters make up their own grips/calls. i had to squash that ish with my neos. i dont find it cute.

i've never been a fan of trading wood - i mean, there are other ways to prove that youre bout it. how bout you go pay some dues and be bout it?

never heard of "pari snatching" why would anyone do that? aside from it being "inappropriate"?

as for it being juvenile, i think most of these issues are legitimate, its the way members go about it that's juvenile.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221
never heard of "pari snatching" why would anyone do that? aside from it being "inappropriate"?
Well I know in FL and ATL if you get chelleneged by another member of your organziation you can get your letters snatched. Well you can give'm up or have them snatched. Real sign of brother/sisterhood when you see your our sorors or frats behavining that way @ a party.

Line grips burn me!!! I hate that!
Old 08-24-2006, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, mos def I feel you, but being a NUPE in the SouthEastern Province I can speak on this from experience. Take our Province for example. It's made up of South Carolina and Georgia. That's alot of chapters, just for two states. The thing is is that, sometimes, Georgia Chapters have the stigma of being better made, or more bout it than South Carolina Chapters. Therefore, in order to get respect not only for your chapter, but your state, certain things happen. Is it right? No, but it's a matter of circumstance. Yes I have engaged in trading, and not cause I like it, but because of the respect factor, ya know? Pain is temporary, yet chapter pride is forever. I refuse for someone to mention my chapter in the same sentence as the word "suspect". But once your known in a particular area, or by particular chapters, those things don't happen.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

has it changed that much cain?? i remember going all over georgia in 2000 when i crossed and being received with open arms. i did see bruhs get hemmed up in atl tho and even in a probate show at our school a few years ago one of my sands from benedict college (gamma mu) told me how he literally helped a dude out of his nalia (to be fair, the guy did have on like six pieces). as for inter chapter rivalries, consider this, i crossed at sc state (alpha lambda) and we dont really cooperate with the bruhs across the fence at claflin (gamma nu) as we should. perhaps i will explain why i think this is in a later post.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

It's not only juvenile... its sad. People need to remember that although they join THROUGH ABC chapter, they have joined an ORGANIZATION. As such, the chapters need to pull together.... not pull each other apart. And certainly not in public! That just makes your organization look bad.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Damn, your right up the street!!! I'm at Epsilon Omega man! But yeah, things done changed man! My chapter can go down there no problem ya dig? Cause we are always down there on the road trip tip. But ATL is a different monster cause you got bruhs, who don't act like bruhs, or even call themselves bruhs. (You know who that is).
Old 08-25-2006, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Japan357 Send a message via Yahoo to Japan357
6 pieces of nalia!!!! Cot Dayum! That is crazy! You are asking for it doing shit like that! As far as trading, there are so many chapters in ATL and so much "bs" going on with certain situations that trading can be common. Especially if you are a neo or unknown...but after a while you get to know everyone and if you carry yourself right after a while that really shouldnt happen too much anymore because if you are holdin your ish up your respect factor should be there off top.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Atlas Send a message via Yahoo to Atlas
I don't understand all that... I mean, I've traded with bruhs from other chapters but it wasn't because either one of us thought the other was "suspect" it was just a kase of boredom I guess. I haven't been out of state in my letters but a few times and I only got charged once when I was at Bayou Classic. I'm the type of NUPE that came through the way I came through and I'm damn glad I was brought through hard, and I will make sure anyone else comes through the same if I can help it, but at the same time, I'm too old to be fightin with members of the SAME fraternity as I am. I don't get that, if a kat is paper, he know he paper, I don't see a need in further humiliating him by making him take off his perry, that's some school yard bully mess to me. And fighting between chapters? Way to go. You just made not only both of the chapters but the organization as a whole look like some gatdamn fools. I love the bond just as much as the next NUPE but some people are straight "ignant".
Old 08-26-2006, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Atlas Send a message via Yahoo to Atlas
And another thing, if a chapter X is beefing with chapter Y over chapter Y's process, why not go to chapter Y and offer some suggestions?

(Side Note) Shout out to everyone from SC, I was born and raised in SC.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquise1911
Well I know in FL and ATL if you get chelleneged by another member of your organziation you can get your letters snatched. Well you can give'm up or have them snatched. Real sign of brother/sisterhood when you see your our sorors or frats behavining that way @ a party.

Line grips burn me!!! I hate that!
challenged like someone talking ish about you being paper? im having a hard time seeing how this would go down, as in someone physically forcing you to take your letters off... i would hope that chapter bruhs would have your back...
Old 08-27-2006, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

when i was in undergrad, 4 neos from another chapter came over to us and asked us to help us with their 'process'. it seems that they had gone over (MIP) but for whatever reason they had not pledged. i can't remember all the details but lo and behold a few weeks later i see one of the 4 Neos with a hit on his arm, acting all hard and stuff. i let it go tho, i'm not one to get krazy over stuff like that, i saw the bruh in my alumni chapter mtg the other day, his dad's the polemarch there now so thats why he came, ordinarily he wouldn't risk it.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221
challenged like someone talking ish about you being paper? im having a hard time seeing how this would go down, as in someone physically forcing you to take your letters off... i would hope that chapter bruhs would have your back...
Yup! They will "help" you out of your pari. Like outside of Cheetah Lounge in Jacksonville. You get hit up for information and you be like. A bruh will simply request, "Can I have my shirt please?". It's up to you what you decide to do. You can shamefully take the shirt off or like dude in above case have it ripped off and get all your "LB's" stomped on for trying to save you. I don't believe this is the way things should be at all, but I have come to terms with the fact that some bruhs don't know how to behave like bruhs. If someone is suspect, do like we do. Let'm know, "Dude it's not safe to come round here." But beat downs are normally reserved for perps and other offenders.