Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,200
1 members and 1,199 guests
Cookiez17

Old 02-24-2006, 01:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Kappa on The Amazing Race: CBS

From An Email:

Ray Whitty (Kappa Alpha Psi) will be a contestant on the new season of the widely popular CBS series "The Amazing Race" which premieres on CBS on Tuesday, February 28 at 9:00 E.S.T. For additional information on the premiere review the CBS website at http://www.cbs.com/primetime /amazing_race9/bios/ray _yolanda/

Ray & Yolanda have been dating for five years. An accomplished athlete, Yolanda ran track with Ray's cousin at the University of Florida. One day while visiting his cousin at the track, Ray was introduced to Yolanda, but it wasn't until later that the two were reacquainted and exchanged phone numbers.

Natives of Florida, Ray & Yolanda now reside in
Chicago, Illinois. Yolanda grew up in Gainesville, Florida and was a math and science teacher in Miami before she recently moved in with Ray, who is originally from Jacksonville. After receiving his law degree from the University of Miami and practicing law in South Florida, Ray accepted a position as an attorney in Chicago.

While Ray is said to be the more disciplined of the two, both describe themselves as opinionated and stubborn. Yolanda admits that she has a bit of trouble finishing what she's started and Ray claims that she often runs late. Nevertheless, Yolanda & Ray enjoy working out together and are looking forward to the adventure of the Race and the thrill of competition. Whitty was an initiate of Theta Eta Chapter of KAPPA ALPHA PSI FRATERNITY in the spring of 1994 at Florida State University, where he held offices including Chapter Polemarch and Junior-Vice Polemarch of the Southern Province. Ray, a former High School Valedictorian, received his undergraduate degree from Florida State University in Chemical/Bio Engineering with a minor in Physics in the Spring of 1997. Upon graduation, Brother Whitty attended Law School at the University of Miami on a full scholarship where he received his Juris Doctorate in May,
2000 with a specialization in the area of Intellectual Property. Unlike most attorneys, Intellectual Property attorneys must be members of the Patent Bar in additional to a state bar, which makes this area of law highly specialized with very few practitioners. Ray currently practices Intellectual Property Law as an associate at a prominent Chicago Law Firm. Ray’s practice in intellectual property includes representing a wide array of fortune 500 corporations in areas of technology including patents, copyrights, trademarks and litigation
involving intellectual property matters. Ray is also experienced in client counseling and licensing involving the acquisition and use of intellectual property in arts and entertainment. Ray’s prior work experience includes working in the Intellectual Law Department of Motorola, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida, the Office of Naval Research and a congressional appointment by Congressman Charles E. Bennett, U.S. House of Representatives, Washington, D.C. Ray is also a recording artist and member of the hip-hop group Phifty-50, and has a single featured on the popular video game NFL Blitz 2006, “Blitz the League” by Midway Sports. Music has been a passion of Ray’s since growing up in the inner city of Jacksonville, Florida and played a large influence on why Ray decided to pursue an area of law that would further enhance his knowledge of the business side of music which largely encompasses trademarks, copyrights and licensing. True to the ideas of KAPPA, Ray intends to be “THE MASTER OF HIS FATE AND THE CAPTAIN OF HIS SOUL” and break the stereotypes of what defines a lawyer and a musician. You can learn more about the group at www.PHIFTY-50.com as they prepare for a major label release in 2006.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I'll be glued to the TV...
= Because you're a semester too late
= Because you love to imitate
Old 02-25-2006, 09:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RedAngel Send a message via Yahoo to RedAngel
I'll be watching it too!
Old 02-27-2006, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NuThetaNupe
I will be watching!
Old 03-01-2006, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw them yesterday they came in ninth!
Old 05-06-2006, 07:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Gina1201
Ray and Yolanda are finally making moves!! I'm glad they came in first on the last leg.

Cause even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an 'S' on my chest
Oh yes, I'm a SUPERWOMAN
Old 05-11-2006, 09:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Ray and Yolanda made the finals last night. They came in last, I bet they have to start this next leg with no money!!

Go team!
Old 05-11-2006, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

I just received an email from him on my chapter mail. Big ups to my bruh!!!
Old 05-18-2006, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

They placed 3rd overall last night but it was good to see them make it to the finals!

I knew the hippies were going to win....they were the media favorite and made good tv vs. the frat boys
Old 05-18-2006, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

, but danielle won top model. You know she's a Kappa Kitten...JUST KIDDING!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 08:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by marquise1911
, but danielle won top model. You know she's a Kappa Kitten...JUST KIDDING!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 09:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jubilance1922 Send a message via Yahoo to jubilance1922
Quote:
Originally posted by DSTdimepiece
They placed 3rd overall last night but it was good to see them make it to the finals!

I knew the hippies were going to win....they were the media favorite and made good tv vs. the frat boys
Did anyone see them on the CBS morning show? Ray proposed to Yolanda, who happily accepted. Congrats to the happy couple.