GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,434
0 members and 1,434 guests
No Members online

Old 02-10-2006, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

MNF Next Year...diggin' the announce team?

Lost in the Al Michaels trade:

Mike Tirico, Joe Theismann and Tony Kornheiser.......

I guess we have to wait and see, but I've NEVER seen Kornheiser do commentary/play by play. This should at least be interesting.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I like Kornheiser a lot...I've been reading him in the Post for ages. He doesn't come across as crotchety in his articles as he does on PTI and his radio show. He does always talk about how he's so unprepared and blah blah which would be really detrimental for a football commentator, but it could just be part of his whole schtick and he really does do a good preparation job. It'll be interesting, I guess, although I'm not a huge fan of 3 men in the booth. Two are plenty.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
Originally posted by Lil' Hannah
although I'm not a huge fan of 3 men in the booth.
I've heard this about you.

I feel like Kornheiser is sort of a middle-of-the-road choice between Dennis Miller and someone like Dan Fouts - he's entertaining, but still sports-oriented. I'm not sure it will really work, especially since Theisman tends to be wrong, oh, 100% of the time, but it'll at least be interesting to watch.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I am not fond of this new broadcast team, especially when the redskins will be playing.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know if any of you remember when MNF originated the three men in the booth thing -- but early on, it was an absolute disaster. It's difficult for two men not to step all over each other in the very limited amount of time between plays, let alone three. It's took quite a while and a lot of screaming and gnashing of teeth to get the formula down.

None of the other networks has really ever made it work right, which is why everyone else used two person play by play teams.

By the way, that learning curve had to be done over by ABC every time they changed personnel -- but at least they had some experience at it by then.

The new MNF team might be a little ragged when they start, but again, ESPN is owned by ABC so they can draw on that experience.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.