Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,266
2 members and 1,264 guests
Cookiez17, John

Old 01-09-2006, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

What was an "Ah Hah" Moment as an AOII?

When I signed up for Rush (ok, I just dated myself), Panhellenic organized a simple event for all potential rushees to come and meet Panhellenic. No badges, no T-shirts, no fraternity/sorority identification of any kind.

When I wandered into this room, not knowing anyone, a lady approached me, smiled a huge, warm smile, and introduced herself as Barb. She told me what would happen that afternoon and what to expect during Formal Rush.

All through the various room parties (we didn't have houses), I kept looking for Barb, not realizing that as a Panhellenic representative she would not be in any Rush event.

I prefed AOII and KAT, hoping for AOII but still wondering about this great lady I had first met.

On our campus, our Big Sis was also our sponsor, so on the night of pledging, as we sat out in a cold hallway, waiting for the KOR to open the door, I sat with my pledge class as they went in one by one. (I was last due to my surname.)

Finally, the time came, the KOR opened the door and outstepped Barb. She was my Big Sis.

That was my first Ah Hah moment with AOII.

Roses and Alpha Love,
Old 01-10-2006, 01:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Glad to have you aboard, Marjorie
Old 01-15-2006, 11:49 PM

I've had so many "Ah Hah" moments as an AOII, I swear I can't keep track anymore. Most of them really have to do with the simple things in life, like an unexpected phone call or email from a sister. Even better is picking up the phone and calling a sister just because I need someone to talk to, like I just did earlier tonight!
Old 02-19-2009, 01:16 AM
GreekChat Member

I love those stories. Mine was about my best friend from High School.

We had Rush week the same week and we never mentioned what sorority we were going to join. We went through the week talking but never saying which sorority we wanted. We never told who we got Pref invites from or anything. Bid Day comes around. I knew she had signed her Bid before lunch the same as I did. Well I went to the AOII bid party that night and took a picture of the cake that said "welcome to AOII bid party" and then I decided I couldn't wait any longer so I sent her the pic. Two minutes later I get a call from my screaming best friend telling me she was currently at her AOII bid party. Without even knowing we had placed our bids to the same fraternity different schools. We got initiated within three days of each other.

I still tear up whenever I think of that night. Me and her have been more than inseperable ever since. We are best friends from HS, Sisters from AOII.
In 1897 four amazing women at Barnard College, decided to start something amazing and something tattooed in my heart for eternity... I may fight with my sisters but i wake up every morning and thank those founders filled with Alpha Love.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII1897 View Post
I love those stories. Mine was about my best friend from High School.

We had Rush week the same week and we never mentioned what sorority we were going to join. We went through the week talking but never saying which sorority we wanted. We never told who we got Pref invites from or anything. Bid Day comes around. I knew she had signed her Bid before lunch the same as I did. Well I went to the AOII bid party that night and took a picture of the cake that said "welcome to AOII bid party" and then I decided I couldn't wait any longer so I sent her the pic. Two minutes later I get a call from my screaming best friend telling me she was currently at her AOII bid party. Without even knowing we had placed our bids to the same fraternity different schools. We got initiated within three days of each other.

I still tear up whenever I think of that night. Me and her have been more than inseperable ever since. We are best friends from HS, Sisters from AOII.

Awww wow, thats such a cute story! Thanks for sharing!