That Al gore is funny

Press to Al Gore: "Did you hear a Brazilian soldier was killed in Iraq?"

AG: "How many is a brazillian?"
Old 10-14-2005, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

No no that's a Bush joke.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

It's probably been a joke used against numerous politicials. I think it's funny regardless.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:22 PM
GreekChat Member

The really funny part is that when I saw the subject, I knew that Hoosier started the thread without even looking.

I wonder why...
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

With 1,119 days to go until the 2008 presidential election, the first endorsement came in, the Associated Press reports:

Sen. Edward Kennedy said Wednesday he would back fellow Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008--even if Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton also pursues a White House bid.

"If he runs, I would support him," Kennedy told The Associated Press in an interview at his Boston office.

In keeping with tradition, Mary Jo Kopechne is not expected to issue an endorsement.

- OJ
Old 10-14-2005, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hoosier
In keeping with tradition, Mary Jo Kopechne is not expected to issue an endorsement.
Hey Hoosier,

Why don't we drive off that bridge when we come to it?

Besides, if things continue as they are, in another 1,119 days President Bush will have the GOP in a deep enough hole that endorsements won't matter.

But hey, why don't we wait a while before we start a new presidential campaign and see if George II can turn it around some. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing some improvements here and there.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltAlum
Hey Hoosier,

Besides, if things continue as they are, in another 1,119 days President Bush will have the GOP in a deep enough hole that endorsements won't matter.

But hey, why don't we wait a while before we start a new presidential campaign and see if George II can turn it around some. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing some improvements here and there.
Come on. You have to admit he's funny. I know you think so but don't want to admit it.

-Rudey
Old 10-14-2005, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
Come on. You have to admit he's funny. I know you think so but don't want to admit it.
I suppose it depends on your definition of funny.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Re: That Al gore is funny

Quote:
Press to Al Gore: "Did you hear a Brazilian soldier was killed in Iraq?"

AG: "How many is a brazillian?"

That's a Bush joke that I posted in the New Random thread two weeks ago.

So anyway, Rummy's giving W the daily briefing. And he winds up saying, "And three Brazilian soldiers were killed."

And W gasps and turns white and puts his head down on the table, groaning with grief. All the aides are deeply concerned at this display of strong emotion, since he had certainly weathered harsher storms with nary a flicker.

Then he raised his face, streaming with tears. "God, that's so horrible, I can hardly get my mind around it. Three Brazilians! How many's a brazillion?"
Old 10-14-2005, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

LOL. Yep, it's still funny. Even Bush fans can laugh at that.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:33 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Quote:
Originally posted by Lindz928
LOL. Yep, it's still funny. Even Bush fans can laugh at that.
I hate Bush. Their songs sucked.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Hey Hoosier,

Just as Kerry had his Vietnam service hung around his unsuccessful neck, Kennedy will forever have Mary Jo in his back seat.

I think the 2008 campaign started that afternoon in January 2005 after W was sworn in. That is unfortunate, but it wasn't me, W, or the conservatives who started it - it was the Democrats and the media wing of the Democratic Party.

I share your hope for some improvements here and there. A starting point wold be tax reform - especially the Fair Tax plan.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Long-distance information, give me Memphis, Tennessee!
"A zebra does not change its spots."
- Al Gore, attacking President George Bush in 1992
Old 10-15-2005, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Just as Kerry had his Vietnam service hung around his unsuccessful neck, Kennedy will forever have Mary Jo in his back seat.

I think the 2008 campaign started that afternoon in January 2005 after W was sworn in. That is unfortunate, but it wasn't me, W, or the conservatives who started it - it was the Democrats and the media wing of the Democratic Party.

I share your hope for some improvements here and there. A starting point wold be tax reform - especially the Fair Tax plan.
I've had just about enough of your crap about the "Media wing of the Democrat Party." If you really believe that you're seriously delusional.

If anything, things have moved the other direction. Listen to the radio.

Or just stay in your dream world.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I've had just about enough of your crap about the "Media wing of the Democrat Party." If you really believe that you're seriously delusional.

If anything, things have moved the other direction. Listen to the radio.

Or just stay in your dream world.
I fear this thread is close to deletion.

Have you read the book (I've forgotten the title) by the former CBS insider, who exposed the network's ingrained bias? After it was published, Dan Rather and others didn't get him fired, but he very seldom got on the air.

Thank God for talk radio - but the audience is small though influential. Limbaugh, Hannity, Boortz combine for about 14 million listeners a week. The big three natl. TV evening news shows have about 14 million each per day. And talk radio is mostly a daytime thing, available mostly to housewives, self-employed, and retired.

"If anything, things have moved the other direction." Give me a few examples.
Closed Thread