Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,319
0 members and 1,319 guests
No Members online

Old 09-20-2005, 02:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to meglion
philanthropic Help!

Hey, during the fall Kappa Pi chapter (TTU) always does Lion's Roar. It is usually a 3v3 Basketball tourney on campus. Well the gym that we always use for like the past 5 yrs, we can't use this year (new director). Anyways so I am trying to think of something really fast. It is the 2nd week in October and I think it would be too cold to do something outside. What philanthropy does your chapter do in the fall? Please help!!!
Old 09-20-2005, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

If I'm not mistaken, one of the chapters in Tennessee (UT or Memphis?) sells chili. I think that could be a quick and easy fundraiser if everyone brought cans of beans, tomatoes, etc and then you buy beef and mix it up. You could probably talk to the Walmart and see if they would let you sell containers of it out front. Just an idea....

My chapter's big philanthropy was in the spring...are you in Tennessee? or Texas? Because an outdoor October basketball tournament at a local park, outdoor court might be kinda fun. You could sell warm drinks for spectators and make sweatshirts instead of t-shirts.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
I know it's getting close to October and that means Halloween...there are so many things you could do!

haunted house

maybe a bonfire/hayride (bonfire might be a risk-management no-no) for kids with local sponsors donating food/monetary donations and maybe an inexpensive cover charge for the kids/families...you could even work with a local hospital or Boys and Girls Club or Boy/Girl Scout Councils for something like this

raking leaves in return for donations to CMN

a "Mr. University" pagent

flag football tournament....get the fraternities to provide coaches football is always fun in cold weather!
Old 09-21-2005, 01:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to meglion
Has anyone ever done like a fashionshow sort of thing? That is what I am thinking right now. We want to do something on campus so other organizations can do it. We do Greek God (a pageant) in the Spring which is our bigger one.

I'm thinking like "Strut Your Stuff for CMN" or "CMN Catwalk" or "Work it for CMN" ETC. if you can think of a better title let me know.

Sort of be like a make your own outfit deal, but out of odd materials like newspapers, ducttape, trash, plastic, etc.

Anybody have any ideas?
Old 09-23-2005, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

At UTK, we do Chili for the Children on a football Saturday. It is sponsored by O'Charleys and they do all the cooking. We just pick it up take it to campus and serve it. Each girl is required to sell X number of tickets. We have cute t-shirts made up for the event too. Last year the back of the shirt looked like the Tabasco label but all the wording in the labe was about Phi Mu and the chili.

We also used to do reverse trick or treating on Halloween where you collect money for children's miracle network and give the homeowners a piece of candy.