GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Alpha Epsilon
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,103
1 members and 1,102 guests
John

Old 09-05-2005, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lilchio
Question help for a friend

My friend is an SAE at the U of Cincinnati. We got on the subject of lavaliering and pinning. He isn't quite sure how it works at our univeristy... if there is a difference between the two, and what the exact significance is (pre-enagement, or just the girlfirend being considered equal or above the brothers) but doesn't want to ask his brothers because he'd probably get some slack for it. I was going to ask my sisters for him but I figured that I'd go to the SAE's themselves first and ask on the off chance that one of you goes to UC.

I personaly feel that it matters more what he thinks lavaliering or pinning means to him and his girlfriend... but it would still be nice to give him a better answer than that.

any comments are appreciated... Thanks Guys!

Last edited by lilchio; 09-17-2005 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to UTDallasKATheta
lavaliering, or dropping, is done for a girlfriend symbolizing that the girl is just as important as the brother. As for pinning, its not a widely practiced thing at my university, since pins are usually reserved specifically for members. I know for SAE that there is a little ceremony for the girl, and also if the girl is in a sorority, she gets another ceremony. double the love! hope this helps