Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,568
0 members and 1,568 guests
No Members online

Old 06-28-2001, 09:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Being Greek

What is your most rewarding experience or sincere expression of love since you have become a member of a greek organization? I have been in situations when I knew if it wasn't for my Sorors there wouldn't have been no one else there for me.
Old 06-29-2001, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

The most sincere and touching expressions of love, I have found, from my sorors have been simple and small displays of true consideration.

When I moved out here to Vancouver, WA, I was put in touch with another of my sorors in Vancouver. She didn't know me from a can of paint, but she invited me and my family to her house for dinner, to her church, and has been a true sister to me, accepting me unconditionally, because I am her soror.

Now that doesn't seem like much to some people, but I am at least 500 miles from my nearest relative, so it is a very good thing to have a sister in my city.

The night after my first interest meeting, I thanked God for letting me experience the excellence that is Sigma, and I still thank Him to this very day.

Old 06-29-2001, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

My most rewarding experience is when i realized just how different each and every one of my soror is in my chapter alone but how we come together on one accord.

many people think we were long time freinds before we became sorors. however, we did not know each other at all.

sometimes i think if i was never a soror, would i hang out with these girls? the answere is no because they are so different from me and i have my own set of friends.

but it is amazing how when we come together it is like a family of blood sisters. we dish on men, sex, family problems and everything under the sun. i never grew up with my sister. and in my sorors i found sisters i always wished i had.

------------------
the sexiest ladies in the world are laced in rubies and pearls.

[This message has been edited by RHOyal-Silence (edited June 29, 2001).]
Old 06-29-2001, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Rhoyal Silence, that was beautiful. My LS's are not women that I would ever imagine I could have made friends with on my own. They are much younger than I am but the bond is still there. One has offered -- no ordered me to go on a vacation by myself and she will keep my kids! My own sisters would never do that. I have been under a tremendous amount of stress for the last few years and just a few months ago I had to take a break from work, school, children, sorority duties, everything. My Basileus has even offered to take my children so I can get away. And I will but I know I wouldn't be able to do this if it wasn't for this great sisterhood.
Old 06-29-2001, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

(sniff, sniff) Blue Reign, that is so beautiful... If y'all are ever in Vancouver, I will whip up a big pot of seafood gumbo (or crawfish and crab if it's hot) for you...

We're just so beautiful (wiping tears of joy)...

TR Simon
Old 07-02-2001, 09:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Question

Soror TRSimon, have we corresponded before? I would like for you to e-mail me or I will e-mail you before the day is over.

Poodles..
Old 07-02-2001, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I wrote you, bluereign!