GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,145
Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, lopezsae
» Online Users: 1,521
0 members and 1,521 guests
No Members online

Old 07-20-2005, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Sister going on a humanitarian aid trip to Africa

Hi everyone!

I know it's been awhile since I've been around here (busy with work, grad school, life...you know the deal), but I wanted to pass along this message from one of my chapter sisters:

Quote:

Hello to all my sisters near and far.

As some of you may know I'm working toward a humanitarian aid trip to Africa in September! Millions of people in Africa are starving. In an effort to curb the illegal activity and undernourishment that prevail in Swaziland, one of the poorest nations on the continent of Africa, I will be planting vegetable gardens among the populace. I will be venturing with a faith-based humanitarian organization called Dream for Africa, founded by Bruce Willkinson (most commonly known as the author of The Prayer of Jabez and Secrets of the Vine). If you would like more specifics on what I'll be doing during my 10-day trip, please visit the Dream for Africa website at www.dreamforafrica.com.

I would like to ask you each to consider partnering with me by praying and giving. The total cost of the trip is $3,500. This covers everything – plane fare, food, lodging, in-country travel and gardening necessities. I would love for you to be part of my "prayer and giving" team during this trip and joining me in this amazing opportunity to make a difference, "contributing to the world's work in the community where [we are] placed because of the joy of service thereby bestowed" instilled in all of us as Alpha Gams.

Thank you for your consideration. No matter the level or type of support, EVERYONE is an inspiration, hope, supporter, friend and sister to me! Thank you all for your support.

Donations of all levels will be deposited into my account and you will receive a tax deductible receipt. Please use my participant code #881847 when you give. You can give on-line through the www.dreamforafrica.com website or by calling 1-800-901-7585.

I hope and look forward to hearing back from you within the next week or two. I am also excited to share in this adventure with you! Many blessings! I love and miss you all!

Loyally in Epsilon Pi,
Erika
c/o 2003
Erika is a great person, and I think it's wonderful that she's participating in this program. Please consider contributing to her trip - even if it's only a few dollars. Thanks so much!

~Donielle