Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,363
1 members and 1,362 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 07-17-2000, 02:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Indiana Love?

Hello sorors and friends.
Recently I came across a post in the DST forums that asked whether there was true Coleman Love? Out of respect for DST, I didn't read it, for it said it was for Ques and Deltas only. However it was interesting to see that our sisterfriends had a simialar concern as me.
I want to know if you think that there is real Indiana Love. Now Im not asking if you consider Kappas to be our brothers. That poor dead horse has been beat TOOOO many times. lol. And technically according to my constitution and By-Laws, SGRho stands alone. But do u feel or see the respect between KAPsi and SGRho where you are? We all know that Indiana Luv is based on our founding locations and situation (being founded on predominantly white campuses) at the time. And also based on the fact that Kappas taught SGRho's to cane. But this bond, however strong or weak, doesn't seem to be recognized by all soRHOrs and NUPES. Do u think it should be? Does it really matter? I've seen sorors very upset at not just the lack of Indiana Luv but at the straight up disregard of SGRho by SOME Kappas. Just curious as to what you think?
Yeeep Out!
SoloRHO

PS: For the record, It doesn't really matter much to me either way. But personally Nupes played a huge part in my process. I feel the love from them and those in their chapters and a few select others. The way I see it, just return the love where love is given.
Old 07-17-2000, 07:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Greetings to SoloRho and all the Ladies of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. Please pardon my post, but I have a "wondering eye" when it comes to other BGLO forums.

SoloRho: I am the one who posted the "Coleman Love" topic in the Delta Forum. By no means was my title intended to scare away prospective greek repliers. Actually my title was only intended to deter non-BGLO responses. Prematurely, I assumed that Deltas and Ques would be the only ones inclined to respond to this topic; and for that I APOLOGIZE!!!

I feel that Greekchat is an open forum where all BGLO's can respond to topics of interest, irregardless of where the topic may be posted.

I am glad to see that Iam not alone in my contemplation on the "BrotherlyLove" issue!

Sorry for the long post.

"THEE BKLYNDELTA"
1913% LEGIT AND LOVIN' IT

[This message has been edited by bklyndelta (edited July 17, 2000).]
Old 07-17-2000, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Solo, I don't know if you got it, but I just posted an e-mail on collegeclub saying the same thing...(great poodles think alike...I guess)

But my thing is basically, that it is confusing, especially for a neo when you don't know if this kappa thinks you are his soror or not, and I don't want to overstep my bounds you know.

Also I guess that the same question can be said about the Iotas too.

But then again, I get so confused sometimes...what the heck were all brothers and sisters in greekdom....'nuff said
Old 07-17-2000, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Sisterfriend, BKLYNDelta, no apology is neccessary at all!!!
And I do completely understand your purpose of seeking only certain responses. But at this point, I'd like to hear the opinions of greeks and friends on the relationships of the Greek "families" at their respective schools. I mean, when it all comes down to it, we know it's all love anyway. But I think it's interesting when the more established families (Phirst Family, Coleman Love, Indiana Love) are not recognized. And things like the
Pretty Girlz and Pretty Boyz
or P&G Connection (Pink and Green w/ Purple and Gold)
The Pyramid Love (Delta and Alpha)
are observed. If I was to walk onto a campus like this, I think I'd be confused as ever. I'd just stand on the quad and scream "WHO LOVES ME?!?!" lol

PS BKLYNDelta, Where ya from girl? I live in Brownsville, BK.
Yeeep Out
Old 07-17-2000, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

To Blu,
Soror, I understand the confusion. But I learned to deal with it by using one simple rule. I never call ANYONE frat. And if a Nupe calls me soror, I leave it at that. And just remember in the back of my mind the love he gave me by simply calling me his sister. You could also take the lead of one of my favorite sorors (shout out to GhostFace Killah) who said that she considers any Greek man that shows her TRUE love and respect (emphasis on TRUE) to be her frat.

Yeeep Out
Old 07-17-2000, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks as usual soror, it's all a learning process and I plan on growing and learing as long as I can.
Quote:
Originally posted by SoloRHO:
To Blu,
Soror, I understand the confusion. But I learned to deal with it by using one simple rule. I never call ANYONE frat. And if a Nupe calls me soror, I leave it at that. And just remember in the back of my mind the love he gave me by simply calling me his sister. You could also take the lead of one of my favorite sorors (shout out to GhostFace Killah) who said that she considers any Greek man that shows her TRUE love and respect (emphasis on TRUE) to be her frat.

Yeeep Out
Old 07-17-2000, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Hey SoloRho, thanx for understanding and giving a sista the "heads up" on all that love floating around. WOW! I didn't know about all of those "extramarital" affairs!! LOL LOL

By the way, I'm from Brooklyn (Clinton Hill section), but I now reside in Westchester County, soon to be a resident of Charlotte, North Carolina. WHEW!!!!

"THEE BKLYNDELTA"
Old 07-18-2000, 09:52 AM
GreekChat Member

no problem bklyndelta. And if you're ever back in NY, look a Greek up! I could connect you with your sorors from the Omicron Alpha chapter (SJU) if you haven't already met them. I love my Delta sands. I have no hesitation in saying that they're some of the coolest girls on the yard!
Old 07-18-2000, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

SURE 'NUFF, SoloRho!!!!!!!!

"THEE BKLYNDELTA"
Old 07-20-2000, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

i have been a RHOyal lady since spr 99 and i still don't know. some kappas come at me and give me the hug, hand shake and all the indiana love. when i approach others, they come off as i am bothering them. on the campus where i crossed, most kappas gave all of their love to the peppermint swirls or kappa diamonds( which i think they used to be called). so i am all confused.
Old 07-20-2000, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

can only agree with you on that Soror Rhoyal Silence. I've been a lovely Sigma since Spring of '97 and I guess it just depends on where you're at. In Ohio where I crossed it really depended on the school. The Kappas one my yard were quite shady, but just across the street at another HBCU the Kappa's were real cool. I also recall meeting a Nupe from Cali at a party and when I approached him to do the handshake he was like "sorry but where I'm from we don't get down like that" . Now up in the northern part of Ohio they were crazy cool, giving the handshake and everything. When I moved to N.C. they were cool there too. Now I live in the Baltimore/D.C. area and just the other day a Kappa through up their sign as he was passing by in his car. But had I not left the yard back in my undergraduate days I would've ever known that Indiana Love ever existed. So now just to save myself the any slightest bit of embarrassment I just let them call it. As far as I'm concerned I have love for all greeks. But when it comes to really having my back, I don't need a brother I got all of my lovely Sisters for that!!!

Loving S.G.Rho the only way to go!!!!

------------------
Old 07-24-2000, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

SORORS I HAVE TO SAY THAT I ATTENDED AN ALL GIRL SCHOOL AND DID NOT HAVE THE PLEASURE OF BONDING WITH ANY FRATERNITY BROTHERS ESPECIALLY THE KAPPAS BUT I MUST SAY THAT I HAVE BEEN PLACES WHERE I HAVE FELT THE LOVE AND OTHER PLACES WHERE I HAVEN'T FELT THE LOVE. MOST RECENTLY I ATTENDED PHILLYGREEK AND WAS ASKED NUMEROUS TIMES BY KAPPAS AS TO WHY SORORS AND I WEREN'T STOPPING TO SHOW LOVE....THAT WAS CONFUSING BECAUSE IT IS NOT SOMETHING I AM USE TO NOR IS IT SOMETHING I SEEK BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE ANY BROTHERS....BUT AS ONE SOROR SAID ANY FRAT THAT SHOWS ME TRUE LOVE WILL RECEIVE IT BACK.
Old 07-25-2000, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I am new to the board, but I have something to say on the subject. I have been a member of SGRho since the fall of '99 and proud of it. Well the guys who wanted to be Kappas on my campus all sat down one day and decided they did not want to call us their sisters. Now in a lot of ways that hurt and in other ways it did not. I feel that if they want to recognize us that is fine, but it does not define who I am as a SGRho. I would love to have Kappas recognize my sorority as their sister, all of them not just some. But like you said we are not truly brothers and sisters, and the only thing that should matter is the love that we show to ourselves.
Old 06-18-2001, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb Do you believe in Indiana Love?

Do you believe in Idiana Love?

I have visited several campusus and I have realized that there are not alot of schools that exhibit Indiana Love. And I have also noticed in this forum that Iota's call you all soro's-expain that. I will give you all my thoughts after your responce.

Kasm #2
Kappa Alpha Psi

------------------
Whenever you are wrong, admit it: whenever you are right, shut up!
Old 06-18-2001, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Hi and welcome to the forum.

What you read here is just an Iota expressing his love in this forum which I have seen and received from most of the Iotas I have met. FYI -- We are not their sorors!!

Do you want to know how I feel about Indiana Love or just my observations? be specific