Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,434
2 members and 1,432 guests
Cookiez17, KatieKate1244

Old 04-25-2005, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lambdachirho
I need more help

Yeah I know this is crazy now I need more help! I'm gona post this in Social also(im posting it here since im local).... but what exactly are/do you do/have any advice or info on:

*Date Party

*Alumni Picnic

*Parents' Day (mother/daughter)

thanks sooo much guys....
Old 04-25-2005, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
We've only had one picnic (officially). It was fun. The girl bought stuff to BBQ. We went out to a park by the river here and we had everyone's family tree out to the best of our knowledge. The problem is that I don't think they started archiving family tree info until 1994 so everyone before that didn't know where they were because things had changed. Sad, but I guess that's what happened. We had some of our founders come with their kids, dogs, hubbies... it was fun. Real eye-opener.

We didn't really play games or anything because everyone was so interested in just listening to what the founders were saying/talking about.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Every year in the spring we do a Family Barbecue. We send out invitations to everyone's parents, and we order things like hamburgers and hot dogs through the school. Everything else is provided by us. In the invitations that we send out to parents, we put in a slip of paper asking each person to bring something like salad, beverage, dessert, etc. It always ends up being really nice. This year, our family barbecue fell on one of my sister's birthdays, so her parents brought a big cake and everyone sang to her.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I've gone to a few date parties and a few crush parties

date parties typically start out with everyone meeting up and going out to dinner and then some sort of activity followed by an afterparty. One that i went too that was pretty fun was a progressive dinner, started with appetizers at one location, salad/soup at another, dinner at another, desert/coffee at another and then the afterparty at another.

The crush parties basically are inviting a bunch of guys they are friends with and having a get together picnics and such are commonish
Old 06-07-2005, 05:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kappahockey
we do 2 alumni events each year one in the fall around homecoming and we have a BBQ at our house each active sister brings a dish or something and the sorority buys the meat and other things and we invite our alumni back, make picture boards, give house tours ect and in the spring we have a concert that the school puts on so we have a breakfast before we all head down to that.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lambdachirho
thanks everyone for all your help and ideas these are great thanks
Old 12-09-2005, 01:54 AM
GreekChat Member

we have a spring picnic every year and we would invite all of our friends (greek or not, nons had to pay for a cup), alums and the sisters and it was always an awesome and sloppy time!