Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,127
0 members and 1,127 guests
No Members online

Old 02-11-2005, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

History of Sigma Kappa, Brave Maroon, & Brave Maroon II

I'd like to get my hands on copies of History of Sigma Kappa (Lillian M. Perkins), Brave Maroon, & Brave Maroon II (edited by Lillian M. Perkins.) I've seen History of Sigma Kappa on eBay before but nothing about the Brave Maroon poetry anthologies. I've searched on eBay & just about everywhere else I can think of but with no luck. Anybody got any suggestions?
Old 02-11-2005, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I actually have Brave Marroon II (sorry I'm keeping it! ) but I believe all of them are not published anymore. You may contact Nationals and ask them. I am hoping that they publish a new History of Sigma Kappa soon since that last one that was published I think was for the 25yr anniversery!
Old 02-12-2005, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

That would be awesome to have! I would love to have them at my place & perhaps someday when my fiancee & I decide we're ready for children *fingers crossed* I will be lucky enough to have a little legacy to pass on the Sigma Kappa tradition to.
I have 3 nieces & I always tell them about the sorority & show them my pictures. I even bought them the T-shirts that say "Future Sigma Kappa"
Old 02-13-2005, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I'd like to have copies of these books for my own personal use. I don't plan on having chidren (and neither does my only sister) but you never know! I want these books as part of my own Sigma Kappa history.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a copy of The History of Sigma Kappa 1874-1924(??) with a maroon cover, and then I have another History of Sigma Kappa book that is larger, around 8.5x11 with a white cover. I thought I was buying another maroon bound books but I ended up with the white one. They're basically the same thing, though. One thing to do is look online at old book warehouses. Search for "antique books" or "books out of publication" and see what you come up with.