Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,453
2 members and 1,451 guests
Cookiez17

Old 01-20-2005, 05:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Touching story I would like to share...

I know this is a bit long but it is worth reading. This comes from my long-time friend Grant. Please pray for him.

Dear Friends and Family,

I want to thank each and every one of you for your prayers and support. God has answered with his exceeding and abundant blessing beyond anything that I could have asked or even imagined. My company gave me all of the time off that I requested, which was a miracle since we are coming out of a merger and training about 50 new hires during the two weeks that I requested. Couple that with the fact that we are going through a department-wide shift change exactly in the middle of the time I will be gone and you can see how God intervened during this time. Also, all of the financial needs for the mission were met thanks to your generosity and God's wonderful provision. It never ceases to astound me when God pours out His blessing.

I'd like to share a quote with you that I feel captures the essence of our lives and attitudes as believers. Ben Patterson, the chaplain at Westmont College, says that hope is the ability to hear the music of the future, and faith, he adds, is dancing to it. My hope for this mission trip is that God will impact the lives of the believers in Myanmar through me. My prayer is that He would help me avoid the pitfalls of arrogance, pride, self-sufficiency, and doubt. I have faith that He will give me a spirit of humility as I endeavor to serve the believers there and demonstrate the principles that we live by as believers.

I will be leaving this Saturday, Jan 22nd. I will be flying through Tokyo, then Bangkok, on into Yangon, the capitol city of Myanmar. I am traveling under the auspices of being a tourist since we are not allowed to teach the bible there. Also I am bringing bibles into the country which will be confiscated if they are found. I will be spending some time there teaching in a bible school. I am going to be teaching on the purpose of the christian life and discipleship. I will be flying to Mandalay in the middle of next week to meet with some pastors and leaders there. I will be sharing with them some of the principles that I had learned and studied when I led a small group at my church this year. I will be teaching on the characteristics that Paul outlined to Timothy in I Tim 4:12, "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example to the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity." I will return to Yangon on Thurs, Feb 3rd, and I fly out on Sat Feb 5th.
Please pray for:
- the safety of the items that are being brought into the country
- the safety of the believers that we will be interacting with
- wisdom and humility for me as I share with the believers that I teach
- God's protection as we travel to, from, and within Myanmar
- blessing for the various ministries that will be impacted while we are there

Thank you all again so much for your love and support. It is such a tremendous encouragement to me both as I prepare and while I am there to know how many people are lifting me up in prayer! I love you all and look forward to sharing with you when I return!

In Him and for Him,

Grant
Old 01-21-2005, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator

Laura, thank you for sharing that. I'm sure that all of the thread prayer warriors will be keeping Grant in their prayers!
Old 01-21-2005, 12:20 AM
ADPiZXalum

Awesome!! Tell Grant we'll be praying for him. I hope things go great for him over there.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks to you...

And I had hoped that they would! Thank you all so much!