GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,158
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, Christos-Cyp
» Online Users: 1,478
2 members and 1,476 guests
JerricaB, willTic

Old 01-08-2005, 06:26 AM
GreekChat Member

So sugar & spice and KSigkid are hanging out...

Its another lifesaver hypothetical!

Heres the deal. I’m gonna do this like I did last time and use GC hypotheticals to get my point across without getting myself or any others involved in trouble.

Again, names have been changed to protect the scared. I use the name of people on GC I think are cool instead of the real names!

Lets just say that sugar and spice and Ksigkid have been seen out socially for a few weeks. And S&S has spent the night at Ksigkid’s house 3 outta 7 nites a week for the last few weeks. Theres never been any hanky panky because KS wants to take it slow and really likes S&S. Wants to make it all special when they do.

For some stupid unknown reason S&S DOES NOT have a cell phone. Its like 1994 with this stuff. KS can reach S&S at work or at home. The other night S&S calls KS on the phone at 8PM and wants to know if she can come over. KS says ‘Sure’ and so she says she’ll be over by 8pm. S&S never shows. HS calls at 11PM and leaves a message. Never hears anything. Calls the next day at 10AM at S&S’s house, leaves a message. Calls S&S work at 3PM and leaves a message there. FINALLY hears something from S&S at 10PM saying “I’m sorry I fell asleep, and I am just now getting off work. Can I come over?” So KS says yes, and S&S crashes in the bed. They fall asleep. Whatever. Still no foolin around.

Tonight S&S calls KS at 9pm. KS misses the call because hes out on a boys nite (just for dinner) and S&S is calling from work. KS misses the call. The number S&S is calling from is the main exchange number for S&S’work and when KS calls, there’s no ‘press 4 for a company directory” and KS is a dumb ass and hasn’t written S&S’s EXACT extension down. KS usually calls during business hours and has the operator connect him. Well cause its 8pm, he cant get connected to S&S and he doesn’t have S&S’s business card with her extension on it – cause they are out at dinner. S&S calls at 8:48PM, 8:54PM, 9:44PM, 9:45PM and 10:08PM. SWEAR TO GOD every time S&S called, KS was either in the Restroom, engrossed in conversation or not paying attention, and his phone was on vibrate and didn’t even hear/see it go off. Hell, the last time his fingers were too greasy from the fried fish to even grasp his phone. Seriously, it fell right out.

Finally at about 10:30pm KS gets home and grabs the business card and calls S&S’s work. Leaves a message at the proper extension. Also calls S&S house and leaves a message there. Waits half hour then calls back to S&S house and leaves another message (but can tell S&S is there and on the phone (so 1995 style) because the phone just rings and rings and no one ever picks up, not even the answering machine – with means S&S was there, just on the other line and chooses not to click over. KS then decides ‘phuck it’ and meets his buddies out at the bar. KS for what its worth, has a blast at the bar seeing all his friends he hasn’t seen in a few weeks ‘cause the holidays.

SO lifesavers question is this: how much trouble is KS in for not answering S&S call and for not spending time with S&S tonight, even tho they had no official or tentative plans to do so? What on earth will S&S be thinking and how can KS save his ass?

Just wondering in a hypothetical kinda way. If Ksigkid is in trouble, 1) how will he know really and 2) how can he fix it if he is (even tho S&S did the same isht to him 2 nights before)
Old 01-08-2005, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Ok, first of all, I totally resent the fact that I have been demoted from being your sexual surrogate. I think me and ilovemyglo did an excellent job and don't deserve to be dropped from your fantasy-relationship roster.

No offense to Ksigkid (who is engaged, sorry to cock block you buddy) and Sugar and Spice.,

Ok, now to your problem.

People are often neurotic about their relationships. People are even more neurotic at the beginning. When I say neurotic I mean that thoughts about the relationship can cause stress and anxiety.

Stress and anxiety can cause feelings of urgency that are irrational.

What ksigkid and sugar and spice are probably feeling is a sense of urgency when things go a little askew.

That sense of urgewncy leads to odd thoughts like: is something wrong? Did I/she do something wrong? Feel somehow different?

Its relationship hypochondria. You exist in a state of anxiety wondering what is wrong till you from each other and realize all is good.

The ups and downs at the beginning of a relationship can be killer. Notice how each day influences how you feel?

How it can be radically different every twenty four hours based either on your last experience with the other person or some miscommunication?

So here is my specific thought: Chill.

Instead of calling a thousand times, if you miss her call and say: " Hey this Ksigkid, I'm sorry I missed you, I really want to talk to you and spend some time with you, so call me back a soon as you get this .. . ." Or something like that.

Then maybe call back a second time later and leave a message. " Hey I was thinking maybe we could do _______ this later/tomorrow. Call me back and tell me what you think.

Now here is a general thought: Start anchoring your relationship.

In a long term relationship people are a little less neurotic because there is an expectation that even if everyone is busy today, you willl definitely be seeing eachother later.

What you want to do is start making dates several days ahead. Like say its Tuesday, you ask her if she wants to see a movie or dinner or some such on Friday at 8:00pm.

Make it clear to her that you want to see her before then if you both can also. The cool thing about it is that if something goes wrong, like a miscommunication on a Thursday, it seems less important because you know you have a future date already planned.

Always leave your last planned date, with another planned date scheduled. That way you stop living day to day and change it to at leat week to week.

Some final thoughts: She is just as neurotic and uncertain at the beginning as you are and she wants to like you and be liked as much as you want these things.

So stop making it so hard by showing inferior relationship skills. she's only human not a freaking mind reader.

Also, stop not making a move when she comes over. Are you gay? Do you want her to think you are gay? You don't want to get into the habit of not-hooking up and you don't want to somehow devolve into some kind of friend mode either.

Dude, she is SLEEPING in your bed. Does she need to hit you in the face with a freaking two-by-four that says, "Take me, touch me, I'm sexually interested in you?"

OH. Wait. She already has by coming over so much.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

1) Sorry about the demotion. I figure I gotta spread the love. Make everyone fell included and all.

2) You give great advice. It is relationship paranoia. Thats all.

3)I wouldnt say theres been NO foolin around between KS and S&S, but no sex yet. KS wanted to look respectable, but you bring up a damn good point about falling into the friend trap. Hope it hasnt happened yet.

4) Sorry for posting thsi in chitchat. If someone wants to move it to dating & relatiosnhips, I wont be offended. I was a bit intoxicated when I posted this. I swear someone needs to put a breathalyser on my computer.

5) Thanks.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Im confused... why would KS be in trouble? are KS & S&S just "casually seeing each other"... are they "boyfriend/girlfriend"... are they MARRIED? Because if they were MARRIED, i could see why she might be upset.

does KS have this nifty thing called "voicemail" on his cell phone? If so, she could leave a message and not have to call 547 times.

Last edited by texas*princess; 01-08-2005 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by James
Dude, she is SLEEPING in your bed. Does she need to hit you in the face with a freaking two-by-four that says, "Take me, touch me, I'm sexually interested in you?"
ROFL
Old 01-08-2005, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

he shouldn't be in trouble at all. shit happens. s&s needs to calm the f* down with the constant calling or whatever. ksk left his friends and went home to call her and she didn't answer the calls. she just needs to get a damn cell phone to make things easier or at least voicemail. not just for ksk, but for everyone else that tries to call her. ksk was in a restaurant, and it's rude to be on the phone while you're there.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

This is kinda surreal. But awesome.

And I agree that he shouldn't be in too much trouble.
Old 01-08-2005, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by James
This is where most boys get themselves into trouble. Just b/c a girl is sleeping in your bed doesn't mean she wants you. It's okay to just want a warm body to snuggle with sometimes.
Old 01-08-2005, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I've never been the GC hypothetical...it's actually pretty cool.

I don't think I should be in too much trouble; it's one night, nothing horribly wrong was done, and people miss phone calls. That's what happens. No harm, no foul.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AOPIHottie Send a message via Yahoo to AOPIHottie
it was phone tag. She SHOULD NOT be mad, but you never know, some girls are psycho-ish like that. I wouldn't be mad, I would be frustrated for missing each other THAT many times, but KSK was making the effort, and that should be all that matters. They should both apologize to each other, then figure out some kind of system so this won't happen again, like when you leave a message, say something like, if I don't hear from you by 8, then I will give you a call around then-that way you are both thinking to be near your phones at 8.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Hypo or physco theoretical or not, this is getting to realistic having been in the situation before!

Now, lifesaver, what if they both turned out to be gay?

How would this fit into the program of if, what, and why?

Oh, dont say I called them Gay! Just a what if!

In the hypotheoretical sense of the situation of using names!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 01-09-2005, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
I remember when I was in your hypothetical. I, too, am sad about the demotion.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:03 PM
ADPiZXalum

Tell her to get a stinkin cell phone and then you won't have this problem.