GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,169
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,020
1 members and 1,019 guests
Cookiez17

Old 09-16-2004, 12:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Purse Party?

Has anyone ever been to one of those parties where you design your own purses? I got invited to one coming up, and the pics she sent w/ the invite were CUTE! I was just curious about how much these purses cost, or if I would be better off getting that new D&B I've been eyeing.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax
Never heard of it, but it looks to be a popular thing right now:

http://snipurl.com/9472

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I've never heard of a purse party where you make your own purses, but I have heard of purse parties where they sell name brand knock offs like Louis Vuitton, Prada, Fendi, Kate Spade, etc.
Old 09-16-2004, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Quote:
Originally posted by norcalchick
I've never heard of a purse party where you make your own purses, but I have heard of purse parties where they sell name brand knock offs like Louis Vuitton, Prada, Fendi, Kate Spade, etc.
That is exactly what I was thinking of when I saw the title of the thread.

I'm not crafty so I have no idea how to make a purse.
Old 09-16-2004, 05:26 PM
GreekChat Member

My alum chapter is doing this in January. I don't know much about it, but it looks like a lot of fun. And the store was started by two other Alpha Phis! I remember them not being cheap though, almost as much as you would spend on a regular designer purse. Here's the link of the one we are doing.
http://www.1154lill.com/handbagparties/
Old 09-16-2004, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to winnieb
In my area this is VERY popular right now. A popular company around here is "Bag Daddy". They have cute stuff-- you pick your shape of the bag, the handles, the fabric (inside and out), the inside pockets, garnishments on the top (fringe, feathers, etc). You personally "make" the bag--just pick out the pieces, it is sent off and put together, returned to you in a bout 6 weeks. Everyone I know who has made a "Bag Daddy" bag has spent about $75 to over a $100 per bag.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lauralaylin
My alum chapter is doing this in January. I don't know much about it, but it looks like a lot of fun. And the store was started by two other Alpha Phis! I remember them not being cheap though, almost as much as you would spend on a regular designer purse. Here's the link of the one we are doing.
When I was still in Chicago, our alumnae chapter had a purse party at 1154 Lill, but I wasn't able to go. I wish I had been there, though, because their stuff is REALLY cute.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
Quote:
Originally posted by lauralaylin

i've been meaning to head over to the store on newbury street. i'm on the email-mailing list and the bags look so cute.
Old 09-16-2004, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to hottytoddy Send a message via AIM to hottytoddy Send a message via Yahoo to hottytoddy
Anyone else think of that episode od Sex and the City where that psycho bitch (played by Jennifer Coolidge/Stifler's mom) had that purse party and all the purse's were terrible. And at the end she started throwing shit after she found Samantha getting it on with Smith in the kitchen....
Old 09-17-2004, 08:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hottytoddy
Anyone else think of that episode od Sex and the City where that psycho bitch (played by Jennifer Coolidge/Stifler's mom) had that purse party and all the purse's were terrible. And at the end she started throwing shit after she found Samantha getting it on with Smith in the kitchen....
That is EXACTLY what I thought of when I saw this thread. I think a purse making party, though, is a cute idea. My friend and I keep meaning to go to 1154 Lill. If we like it, maybe I'll recommend it as a social idea for my alumnae chapter!
Old 09-17-2004, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to IheartAphi
I know a lady that will make them custom in Lincolnton NC. They are super cute