GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,543
2 members and 1,541 guests
IndianaSigKap

Old 09-07-2004, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

A COB question!!

Hey everyone!! My name is Morgan and I rushed at Auburn this fall, but I didnt pledge. I signed up for COB and everything, but I am wondering how often the sororites will take people...does it just depend? or can everyone take people after initiation? or are there usually a few people that will drop out?
Old 09-07-2004, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Morgan,

You need to contact the office of Greek Life at your school ASAP and talk to them directly about COB at your school. There may be paperwork for you to fill out.

Good luck!
Old 09-07-2004, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi! I go to Auburn, and majority (if not all) will be beginning to COB soon (it's not because we all didn't make quota- Panhellenic raised average chapter size). So go sign up at the greek life office and you will be contacted by sororities!

Good luck!
Old 09-07-2004, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, I have filled out the form that Greek Life office told me to, and they said that that was all I needed to do. So hopefully I'm good for COB. I'm just wonding about how many people each sorority takes(I have heard that a few wont take people regardless). And I'm hoping that it's soon, but I have also heard that COB won't happen until initiation is over...so I'm all confused, lol. But thanks so much for all the information!!
Old 09-08-2004, 12:04 AM
GreekChat Member

I can only comment on DG (obviously ) but we won't be taking a COB group until after we have initation in October. Other groups may be doing the same thing.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DZBookie
Whether or not a chapter will take on potential new members is determined by whether the chapter is at total. The university determines the total amount of women each sorority can have. For example: At my university the total for each sorority is 60. Formal rush quota put my chapter over total. Therefore my chapter will not be doing cob. they will only begin a new pledge class next formal rush. The other chapters on campus are not at total and will be starting cob soon. These sororities can pledge as many as they like to put them at total. (If they are 10 away from total they can pledge 10 girls) Check with your office of greek affairs and find out if the sororities you are interested in are at total. Most sororities will initiate the pledges from formal rush before starting a new pledge class. Did this help?

Carol
Old 09-08-2004, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks everyone! this definantly helped me out a lot, i was so confused about everything lol. So I guess I will just have to wait for the sororities to start doing COB. Thanks for everything!!

Morgan